Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭TheCockpitGuy

EI-FNG

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

EI-FNG

7A is a crew rest area. Although I only saw cabin manager use it.

So basically it's a business class seat with a curtain!!? I thought there would need to be more than just one available bed for crew rest? Can only one Pilot/crew member rest at a time then?
    I thought A330s had a crew rest under the floor ? I know A340s certainly do but I thought it would be the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

When will EI-FNH be delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Locker10a wrote: »
    So basically it's a business class seat with a curtain!!? I thought there would need to be more than just one available bed for crew rest? Can only one Pilot/crew member rest at a time then?
    I thought A330s had a crew rest under the floor ? I know A340s certainly do but I thought it would be the same?

Yea they're on the 200s too but they're removed when not on LAX or SFO.This is a permanent one that's tidier.the crew rest underfloor are on LAX,DUO,DAA.the later 2 new A330 will have the removable underfloor area,FNG/FNH are structurally provisioned for it.

EI-FNH possibly 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

The rest area at 7A is for flight deck crew (DUO actually has a dedicated Flight Deck Rest Area behind the Cockpit) - Used only on LAX/SFO. Cabin Crew rest area is located in a loadable LDMCR at Doors 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

Will FNG/FNH be used to US West coast, I'm flying to SFO in October would be nice to get a spin on one of the new busses!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

ShanE90 wrote: »
    Will FNG/FNH be used to US West coast, I'm flying to SFO in October would be nice to get a spin on one of the new busses!

A333 don't start until Apr/May 17 at earliest.

I didn't notice much apart from the fact that it was a bit cleaner and had that new plane smell!

I didn't notice much apart from the fact that it was a bit cleaner and had that new plane smell!

Ha, that new smell will quickly be replaced. :p

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    A333 don't start until Apr/May 17 at earliest.

dont think FNG/FNH will be west coast birds,due crew rest etc see previous post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Bussywussy wrote: »
    dont think FNG/FNH will be west coast birds,due crew rest etc see previous post

Perhaps but I was been more general relating to A333 ops starting to SFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

Finally saw -FNG today.. She looks immaculate..
    Very happy to finally see her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

ohigg84 wrote: »
    Finally saw -FNG today.. She looks immaculate..
    Very happy to finally see her.

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/Airbus/A330/1742/EI-FNG-Aer-Lingus

I see that it has the build/construction number beside the reg. Never seen this before!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Thats while under test by airbus under a F-xxxx registration

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Thats while under test by airbus under a F-xxxx registration

Ah ok. Makes sense. Thanks

EI-FNH due for delivery this coming Wednesday 28/09.

EI2535 | TLS1630-1740DUB.

Of course subject to change, no planned EIS in the system as of yet. Seems to be a bit of wiggle room for the next two weeks.

I think it's not entering service til 6th Oct,that was the last plan I heard but I won't be surprised if it's earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Regarding that new Airbus (FNG)..... There is a chance we'll be on it in November flying to ORD.

Is this model an improvement for passengers?
    Or does it disimprove things?
    (More seats crammed in etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

Would be interested to know too as I'm flying from ORD to DUB in Nov also

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

No indication anywhere online of any more seats onboard. EI/IAG statements never stated increase in cabin capacity.
    Feedback posted above is that seats are nicer and TV screens are better.

• Advertisement

Tenger wrote: »
    No indication anywhere online of any more seats onboard. EI/IAG statements never stated increase in cabin capacity.
    Feedback posted above is that seats are nicer and TV screens are better.

As above C30 Y287 (T317) same as current spec A333's. Albeit nicer cabin in economy with updated IFE and interior, Business cabin to current spec.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Anyone know if all Aer Lingus's 757's have been upgraded in Business Class? Aer Lingus agent couldn't give me a straight answer!!

pilly wrote: »
    Anyone know if all Aer Lingus's 757's have been upgraded in Business Class? Aer Lingus agent couldn't give me a straight answer!!
    Yes us tbe answer.
    All 3 B757s refitted with new J class seats over last winter. Newest addition to the fleet (EI-CJX) was fitted out before entering service at start if summer.
    Agent may not have ever seen inside of a B757.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Thank you so much Tenger, might be worth an upgrade so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Does anyone know what the story is with Aer Lingus and these A350s, are they still on order or were they scrapped? The only info I can find online is a year old. Thanks

1123heavy wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with Aer Lingus and these A350s, are they still on order or were they scrapped? The only info I can find online is a year old. Thanks

This thread should have your answer if you scroll back on the last few pages. But I wouldnt hold your breath looking for a 350 in the green!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

pilly wrote: »
    Yes they have, my wife can vouch for it, says they are way better than previous. It must be so 'cos she's a demanding b**ch.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Yes they are still on order, further confirmation will be due toward the end of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

EI FNH on her way down the runway in Tolouse now on her way home

https://www.flightradar24.com/EIN2535/b25b48a

• Advertisement

Current official line is that EI still have A350s on order with MSN 197 due for delivery in Q2 2018. This can be seen on the Airbus A350 production list and the Aer Lingus future fleet page (you can google both)

IAG have their Capital Market Presentation in November. We expect some clarity then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement