Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

CCBg9BHW4AArzA_.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I wonder will they be so friendly in a years time when they are vying for an Olympic spot! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I follow Shane Lowry on Twitter, Facebox and in the general media, and I honestly can't remember a time when I've seen someone so happy to be participating in an event. He's like a giddy kid on Xmas morning, exactly like I think I'd be. Fingers crossed be can put in a competitive performance this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm off work today and seeing all those adds and pictures of Augusta it just makes me want to play a round now. So will head to some course around cork and pretend I'm Rory for 18 holes as I shoot 100 ;)

The Ryder Cup and other majors in particular British and US open are special, but nothing beats The Masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

valoren wrote: »
    and caddies know their place as anonymous underlings in uniform white suits serving their masters

Ah jaysus.

That needs to be read in a historical context, it's certainly not from today or yesterday. If you look at old photos from the Masters in the 1960s and earlier, you'll understand what they mean by people who 'know their place'. We are talking about the southern US after all.

AUGUSTA, Ga. — For decades, the black caddies at Augusta National Golf Club — required by the club’s rules and treasured for their nuanced knowledge of the course’s topography — stood as a striking symbol of the sport’s segregated state.

“As long as I’m alive,” said Clifford Roberts, one of the club’s founders in 1933 and a longtime Masters chairman, “all the golfers will be white and all the caddies will be black.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/03/sports/golf/from-a-symbol-of-segregation-to-a-victim-of-golfs-success.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Will it be Jason's Day on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

Mark Crossfield is there this year too, looks like he's a 7 y/o visiting Disney for the first time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pile_of_eggs

Cannot wait for the Masters :D Hoping Rory fails to be honest! Hate how much Sky are bigging him up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Cannot wait for the Masters :D Hoping Rory fails to be honest! Hate how much Sky are bigging him up
    hope he wins, not his fault sky go overboard about him

• Advertisement

Hope he wins too. Be Magic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Oh please just start already! Spieth is my pick for the week, would like to see Rory do the business though. Dream scenario of course would be Harrington bagging his fourth major.

Marc Leishman (Australia, OWGR 58) out, wife ill. Was scheduled to play with Woosie and Erik Compton.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/leishman-wds-masters-ill-wife-recovers/

coylemj wrote: »
    Marc Leishman (Australia, OWGR 58) out, wife ill. Was scheduled to play with Woosie and Erik Compton.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/leishman-wds-masters-ill-wife-recovers/

It's silly they don't have a couple of alternates.

It's silly they don't have a couple of alternates.

+1 They could go down the OWGR rankings from Monday last week, would be fair and nobody would begrudge them a go. Empty slots on the tees is crazy.

Marc Warren (51) and Harris English (53) would be in - Jason Dufner (52) already invited.

Guys, just in case you missed it, bit on BBC tonite, off to set it to record before I forget...

Rory McIlroy: The Masters, 23:35-00:05, BBC Two NI

slave1 wrote: »
    Guys, just in case you missed it, bit on BBC tonite, off to set it to record before I forget...

Rory McIlroy: The Masters, 23:35-00:05, BBC Two NI

There's two programs, you have listed both of them in the same time slot in your earlier post and if you've set your DVR as above you will miss the Rory interview.

For clarification, Stephen ('Winker') Watson (BBC NI sports) interviews Rory from 23:20 to 23:35 (BBC2 NI only) following which there is Golf: The Masters which is the BBC preview hosted by Hazel Irvine, this runs from 23:35 to 00:05 on BBC2 NI.

On BBC2 HD there is the Masters preview (no Rory interview) from 23:20 to 23:50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Dream scenario of course would be Harrington bagging his fourth major.
    I would settle for a five man playoff :pac:
    Darren Clarke, Shane Lowry, Padraig Harrington, Graeme McDowell, Rory McIlroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

DJ

He'll be in with a sniff I think :)

ahhhhh Kirsty.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Kirsty is looking unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

diomed wrote: »
    I would settle for a five man playoff :pac:
    Darren Clarke, Shane Lowry, Padraig Harrington, Graeme McDowell, Rory McIlroy.

Carlsberg don't do Masters dreams, but if they did...

Anyone else hate the fact that so many golfers genuinely don't want to win the par 3? I enjoy the kids hitting putts and stuff but this craic of purposely missing putts if you're in the lead at the last is silly. Woods just said there he would throw it if he was in the lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

Nice interview just now with Shane, Padraig and Steven Gallagher. Shane and Padraig both seem pretty relaxed and in good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Jack Nicklaus-what a man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

He never lost it! :D

Brilliant from Jack!

Tiger to birdie the 9th to win it ? Nope - you could lay any amount of money that he'll dunk it in the pond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Rikand wrote: »
    Brilliant from Jack!

Tiger to birdie the 9th to win it ? Nope - you could lay any amount of money that he'll dunk it in the pond

Nope... he has already been disqualified...... his daughter tapped in for him.

Rory's caddy. NEIL horan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Rikand wrote: »
    Rory's caddy. NEIL horan

How did that f*ckin priest end up caddying for him :P

Advertisement