Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Panrich

Not sure if this has been posted but pin locations for today for anyone that didn't see them...

http://www.masters.com/pdf/2015_R1_Thursday_Pin_Placements.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭ronjo

On masters.com there is a link called TRACK beside LEADERBOARD.

Is that for the entire course or just that hole does anyone know. It says it will be available from start of tournament but I cant get it to work.

ronjo wrote: »
    On masters.com there is a link called TRACK beside LEADERBOARD.

Is that for the entire course or just that hole does anyone know. It says it will be available from start of tournament but I cant get it to work.

That's a new feature this year. Not sure how (or if) it will work but I'd imagine it will be similar to the PGAtour.com version where you can pick a player and a hole and view where his shots were played from.

Panrich wrote: »
    That's a new feature this year. Not sure how (or if) it will work but I'd imagine it will be similar to the PGAtour.com version where you can pick a player and a hole and view where his shots were played from.

Aha, you click the player and then click Track Thanks a lot :)

It's actually quite good (if it's accurate). Quite a big image and very easy to follow.

• Advertisement

There goes the afternoon of working ;)

I am not too busy today anyway...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Am off since Tuesday, timed that well!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭Speak Now

benny79 wrote: »
    I think Zach will do well as he's inform and a previous winner. To me its all about the putting at Augusta!

Since they lengthened the course being a bomber is actually more important than putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

How did you get to play in Mid Summer? I thought the course was closed from May until end of Summer.
    Is that something new?

It was open in July that year anway but there was work being done. I played with two members - we were not the only people out but you wouldn't call it busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Finally a shot tracker for the masters and what a shot tracker!! I hope this continues to work as well as it is right now. Life-like graphics unlike the PGA Tour tracker.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/scores/track.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

What time does coverage start on TV ?

Also does any station anywhere in the world have full live coverage.. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

HighLine wrote: »

Well fair play to him - nice guy - hope he does well.

NeVeR wrote: »
    What time does coverage start on TV ?

Also does any station anywhere in the world have full live coverage.. ?

We get as much coverage as anyone. Augusta has always been very restrictive in how much is shown (as well as being restrictive about what can be said etc.)

Sky has the maximum available; Setanta (free to air) has a bit less - taking US feed I think - and BBC has the weekend.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Well fair play to him - nice guy - hope he does well.

Yeah definitely. Just listening to Gary Player on the golf channel and he said Bubba and Keegan were also there so kudos to them too (I still don't like either of them :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

love rickie hes always been my favourites of the younger guys on tour

Since they lengthened the course being a bomber is actually more important than putting.

Putting depends on where you are on the green. You see the occasional miracle putt or chip but the Masters is won and lost on consistently getting on the right part of the green. That in turn means you need to be on the right part of the fairway so.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I think last year it was 9pm on Thursday and Friday before Sky Sports showed any live Golf.

Anyone know if it will be any different this year?

sky88 wrote: »
    love rickie hes always been my favourites of the younger guys on tour

Seems a good lad and he had an awfully attractive caddy hugging him last night....

I think last year it was 9pm on Thursday and Friday before Sky Sports showed any live Golf.

Anyone know if it will be any different this year?

I think it will be 8pm. That's when live coverage starts in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

The shot tracker thing on the masters website is superb

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    The shot tracker thing on the masters website is superb

Especially as its getting mentioned every 5 posts or so :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Especially as its getting mentioned every 5 posts or so :D:pac:

Silly me, but it just highlights how class it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

First Up wrote: »
    We get as much coverage as anyone. Augusta has always been very restrictive in how much is shown (as well as being restrictive about what can be said etc.)

Sky has the maximum available; Setanta (free to air) has a bit less - taking US feed I think - and BBC has the weekend.

cheers... thanks for the reply.. Once i know I can stop looking :D

I have Sky so i'll just have to wait until tonight.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Silly question, but can you change the time zone on the Masters App? Seems such a basic thing, but doesn't appear to be there. I'm on Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,396 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Silly question, but can you change the time zone on the Masters App? Seems such a basic thing, but doesn't appear to be there. I'm on Android.

No and the android app is behind the iOS app in that yesterday it insisted on showing the par 3 results as the only option when you selected 'Leaderboard' whereas the iOS app gave you the option of tailoring your personalised leadberboard with your favourite players for today. Not an issue any more but did show a difference between the two platforms.

It's very strange (not being able to select a time zone) as I'm sure people on the west coast (Pacific Time) would like to have the tee times shown in PDT.

looks like Darren Clarke has had a bit of a meltdown on 5th green

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=Njc2MjMz

See do you cut the mustard to be an Augusta member

Just a 404 yard drive on 2 for Dustin (wonders how accurate that is...it is downhill)

Changed.... just a mere 318.

• Advertisement

Just a 404 yard drive on 2 for Dustin (wonders how accurate that is...it is downhill)

It changed to 318 since :)

Advertisement