Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Ahh shyte.

I have an Ulster Bank ufirst account that gives me 25% off ticketmaster purchases.

With 2 x $300 tickets for 189 and 2 x $150 tickets for Fight Night on the Sunday, I stood to save about €200 on my tickets.

Bloody small print, only valid for events in the UK and Ireland. Hoores.

I was just thinking as I read the first few lines that it might not apply to ticketmaster US. Could probably make a fortune if it did scalping tickets for this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Mellor wrote: »
    Could probably make a fortune if it did scalping tickets for this ;)

You're not allowed to resell the tickets bought under that scheme, although how they would police that I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

dulux99 wrote: »
    Booked flights and accommodation in the mgm just now...Can't wait! If the ufc could wrap aldo and McGregor in cotton wool between now and the fight, I'd really appreciate it

What price you get the deal at ? who did you go through?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Fao anyone who is a regular to Vegas... My fight club membership runs out in June, but obviously I still want to get in to the weigh ins. Are they strictly a member only affair? Is it worth me rejoining for another year?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Fao anyone who is a regular to Vegas... My fight club membership runs out in June, but obviously I still want to get in to the weigh ins. Are they strictly a member only affair? Is it worth me rejoining for another year?

I’ve never seen weigh-ins ticketed in Vegas. Fight Club membership just means you and a friend can get in earlier than the public. Very unlikely that fight club members would fill the weigh in venue to capacity so I’d say you should be fine. It’s hard to judge how big demand would be for the weigh-in, worst case you’d just have to start queuing early.

• Advertisement

FC membership gets you Q&A access and early weigh in access.

Not sure when the barcode page for the Q&A will be available though, possibly before your membership expires?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Booked flights and accommodation in the mgm just now...Can't wait! If the ufc could wrap aldo and McGregor in cotton wool between now and the fight, I'd really appreciate it

Should have a boardsie meet up. Staying in MGM myself. Should be a bit of a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

FC membership gets you Q&A access and early weigh in access.

Not sure when the barcode page for the Q&A will be available though, possibly before your membership expires?

Normally at most only a week or so before the event. No chance it'll be up a month in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

We got about 6 in off the one code the last time in vegas, they gave fight club members first entry but then just let everyone in. I didn't think they were expecting such a crowd for the weigh in so I'd say it'll be the same again...the room is enormous though in the MGM so loads of space for fans

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Delighted with the addition of the WW title fight...I'd say they'll do they're best to make it a seriously stacked card!! I see gunni is trying to get on it and I'm assuming/praying that we'll get at least 1 other Irish fighter on it....preferably paddy or seery or even Duffy depending on his debut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I very much doubt they are looking to put more Irish on it, I'd say it would be more a coincidence, UFC have to fill a few euro cards this year.

Gonna book flights in a couple of weeks hopefully, is it easy to get int fight week passes? Are they on sale already?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

http://www.ufcfightclub.com/presales

Fight Club sale confirmed as 25th March 6pm Irish time, cracking cos I'll have no access to any internet on that day due to a flight

What would be the normal plan then, newsletter code sale on the Thurs & general on the Friday?

Feck sake, that's bloody early.

Only 1 payday between now and then.

Balls.

WED, MAR 25 - FC
    THU, MAR 26 - Newsletter
    FRI, MAR 27 - General Sale

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

Where would you be watching from for a ticket approx 200 euro on the attached seating map of the MGM?

any info out there of prices for certain seats?

Believe 99% of seats have a decent view in MGM, I'd be happy taking any seat. Pity the dollar is so **** at the moment, would push it a bit more.
    Sat 3 rows from back in Mandalay bay at a boxing match before and I was happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

You'll get a decent view from anywhere. Only holds 10,000 so It'd be similar to the o2.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    You'll get a decent view from anywhere. Only holds 10,000 so It'd be similar to the o2.

Pretty sure it's closer to 13k.

Pretty sure it's closer to 13k.

UFC 182 was 11,500, but you get the idea anyway.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    UFC 182 was 11,500, but you get the idea anyway.

Lol, we split the difference then.

• Advertisement

What's the allocation for Fight Club / Newsletter sales like?
    Decent seats or would you be nearly better off waiting for the general....have seen mention of the former being "frustrating"?
    Willing to pay about $400 but will go to $500 if means getting into what is the pink section on the seat map above, have heard of the front rows in the upper tiers being about $300/350
    Only thing I'd worry about the pink section is the bars of the cage blocking view

Found this online for a recent fight there, would imagine a similar price structure

Tickets for UFC® 178: JONES vs. GUSTAFSSON 2 go on sale Friday, Aug. 1 at 10 a.m. PT and are priced at $1,000, $750, $500, $300, $200, and $100, not including applicable service charges.

After Rory McDonald getting added the Canadians will travel down. I'd take what you can get ticket wise.

$500 won't get you pink section IMO.

Vegas events are crazy expensive. And the UFC will milk this for the big show that it is.

Most people I know in FC are expecting tickets to range from $125 to $1200 plus fees.

I was at the MGM for UFC 116 and sat in around section 201, (cant remember the section but going by that map I'd say roughly 201) and it cost me $300 plus fees.

I'd say to get into the pink seats you'll be talking about $700+

And as TimRiggins said, I'll be taking the first pair of tickets I find. No way I'm risking throwing seats back. The guy I'm going with is 6'5" and will want some leg room or an aisle seat, but tough luck. We'll take what we get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Vegas events are crazy expensive. And the UFC will milk this for the big show that it is.

Most people I know in FC are expecting tickets to range from $125 to $1200 plus fees.

I was at the MGM for UFC 116 and sat in around section 201, (cant remember the section but going by that map I'd say roughly 201) and it cost me $300 plus fees.

you still in FC? I left after a good few years, the Frenchie problem was the final straw

scudzilla wrote: »
    you still in FC? I left after a good few years, the Frenchie problem was the final straw

Only renewed last year because of Fight Night Dublin.

Frenchie problem? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

As a fight club member, am I right in saying I should have no problem getting tickets? I'm quite nervous about it!

Did some research into it after my post last night, found this Trip Advisor thread which mentioned "Section 21, row R for $524.15 each" for GSP V Hendricks at UFC 167

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k6964648-MGM_Grand_Garden_Arena_seating_UFC_167-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Can I use a friend of mines fight pass code as he is not traveling??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

For anybody heading, will you be attending the fans' Expo also?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement