Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

JokerD wrote: »
    For anybody heading, will you be attending the fans' Expo also?

Probably. $60 for both days. Won't be arsed standing in queues for hours, did that at UFC 100 Expo and it's a shocking waste of time.

If there are interesting Q&As or grappling comps etc I might show up. Usually some good prices on clothes/equipment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

TimRiggins wrote: »
    You'll get a decent view from anywhere. Only holds 10,000 so It'd be similar to the o2.

The last time the UFC sold out the MGM was UFC168 and the attendance was over 15,000.

I'd expect ticket prices to be similar to UFC187

P1 = $1,045.32
    P2 = $794.35
    P3 = $537.15
    P4 = $380.15
    P5 = $222.70
    P6 = $148.45

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

ciano316 wrote: »
    The last time the UFC sold out the MGM was UFC168 and the attendance was over 15,000.

P1 = $1,045.32
    P2 = $794.35
    P3 = $537.15
    P4 = $380.15
    P5 = $222.70
    P6 = $148.45
    Shame there's such a jump up between p4 and p5. Was hoping to pay about 300 quid for a ticket but I think 380 is just a bit out of my price range.

P5 should probably relatively decent seats anyway

Aldo/Mcgregor tickets go on sale
    March 25th to fight clubbers.
    March 26th to newsletter presale.
    March 27th to general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Aldo/Mcgregor tickets go on sale
    March 25th to fight clubbers.
    March 26th to newsletter presale.
    March 27th to general sale.

Was already posted above. But no doubt it'll be asked multiple times per week from here.

• Advertisement

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/ufc-168-ticket-sales-approaching-record-territory

Does this article appease anyone? From reading it, I can take from it that the ufc has only truly sold out the MGM twice, for silva v sonnen 2 and silva v weidman 2.

Conor and Rory Mac are relatively big draws but I don't think they're as big as Silva. Although in saying that, those two silva fights won't have had as many fans travelling from abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

P1 = $1,045.32
    P2 = $794.35
    P3 = $537.15
    P4 = $380.15
    P5 = $222.70
    P6 = $148.45

Is there a map of what areas it states are P1/P2 etc? Might of missed it posted previously sorry. Want to check it out in comparison to where we sat for the McGregor vs Porier fight. Seats were great for that and in the upper tier.

dulux99 wrote: »
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/ufc-168-ticket-sales-approaching-record-territory

Does this article appease anyone? From reading it, I can take from it that the ufc has only truly sold out the MGM twice, for silva v sonnen 2 and silva v weidman 2.

Not really.
    Some of the seating differences could be down to difference seat arrangements, but even if the MGM doesn't regularly sell out, its much more likely to be the $500 tickets left over than the $150 tickets.

If somebody is planning on spending $500-$800 then they won;t find it difficult to get a ticket.

Also, look at the gate amounts for a sold out MGM. This was my point about a stadium show in Ireland. A sold out stadium in Ireland doesn't make a whole lot more on the gate. Maybe 8-10million. extra production costs possibably make the whole thing break even before they even consider PPV.

MarkJD wrote: »
    Is there a map of what areas it states are P1/P2 etc? Might of missed it posted previously sorry. Want to check it out in comparison to where we sat for the McGregor vs Porier fight. Seats were great for that and in the upper tier.

That's the price breakdown just sub the 187 prices in.

UFC-168_00.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

And to top it all off..... The dollar is the strongest it has been against the euro in many a year, hence making the tickets more expensive as we will be buying from ticketmaster.com and not ticketmaster.ie.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS I TELLS YA!!!!!

• Advertisement

And to top it all off..... The dollar is the strongest it has been against the euro in many a year, hence making the tickets more expensive as we will be buying from ticketmaster.com and not ticketmaster.ie.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS I TELLS YA!!!!!

All the Greeks fault. Hopefully that's sorted out in the next month and see the euro improve.

All the Greeks fault. Hopefully that's sorted out in the next month and see the euro improve.

It's strong verses the AUD also, its not just that the Euro is weak (although thats not helping)

Since tickets are on sale March 25th, there'll be a flood of fight announcements in the next few weeks. Wouldn't be surprised to see Alex Gustaffson added to the card, considering its "international fight week", maybe against the likes of Glover Texeira.

Hopefully we get a card similar to the Jones/Johnson one.

Since tickets are on sale March 25th, there'll be a flood of fight announcements in the next few weeks.
    Full card doesn’t need to be is announced for the tickets to go on sale. Seeing at its over 3 months later, I’d expect them to keep a few spots free for a while.

Mellor wrote: »
    Full card doesn’t need to be is announced for the tickets to go on sale. Seeing at its over 3 months later, I’d expect them to keep a few spots free for a while.

I know the full card doesn't, but the ufc always announces an extra two or three fights aswell as the main event. I'd be surprised if the majority of the PPV main card wasn't announced by March 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Since tickets are on sale March 25th, there'll be a flood of fight announcements in the next few weeks. Wouldn't be surprised to see Alex Gustaffson added to the card, considering its "international fight week", maybe against the likes of Glover Texeira.

Hopefully we get a card similar to the Jones/Johnson one.

I see where you're coming from but there's 4 months to go until the fight. Anything could happen between now and then.

In an ideal world I'd like to see Holloway (should he beat Swanson) V Edgar (if he beats Faber) added.

Time may not suit either fighter though it depends on what happens in each fight. Would be pretty cool but that's a pipe dream.

For anyone else who has booked flights & accommodation.. Do you have any sort of contingency plan for if either Aldo or Conor gets injured?.. That would be such a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

For anyone else who has booked flights & accommodation.. Do you have any sort of contingency plan for if either Aldo or Conor gets injured?.. That would be such a disaster.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'm guessing most with non-refundable items will head along another title fight in place on the card too with the amount of injuries that do occur I'm sure people would legislate for that. Those not interested in other fighters and trip is solely based on Conor are just fecked I guess.

But ya wouldn't be good obviously think positively fight is on!!

The event will defo be on and it's in Vegas. Aldo gets injured Conor gets a new opponent. Conor gets injured I have a little 1 minute cry as I drive around the las vegas strip in a limo. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

The event will defo be on and it's in Vegas. Aldo gets injured Conor gets a new opponent. Conor gets injured I have a little 1 minute cry as I drive around the las vegas strip in a limo. :pac:

Conor wouldn't be fighting if Aldo got injured , if he lost then the whole Mcgregor vs Aldo hype train would vanish . Conor would wait for his shot i'd imagine & rightly so. The last thing he'd want is to get lay on by the likes of Nik Lentz for 3 rounds & lose his title shot!

Hoki wrote: »
    Conor wouldn't be fighting if Aldo got injured , if he lost then the whole Mcgregor vs Aldo hype train would vanish . Conor would wait for his shot i'd imagine & rightly so. The last thing he'd want is to get lay on by the likes of Nik Lentz for 3 rounds & lose his title shot!

Conor said already he didn't wanna wait til July to fight that's why he's taken part in the BJJ Euros. He's not waiting that long and going through a full camp without fighting and getting paid on what will still be a huge card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Conor said already he didn't wanna wait til July to fight that's why he's taken part in the BJJ Euros. He's not waiting that long and going through a full camp without fighting and getting paid on what will still be a huge card.

Conor isn't the boss ;)

Here's the price breakdown for UFC 187 which also takes place in MGM Grand.
    P1 = $1,045.32
    P2 = $794.35
    P3 = $537.15
    P4 = $380.15
    P5 = $222.70
    P6 = $148.45

Big jump in price from P5 to P4. A $250-$300 ticket is something myself and my mates would be willing to pay.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Here's the price breakdown for UFC 187 which also takes place in MGM Grand.
    P1 = $1,045.32
    P2 = $794.35
    P3 = $537.15
    P4 = $380.15
    P5 = $222.70
    P6 = $148.45

Big jump in price from P5 to P4. A $250-$300 ticket is something myself and my mates would be willing to pay.

I posted the price breakdown and where it gets ya in the MGM a couple of pages back if ya wanna see what seat your paying for

I posted the price breakdown and where it gets ya in the MGM a couple of pages back if ya wanna see what seat your paying for

Just noticed it there pal. Handy breakdown.

EDIT: Someone over on Fight Club forum mentioned that Invicta will be hosting an event on the Friday night. Would also expect the latest TUF series to be the event on the Sunday after 189.

One hell of a fight weekend.

Just noticed it there pal. Handy breakdown.

EDIT: Someone over on Fight Club forum mentioned that Invicta will be hosting an event on the Friday night. Would also expect the latest TUF series to be the event on the Sunday after 189.

One hell of a fight weekend.

Yeah its a good help for deciding what price to go for. TUF Finale is advertised on the expo website and wIth TUF being announced last night and starting in April looks like its a defo.

Did ya see Dana telling people not to buy the VIP Expo ticket at $2,500 that its a F'n rip off Haha.

UFC 187 pre-sale started today which also takes place in MGM Grand. Was just on the pre-sale page for the event out of curiosity earlier on ahead of 189's pre-sale. At 6pm the interactive map was alive and kicking and you were able to pick and choose your seats.

However, it seemed like most of the areas were shaded out. Either they sold out quickly (doubtful) or those seats are being reserved for newsletter/general sale.

The map was only up for about 6 minutes before they took it down and gave the "best available" option.

Saw absolutely none of the so called "cheap seats" there whatsoever when I went on to the interactive map. Even seats at the very top at the very back were being priced at the 240 dollar mark. Just very strange.

A few giving out on the Fight Club forum about the lack of interactive map and some seats not even being made available from the get go in the pre-sale.

Oh, I was listening to MMAJunkie Radio yesterday and they were saying that there is no event on the Sunday night. It's in Florida for the upcoming TUF Finale which makes geographical sense but still... Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Oh, I was listening to MMAJunkie Radio yesterday and they were saying that there is no event on the Sunday night. It's in Florida for the upcoming TUF Finale which makes geographical sense but still... Oh well.

That sucks. I was looking forward to 2 events.

I'd do the Invicta card on Friday, but my friend is anti WMMA!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement