Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options
1616263646567»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Same here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

And..same here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭irishgeo

no joy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

That rejection email hurt more than I thought :'(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

That rejection email hurt more than I thought :'(

Would have been worse if you got accepted and then couldn't go!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

charlieIRL wrote: »

Are many tickets sold on by people who manage to get them, and are they sold on for silly money? It turns out there is a chance I could be in Atlanta the week of the Masters next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

This is true, although if the day comes that I do get tickets for Augusta it'll take something pretty significant to stop me from getting there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Are many tickets sold on by people who manage to get them, and are they sold on for silly money? It turns out there is a chance I could be in Atlanta the week of the Masters next year.

You hear of all sorts of mad prices but a friend of mine went 2 years ago i think and they got tickets for either Thursday or the Friday very very reasonable. He also couldn't get over how everything there was priced, only a few dollars for a sandwich, water etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭irishgeo

You hear of all sorts of mad prices but a friend of mine went 2 years ago i think and they got tickets for either Thursday or the Friday very very reasonable. He also couldn't get over how everything there was priced, only a few dollars for a sandwich, water etc.

a reporter got slung out over the mobile phone ban and had to pick up a ticket up outside in order to get back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

He wont. They never do. Tiger got closest. Jack only slightly behind. The rest of the greats didnt even get near. If I'd wheels I'd be a wheelbarrow.

You just got a step closer to being a wheelbarrow mate.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

The rest of the greats didnt even get near.

Hogan did, won 3 in 1953 but couldn't play in the PGA due to clash of dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

There was a clash of dates but Hogan wouldn't have played anyway. He didn't enter the Uspga for 10 years after his accident due to being unable to handle the long tournament and 36 holes a day when it was match play. Making his haul of majors all the more remarkable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

There was a clash of dates but Hogan wouldn't have played anyway. He didn't enter the Uspga for 10 years after his accident due to being unable to handle the long tournament and 36 holes a day when it was match play. Making his haul of majors all the more remarkable.

Didn't know that, thanks for clarifying.

Advertisement