Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

So UFC 187 went on sale yesterday, ticket prices seemed to range from $130ish up to $1050.

I'd expect similar prices for 189. Interestingly, there are tons of tickets still available for that event this morning. I'd say more than 50% still there.

Available seats in blue.
    340924.png

• Registered Users Posts: 39,113 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DrPhilG wrote: »
    That sucks. I was looking forward to 2 events.

I'd do the Invicta card on Friday, but my friend is anti WMMA!

I'm happier about the Invicta card. A friend of mine is potentially fighting on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Is there a newsletter sale for 187 then today?

I signed up for it ages ago but have yet to receive a single mail or password for this sale, just looking ahead for how its gonna play out for 189

Yeah newsletter sale today, general sale tomorrow.

Scoured both mail accounts I have registered, not a newsletter in either one :mad:
    Did any of ye get it?

Found the password "SOUND" on an LA radio station site,think it might be tkts allocated to this version of a radio station presale only
    Im in on it now just checking it out....selecting seats in any price range keeps on tellin me no seats are available or throwing up errors but doing it on the mobile offers me seats alright

As mentioned above about yesterday, for the first few mins I could select seats from that same map but then it was removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Scoured both mail accounts I have registered, not a newsletter in either one :mad:
    Did any of ye get it?

Found the password "SOUND" on an LA radio station site,think it might be tkts allocated to this version of a radio station presale only
    Im in on it now just checking it out....selecting seats in any price range keeps on tellin me no seats are available or throwing up errors but doing it on the mobile offers me seats alright

As mentioned above about yesterday, for the first few mins I could select seats from that same map but then it was removed.

Received this about an hour ago. Password looks like OCTAGON

BeepBeep! wrote: »
    Received this about an hour ago. Password looks like OCTAGON

Thanks man, UFCRADIO seems to be another password that works, saw it on Twitter....strange the way none work on laptop but all do on mobile, will remember that when 189 sale comes around

I wonder how many Irish are actually heading over?

The July flight price will have knocked a few out I'm sure.

People keep saying there will be thousands heading over, but how many actually have flights, hotels with booked?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I wonder how many Irish are actually heading over?

The July flight price will have knocked a few out I'm sure.

People keep saying there will be thousands heading over, but how many actually have flights, hotels with booked?

That's the thing. There's been a ton of people tagged in travel agency posts on Facebook.

Price of flight, price of ticket and hotel in mid July will really put people off I'd say.

Here's hoping...

• Advertisement

There's alot of those FB travel agent offers floating around alright, saw one advertising fight tickets & hotel for around 500 that had lots of comments underneath but like you say, I think the high flight price might put many off

Still quite healthy on the seat map for the 187 presale ticket round, I'd imagine Jones V Johnson would be a bigger draw than Mcgreggor V Aldo in the US?
    Only thing that the 189 presale might suffer from is the influx of Irish & Brazillians scrambling for tickets....think Im gonna end up going for the $530 option, back of the first tier level

think Im gonna end up going for the $530 option, back of the first tier level

Likewise.

Had $300 seats in the MGM last time, think I'll splash a bit more this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭xtal191

There's alot of those FB travel agent offers floating around alright, saw one advertising fight tickets & hotel for around 500 that had lots of comments underneath but like you say, I think the high flight price might put many off

Still quite healthy on the seat map for the 187 presale ticket round, I'd imagine Jones V Johnson would be a bigger draw than Mcgreggor V Aldo in the US?
    Only thing that the 189 presale might suffer from is the influx of Irish & Brazillians scrambling for tickets....think Im gonna end up going for the $530 option, back of the first tier level

Don't forget the Canadians

xtal191 wrote: »
    Don't forget the Canadians

That's what I was thinking. Canadians are more if a risk than both the Irish and Brazilains combined

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

I'm heading over next Friday for Patrick's week but am looking forward to the July trip a lot more at the moment.

It sounds cliché, but it will definitely be a once in a lifetime experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Likewise.

Had $300 seats in the MGM last time, think I'll splash a bit more this time.

What were they like? Would you have any photos by any chance?

dulux99 wrote: »
    What were they like? Would you have any photos by any chance?

Seats weren't bad. Insane prices no matter where you go but that's to be expected in Vegas. Bear in mind that the equivalent of $300 would get you nearly cageside for a UK event.

I'll try to remember to post some pics later, although I may forget!

Seats weren't bad. Insane prices no matter where you go but that's to be expected in Vegas. Bear in mind that the equivalent of $300 would get you nearly cageside for a UK event.

I'll try to remember to post some pics later, although I may forget!
    Ah ya I know. Was at UFC 93 aswell as the last fight night in Dublin, but I knew there was going to be a massive mark up.

From the looks of it, the MGM seems like the kind of place where there isn't a bad seat in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That sucks. I was looking forward to 2 events.

I'd do the Invicta card on Friday, but my friend is anti WMMA!

Unfortunately my mates are like that too. That said, they're fairly casual MMA fans anyway.

Wouldn't mind going along to it myself. I know they did a discount on tickets for those who had UFC 184 tickets. Might do the same again though I don't fancy having my tickets on me until fight night.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

McGregor gonna get his big mouth shut once and for all by the beast that is Jóse Aldo :P

• Advertisement

Brian2011 wrote: »
    McGregor gonna get his big mouth shut once and for all by the beast that is Jóse Aldo :P

I imagine we are all going to be privy to plenty of these 'educated' opinions over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Git1993

I hope Jose Aldo kicks Conor all over the octagon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Git1993 wrote: »
    I hope Jose Aldo kicks Conor all over the octagon

I hope Conor McGregor kicks Jose all over the octagon.

Duff wrote: »
    I hope Conor McGregor kicks Jose all over the octagon.
    I hope Jose Gregor kicks Octagon all over the Conor McAldo.

I haven't posted here much but I am a fairly big fan of the sport. I love Conor but I have seen a lot of Aldos fights and I really think that Aldo will win. Just wondering from the people who are more knowledgeable about the sport than I am, who do ye think will win?

I know there is a lot of people around lately who weren't into the mma up until the bandwagon started and are saying stuff like Conor will win easily etc but I just think Aldo is immense. So from people who are big into the sport who do ye think will win?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I haven't posted here much but I am a fairly big fan of the sport. I love Conor but I have seen a lot of Aldos fights and I really think that Aldo will win. Just wondering from the people who are more knowledgeable about the sport than I am, who do ye think will win?

I know there is a lot of people around lately who weren't into the mma up until the bandwagon started and are saying stuff like Conor will win easily etc but I just think Aldo is immense. So from people who are big into the sport who do ye think will win?

Conor, i have no doubt and i've been following the sport for years, i don't think Jose has fought anyone who hits like Conor, who is as unorthodox as Conor, who has the self belief of Conor.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Conor, i have no doubt and i've been following the sport for years, i don't think Jose has fought anyone who hits like Conor, who is as unorthodox as Conor, who has the self belief of Conor.

I really hope he does win and if I had the money I would be going to the fight but I just have a bad feeling :( . I hope you're right. I really think Conor is doing Ireland proud and is by far my favorite Irish sports person at the moment.

Will be an amazing fight for sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I genuinely think McGregor will win. I think Aldo has stagnated since coming into the UFC and Conor seems to possess power that he has never faced. I don't think Aldo will finish McGregor but he could easily win a decision.

Its a very tight fight to call, and I say McGregor will win but in truth we have no clue how McGregor will get on against the level of fighter that Jose is.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I genuinely think McGregor will win. I think Aldo has stagnated since coming into the UFC and Conor seems to possess power that he has never faced. I don't think Aldo will finish McGregor but he could easily win a decision.

Its a very tight fight to call, and I say McGregor will win but in truth we have no clue how McGregor will get on against the level of fighter that Jose is.

That is my thought process as well, I know Mcgregor has fought some good guys but has he ever really fought a top guy. I know the guys he fought were obviously skilled fighters but forgive me if I'm wrong, I dont think any of them were even near Aldos skill level. I saw Fabers legs the day after the fight and they were in bits, those kicks he has are really amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

That is my thought process as well, I know Mcgregor has fought some good guys but has he ever really fought a top guy. I know the guys he fought were obviously skilled fighters but forgive me if I'm wrong, I dont think any of them were even near Aldos skill level. I saw Fabers legs the day after the fight and they were in bits, those kicks he has are really amazing.

But the good guys he has fought he has totally walked through them, which makes me confident

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement