Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

km79 wrote: »
    can't believe I'm asking this but here goes.......why was crouch not getting many minutes up until 2 weeks ago ? was it due to bojan? is he likely to play next 2\3 games.....

The problem with getting crouch is... Kane Aguero, Costa, Ings, Sturridge. And prob more strikers who are more likely to score. I do like his two games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

Deco99 wrote: »
    The problem with getting crouch is... Kane Aguero, Costa, Ings, Sturridge. And prob more strikers who are more likely to score. I do like his two games though.

yes indeed
    have Kane aguero
    won't be getting Costa till 28 if its a double
    sturridge is a possibility ........
    I'm really looking at next 2 games only ......pelle could stay yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Probably bank the transfer this game week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

yes indeed
    have Kane aguero

I've got way too many other problem areas but if you're looking at stoke, moses maybe? Walters is currently yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Lads, any of ye reckon Hull citys defenders a worth a punt for the next 6/7 weeks? They have some very favourable fixtures for that period and look a bit more solid in the last 2 gw's. With a lot of people having to move on Wisdom of WBA for seemingly being out of favour under pulis, someone like Bruce at 3.9 could surley come into the reckoning?? what ye think?

I do now. Bruce in for Wisdom is a very real possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

yes indeed
    have Kane aguero

Personally I'd be moving him on regardless of the fixtures! Has shown no signs of scoring in the last couple of matches. His confidence has dropped and I wouldn't be surprised to see Long lead the line now (if he isn't injured)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

G1032 wrote: »
    I do now. Bruce in for Wisdom is a very real possibility.

I'd be all for this but the problem is that the week I'd really need that 5th mid to start is Gw27 where Hull have probably their least likely clean sheet in the next 4 away to Stoke. My existing Defs give me good options the rest of the time.

If your going for a 4th def and depending on how your defence is fixed for 27 Bruce is a great option.

If I do get rid of Baird ahead of 27 it would probably be for a hit and I'd probably go for Cameron or Wilson if fit.

Deco99 wrote: »
    I've got way too many other problem areas but if you're looking at stoke, moses maybe? Walters is currently yellow

Yes I may wait another game and then look at maybe Walcott to Moses Pelle to Sturridge
    Only .2 to spare on that though I think ........

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Personally I'd be moving him on regardless of the fixtures! Has shown no signs of scoring in the last couple of matches. His confidence has dropped and I wouldn't be surprised to see Long lead the line now (if he isn't injured)

Long is injured
    Pelle desperately needs a goal alright
    His 2 "attempts" weds night were woeful

FHFC wrote: »
    I'd be all for this but the problem is that the week I'd really need that 5th mid to start is Gw27 where Hull have probably their least likely clean sheet in the next 4 away to Stoke. My existing Defs give me good options the rest of the time.

If your going for a 4th def and depending on how your defence is fixed for 27 Bruce is a great option.

If I do get rid of Baird ahead of 27 it would probably be for a hit and I'd probably go for Cameron or Wilson if fit.

For GW27 I'm looking for a defender who'll play, who isn't at a premium price and who I won't have to transfer our post GW27 (baring injuries).

The cheaper the better though because with the likes of Bruce I can have the flexibility to bring in Yaya if I do desire.

I'll already have Terry, Hazard and Kane on the bench (if I don't sell Terry) with Albrighton and Wisdom as two non playing subs. I'm not going to bother moving Albrighton on because it'll probably involve a hit that I'd be certain I'd never recover. I'll go with 10 players and have a little itb for a rainy day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Long is injured
    Pelle desperately needs a goal alright
    His 2 "attempts" weds night were woeful

So Pelle will continue to start - still though there are far better options leading the line

Although I moved Kane on two GW's back for Dwight Gayle so I'm also in a bad situation

• Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

How serious are the injuries to

Sanchez
    Aguero
    Walters?

75% chance on the site for all, but anyone got any further information on them?

Need some serious regigging if so

• Registered Users Posts: 20,351 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Aguero had a tweet up there that he's 100%. He just fancied an early shower the last day as they had the job done

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Need a replacement for AJ. Nothing in the bank. Any suggestions? Walters looks most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    Need a replacement for AJ. Nothing in the bank. Any suggestions? Walters looks most likely.

Or Gil of Aston Villa, he may have more to aim at up top if Villa go back to 442 as rumours suggest they will.5.0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 sizing europe

could go for someone like jordan ibe 4.4 and use money elsewhere?

could go for someone like jordan ibe 4.4 and use money elsewhere?

I need someone who starts every game.

I need someone who starts every game.

Colback - 4.9m - 3 goals, 3 assists, and 7 bonus in his last 8 matches.

Ki - 4.9m 4 goals, 1 assist and 12 bonus this season.

Puncheon 5.6m - Due another big haul soon :-)

All nailed on for 90 minutes I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

G1032 wrote: »

Puncheon 5.6m - Due another big haul soon :-)

All nailed on for 90 minutes I'd say.

As a Puncheon owner, him starting on the bench in the cup game is a bit of a worry though.

As a Puncheon owner, him starting on the bench in the cup game is a bit of a worry though.

I own him too and I'll probably sell him for Yaya but I wouldn't be a bit worried about him on the bench today. He didn't start in the last round of the cup either but plays 90 in all the league games. Pardew wants him fresh for the league matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,351 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

With Timmy Sherwood as new manager of Villa. Is it time to load up on Villa attackers and dump all their defenders ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Rikand wrote:
    With Timmy Sherwood as new manager of Villa. Is it time to load up on Villa attackers and dump all their defenders ? 

i I doubt it. he will want to tighten up his defence. cant see what he will do to change dem

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭CSF

i I doubt it. he will want to tighten up his defence. cant see what he will do to change dem
    There are some good players there, in an attacking system the likes of Sinclair, Gil and Benteke could very well be good for a few FF points.

CSF wrote: »
    There are some good players there, in an attacking system the likes of Sinclair, Gil and Benteke could very well be good for a few FF points.

Will definitely be keeping an eye on Gil as a possible Puncheon replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Will definitely be keeping an eye on Gil as a possible Puncheon replacement.
    Honestly, I think Sinclair might be the one. This Villa team will be fast and direct.

CSF wrote: »
    Honestly, I think Sinclair might be the one. This Villa team will be fast and direct.

Cheers that could be a great shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

Byr bye utd players for season.

Jones and ADM are gone yoshida to partner gardos who was a wild card gem for me and Yaya in.

Does someone know how many transfers Yaya has already got?

The Villa defence isn't their problem. The attack is. Sherwood plays attacking football with very few clean sheets as he showed at Spurs last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

LucidLife wrote: »
    Byr bye utd players for season.

Jones and ADM are gone yoshida to partner gardos who was a wild card gem for me and Yaya in.

Does someone know how many transfers Yaya has already got?

Chances are you will only get 1 more game out of Gardos and yoshida as bertrand and alderweireld return. You will then be down two players for gw 27 to go with any Chelsea and Spurs lads you have.

• Advertisement

Olsson is listed at 75% likely to play for West Brom. I assume he's been injured all season.
    Who will lose their place in defence when he returns? iirc he used to play alongside McAuley in the centre??

McAuley or Dawson are the two I'm looking at for a Wisdom replacement. Are either of their places under threat if Olsson returns?

Advertisement