Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

Brian2011 wrote: »
    Aldo will beat McGregor for sure, I mean have you seen the strength and power of this guy's low leg kicks and knee kicks and the way he lunges at his opponent with such precise and powerful punches. McGregor has little chance against this beast in my opinion. McGregor's taekwondo kicks won't work against this guy, hes too fast, he will dodge those kicks with ease and counter with massive power in his punches which are faster and more powerful than McGregor's punches in my view.

At least you have given a reason why you think Aldo will win, a lot of others just spout off that McGregor will get knocked out and leave it at that. For what its worth I disagree with you, I really think Aldo will get a shock (like all the other featherweights) when he feels McGregors power, he'll then go for takedowns which I think McGregor will snuff (his takedown defence to date has been brilliant IMO) and go on to win on points or stoppage.
    This is really last chance saloon for the McGregor haters, if Aldo doesn't beat him who are they going to say will knock out McGregor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

BeepBeep! wrote: »
    At least you have given a reason why you think Aldo will win, a lot of others just spout off that McGregor will get knocked out and leave it at that. For what its worth I disagree with you, I really think Aldo will get a shock (like all the other featherweights) when he feels McGregors power, he'll then go for takedowns which I think McGregor will snuff (his takedown defence to date has been brilliant IMO) and go on to win on points or stoppage.
    This is really last chance saloon for the McGregor haters, if Aldo doesn't beat him who are they going to say will knock out McGregor?

Aldo has under rated offensive wrestling, and if he does decide to wrestle McGregor (a possibility I think), I don't think it's clear cut that McGregor shucks them off easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Doubt it. Not that I've heard of.

Seems to be a lot less actually booking, than planned it.

Alright, thanks a mil :) I wanted to go but none of my mates can afford it. Students. I'm on work placement for the year so I have a bit saved up.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Petermc83

im sure we will find one another in the bar in the MGM..!!!! bring it on!! cant wait! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I'm very anxious to see the next fight announcement. I have a horrible feeling, with such a stacked main and Co main, they'll fill the rest of the card with nothing fights, like ufc 184. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭xtal191

dulux99 wrote: »
    I'm very anxious to see the next fight announcement. I have a horrible feeling, with such a stacked main and Co main, they'll fill the rest of the card with nothing fights, like ufc 184. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I wouldn't worry 185, 186 and 187 all look good. Weidman vs Belfort was also meant to be on 184.

xtal191 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry 185, 186 and 187 all look good. Weidman vs Belfort was also meant to be on 184.

Yeah, that's why I specifically mentioned 184. Great main and Co main, but the rest of the card would barely get on a fight night card usually. I'm just cynical :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Yeah, that's why I specifically mentioned 184. Great main and Co main, but the rest of the card would barely get on a fight night card usually. I'm just cynical :)

The original UFC 184 card was

Weidman v Belfort
    Rousey v Zingano
    Romero v Jacare
    Mir v Bigfoot
    Holm v Pennigton

that with Ellenberger/Koscheck, Jouban/Walsh, Munoz/Carnerio and Means/Lima as Prelims would have been a great card.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    The original UFC 184 card was

Weidman v Belfort
    Rousey v Zingano
    Romero v Jacare
    Mir v Bigfoot
    Holm v Pennigton

that with Ellenberger/Koscheck, Jouban/Walsh, Munoz/Carnerio and Means/Lima as Prelims would have been a great card.

Fair point!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Lads any of ye know the max number of tickets I will be able to purchase in one transaction online for this fight? Will be buying on 25th March presale for Fight Club members. Looking for 10+ tickets and want all of us sitting together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Think max is 6 for Fight Club, 8 in general

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PIMPHO wrote: »
    Lads any of ye know the max number of tickets I will be able to purchase in one transaction online for this fight? Will be buying on 25th March presale for Fight Club members. Looking for 10+ tickets and want all of us sitting together.

You'll be able to buy 6 max per membership, HIGHLY doubtful you'll get 10 together

• Registered Users Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Not a chance. 6 per transaction on presale Afaik. Plus, you'll need a second FC membership to get tickets 6-12, which means a second transaction anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Scooper

Just curious to know is the Fight Club membership worth purchasing, in your opinion? Have you bought tickets for a UFC event pre-sale before using the membership? I'm pretty desperate to get tickets for the fight and worried about losing out in the general sale, so I'm thinking about purchasing the membership. The demand for this UFC event is going to be huge. I can see it being sold out within a few minutes.

Scooper wrote: »
    Just curious to know is the Fight Club membership worth purchasing, in your opinion? Have you bought tickets for a UFC event pre-sale before using the membership? I'm pretty desperate to get tickets for the fight and worried about losing out in the general sale, so I'm thinking about purchasing the membership. The demand for this UFC event is going to be huge. I can see it being sold out within a few minutes.

I think buying the membership goes a long way to getting tickets if you really want them. I know that I wouldn't have gotten tickets for ufc Dublin last year without the membership. It's nearly worth it for the peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Scooper

I think buying the membership goes a long way to getting tickets if you really want them. I know that I wouldn't have gotten tickets for ufc Dublin last year without the membership. It's nearly worth it for the peace of mind.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I've heard mixed reviews about the membership, to be honest. I know there's no guarantee on tickets either way, but some people have said it's a bit of a scam. Because there's only a limited amount available on pre-sale anyway and with so many members trying to get tickets at the exact time they go on sale, it becomes so difficult to actually get them and a lot of members just end up trying to get tickets in the general sale.

The closer it gets though, I'll probably end up chancing the FC membership and hope to get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

Mcgregor has impressed me a lot so far in the UFC.
    But to be honest he is so good at promos he should of went pro wrestling as I think he would get over well and maybe even more so then sheamus over in WWE. I hope he wins but in my head I think Aldo does have some very good good odds to beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,737 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mcgregor has impressed me a lot so far in the UFC.
    But to be honest he is so good at promos he should of went pro wrestling as I think he would get over well and maybe even more so then sheamus over in WWE. I hope he wins but in my head I think Aldo does have some very good good odds to beat him.

Why would mcgregor go to WWE when he has the ability to actually fight and beat the best?
    Maybe he should go the pantomine route of WWE when he retires from real fighting. He's too small to throw those steroid freaks around so maybe he'll play the part of a Irish Don King villan manager type.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Why would mcgregor go to WWE when he has the ability to actually fight and beat the best?
    Maybe he should go the pantomine route of WWE when he retires from real fighting. He's too small to throw those steroid freaks around so maybe he'll play the part of a Irish Don King villan manager type.

No man I mean it because he can cut great unscripted promos by himself.
    Although its a bit to PGish over there atm. Also he could still do well I mean just look at Daniel Bryan and cm punk none of them are that big. Also he would make the scripted fighting seem more legit and entertaining.
    Also wwe has a very script wellness policy nowadays you get suspended the moment you use any kind of steroid or drug.

• Advertisement

No man I mean it because he can cut great unscripted promos by himself.
    Although its a bit to PGish over there atm. Also he could still do well I mean just look at Daniel Bryan and cm punk none of them are that big. Also he would make the scripted fighting seem more legit and entertaining.
    Also wwe has a very script wellness policy nowadays you get suspended the moment you use any kind of steroid or drug.

Lol you can't be serious. WWE is NOT a sport. Those juicing actors cannot be tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Lol you can't be serious. WWE is NOT a sport. Those juicing actors cannot be tested.
    As much as I agreed with your other post about this (apart from the fact he is "too small") this is completely out of line. There is an extremely strict testing regime for wrestlers after the court case in the 90's and a few early deaths from steroid use (they are also extremely stringent on concussions due to the Chris Benoit incident). Also, while wrestling is pre-determined and they train to make the moves as safe as possible, it is still extremely risky and it takes a hell of a toil on the body.

McGregor would do extremely well in WWE but he has a good 8 years (at least) of fighting left. He would make some money in the WWE though and give them good exposure. Just my 2 cents on the matter, I wasn't going to say anything but I couldn't let your statement slide.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    As much as I agreed with your other post about this (apart from the fact he is "too small") this is completely out of line. There is an extremely strict testing regime for wrestlers after the court case in the 90's and a few early deaths from steroid use (they are also extremely stringent on concussions due to the Chris Benoit incident). Also, while wrestling is pre-determined and they train to make the moves as safe as possible, it is still extremely risky and it takes a hell of a toil on the body.

McGregor would do extremely well in WWE but he has a good 8 years (at least) of fighting left. He would make some money in the WWE though and give them good exposure. Just my 2 cents on the matter, I wasn't going to say anything but I couldn't let your statement slide.

Ok maybe I'm wrong here but are you saying that those actors are tested to the same level as real professional athletes?
    ( and yes I understand they train hard and take punishment )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Ok maybe I'm wrong here but are you saying that those actors are tested to the same level as real professional athletes?
    ( and yes I understand they train hard and take punishment )

Well yeah wrestlers nowadays can't even risk taking alcohol if there a schedule the night before (except if your stone cold but he doesn't drink all of it). They have very strict not even one of their top stars randy orton gets off the hook. Heck RVD was just suspended recently for being caught using weed.

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Not really brock lesnar is just a really strong guy to begin with. The wellness policy has become really strict.

Well yeah wrestlers nowadays can't even risk taking alcohol if there a schedule the night before (except if your stone cold but he doesn't drink all of it). They have very strict not even one of their top stars randy orton gets off the hook. Heck RVD was just suspended recently for being caught using weed.

Suspended by who???
    Are they being tested by WWE's own board and being suspended by them too?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Meanwhile, back on topic...

Todd Duffee wants to fight Frank Mir, potentially on July 11th at 189.

That would be a good fight. Opener on the main card maybe.

Suspended by who???
    Are they being tested by WWE's own board and being suspended by them too?

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0530/553054/randy-orton/
    They get tested by WWE talent wellness policy. WWE has a number of doctors and also if they get caught using or buying them via law enforcement.

• Advertisement

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0530/553054/randy-orton/
    They get tested by WWE talent wellness policy. WWE has a number of doctors and also if they get caught using or buying them via law enforcement.

Tested by their own company. Lmao. FFS.
    Anyway, sorry mods. Let's get back to real fighters and athletes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement