Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok, what's next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    So I think it should be the Cru...let's vote on it...BG, Anna, Murph?? Is she onboard? I don't think there'll be a problem with changing the club colours to accommodate the newest member will there?! :D

Of course the Cru. They have awesome hoodies!
    While we're voting...can we add in a second vote....'does DG use too many emoticons?' :eek: :o:D

Yes, but pot calling kettle black here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

jeez, Cru will have to open a D3 branch at this rate... too many emoticons, never!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

:)

adrian522 wrote: »
    :)

very witty, Adrian! (trying to avoid use of sarcastic emoticon)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Don't know much about Clonliffe but Cru has a great women's section catering for all levels and you would have lots of peers. Also handy if you're based in town during the day as you can use the track anytime. (When the track is repaired, of course.) And the gym too.

Come on down! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Dubgal72 wrote:
    So I think it should be the Cru...let's vote on it...BG, Anna, Murph?? Is she onboard? I don't think there'll be a problem with changing the club colours to accommodate the newest member will there?!

Oh great, blue suits me really well as it brings out my eyes. Have a love of pink too.
    The race was really great and yes thighs were sore on Monday. Super area to train on. No wonder you like hills.

In saying that just back from what I thought would be 5 easy miles on the seafront. Turned into 3 windy ones and 3 ok but then was less than an hour so changed to hit the hour rather than distance. All gets very tricky trying to make even numbers and still failed as 6.43 miles in 1.01.01!

Murph_D wrote:
    Don't know much about Clonliffe but Cru has a great women's section catering for all levels and you would have lots of peers. Also handy if you're based in town during the day as you can use the track anytime. (When the track is repaired, of course.) And the gym too.

Oh can you? That's handy. What's the weekly update on the track? Didn't know there was a gym too. No chance of a pool and I'd be flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

aquinn wrote: »
    Oh great, blue suits me really well as it brings out my eyes. Have a love of pink too.
    The race was really great and yes thighs were sore on Monday. Super area to train on. No wonder you like hills.

In saying that just back from what I thought would be 5 easy miles on the seafront. Turned into 3 windy ones and 3 ok but then was less than an hour so changed to hit the hour rather than distance. All gets very tricky trying to make even numbers and still failed as 6.43 miles in 1.01.01!

Just back from 6.43 miles myself!!! (6:04:00 for me)

Had a lovely bit of sun for it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Oh can you? That's handy. What's the weekly update on the track? Didn't know there was a gym too. No chance of a pool and I'd be flying.

Won't be holding my breath on the track. Hopefully done by end of summer I'd say. The day I joined was actually the final session on the track before they tore it up! The gym is compact but it looks pretty decent.

Murph_D wrote: »
    Won't be holding my breath on the track. Hopefully done by end of summer I'd say. The day I joined was actually the final session on the track before they tore it up! The gym is compact but it looks pretty decent.

and who needs a pool, isn't the Liffey right there...?

• Advertisement

annapr wrote:
    and who needs a pool, isn't the Liffey right there...?

You first. I promise to follow.

04/05-10/05 No BC, Burger 3 mile recovery run in 30.16 BC with Brian Ankers. Good session. Weather ok. Pulling tyres etc. Headed out for 5 miles easy along the seafront. Did 6.43 in 1.01.01. Ok run. First few miles quicker than easy pace. Rain and hill sprints with FD. 8 sprints with easy warm up and Cooldown Over 12m with Annapr along Royal Canal. Lovely morning and time flew by with company. Watch a few issues, end user error Rest

Oh how exciting, a table.
    Did a trial run of having wine on Sat night and seeing how I was on Sunday to see if possible this weekend before Terenure. I failed so drink off for Sat night.

Ouch! Just back from the physio, such pain inflicted from such a nice person. Have a sore tibia (if that's the word)? Toe hurting for a while, pain then into ankle and sore on inside when using tennis ball. Was fine when running but sore walking/cycling so decided to do something about it rather than risk injury. Another near death cycle experience and bike rage but other than that all is ok.

Ouch! Just back from the physio, such pain inflicted from such a nice person. Have a sore tibia (if that's the word)? Toe hurting for a while, pain then into ankle and sore on inside when using tennis ball. Was fine when running but sore walking/cycling so decided to do something about it rather than risk injury. Another near death cycle experience and bike rage but other than that all is ok.

so are you injured or is it all fine? (referring to the tibia, not the bike rage)

And you really live dangerously on that bike, were you the victim of the bike rage or the instigator?

annapr wrote: »
    so are you injured or is it all fine? (referring to the tibia, not the bike rage)

And you really live dangerously on that bike, were you the victim of the bike rage or the instigator?

I was the innocent one in this. Car broke the lights and very nearly flattened me as a result. Brakes and lungs working fine thankfully and rage easing.

Am told I am and can race on Sunday, hadn't asked if this was an option as was anyway. Might need custom made orthotics, which I really don't want, to support currently inflexible toe. Will see if it starts to ease out. More exercises to stretch out muscle.

I was the innocent one in this. Car broke the lights and very nearly flattened me as a result. Brakes and lungs working fine thankfully and rage easing.

Am told I am and can race on Sunday, hadn't asked if this was an option as was anyway. Might need custom made orthotics, which I really don't want, to support currently inflexible toe. Will see if it starts to ease out. More exercises to stretch out muscle.

Jayzis, not a good way to start the day, glad you're ok. Never fails to amaze me how many cars do that during morning rush hour especially.

will the orthotics make you faster ;) ?

Oh all this happened on lunch.

Hadn't thought about faster but doubt it. It's not hurting when I run as using outside of foot but when walking as slower am more reliant on toe. Was more worried about fashion and shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Hadn't thought about faster but doubt it. It's not hurting when I run as using outside of foot but when walking as slower am more reliant on toe. Was more worried about fashion and shoes.[/QUOTE]

:D:D:D

glad you're ok after your near miss, shocking the number of motorists that break the lights every single day on my walk to the office grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Hadn't thought about faster but doubt it. It's not hurting when I run as using outside of foot but when walking as slower am more reliant on toe. Was more worried about fashion and shoes.

That's an eventful lunch break! Glad you're ok. And happy to hear your have your priorities right - fashion first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Glad you're ok! Chuckling reading all the above (not the hurty bits obviously...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Just read all your log, admire your ability to fit in running and bootcamp AND cycling and was there some mention of sailing as well? :eek:

The amount of cars that seem intent on knocking people off bikes is amazing! Twice this morning, I saw cyclists nearly wiped out by cars cutting across them without looking or indicating - you'd sure want to have your wits about you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Near misses always give me 2 minutes of wobbly leg fear at what might have happened and then a half hour of sheer rage. Glad all ok. Hope the foot is alright too. Is there a short term treatment plan to see if it responds first?

Firedance wrote: »

Hadn't thought about faster but doubt it. It's not hurting when I run as using outside of foot but when walking as slower am more reliant on toe. Was more worried about fashion and shoes.[/QUOTE]

:D:D:D

glad you're ok after your near miss, shocking the number of motorists that break the lights every single day on my walk to the office grrrr

I'm grand, the anger has abated and all is well again.
    Bungy Girl wrote: »
    That's an eventful lunch break! Glad you're ok. And happy to hear your have your priorities right - fashion first :D

I've a lot of shoes so wouldn't like to be limited.
    Glad you're ok! Chuckling reading all the above (not the hurty bits obviously...)

I'm grand, an inflexible toe is hardly the end of running but the pain it causes up my leg, ouch!
    spaceylou wrote: »
    Just read all your log, admire your ability to fit in running and bootcamp AND cycling and was there some mention of sailing as well? :eek:

The amount of cars that seem intent on knocking people off bikes is amazing! Twice this morning, I saw cyclists nearly wiped out by cars cutting across them without looking or indicating - you'd sure want to have your wits about you!

Heya, oh yes. Still have to beat myself into a wetsuit and then try the dinghy sailing so diet is back on ;)
    laura_ac3 wrote: »
    Near misses always give me 2 minutes of wobbly leg fear at what might have happened and then a half hour of sheer rage. Glad all ok. Hope the foot is alright too. Is there a short term treatment plan to see if it responds first?

Oh yes, once you realise you are ok then the rage kicks in and lasts longer. Just can't get over the stupidity. I know cyclists are fairly impatient at times and do things they shouldn't but some of the motorists.

11/05-17/05 Felt sick all day so no lunchtime run. BC with James, eeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Sucide runs as part of it. Tough going as humid breeze and gales. Not a great sleep Felt sick again. Discovered reason was gone off Pharmaton. 4.18mio in 38:25. V windy with gales, lunchtime run. Crap sleep Physio over foot issues. Should have mentioned back as tender but didn't. Lovely evening for BC. Tough warm up with John S. Good session of partner exercsises and sprinting on hill and flat. Slept like the dead, finally. 4.22mio in 38:20. Nice lunchtime run. Weather looked much worse and it was grand. Day 4 of lunch salads. Dinner steak and wine. Back tender. S*it sleep, wrecked. Peeled myself off bed. Looks like 2 day taper too as legs heavy on lunchtime walk. Over indulgence of sweets had me walking in the rain. Putting all this in table for fear of the S word. Motivation low and actually nervous over Sunday which isn't like me. V busy day tomorrow too. 4 parties to attend Who knows but will have a new tshirt anyway
    Summary - tired and cranky

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Best of luck tomorrow A!

adrian522 wrote:
    Best of luck tomorrow A!

Thank you. Heading to second party now. Not pre-hydrated at all. See you tomorrow.

How quickly the days goes when you are off being amazing at the far side of the city.

Unofficial time of 36.23 as bib getting investigated as wasn't registering run.

1 7:08.9 1.00 7:09
    2 7:18.2 1.00 7:18
    3 7:18.9 1.00 7:19
    4 7:11.6 1.00 7:12
    5 7:18.5 1.00 7:19

A great race, really good. Super route. Warmer than expected so didn't need run sleeves. Super also to have name on bib so randomers can cheer you, again not as useful having name on back of t shirt as good as it looks. :P

Wasn't as windy as expected and it was nice to turn into it. Kept an eye on pace as wanted to be no slower than 7.30 min mile. Started to feel sick at mile 3 as woke exhausted and after breakfast had jellies to keep me going, again not so smart on this one. Also again the realisation that I am fit and able but would be better without those additional few pounds so again they have to go.

Great to have FD and Adrian on the route shouting. I found the finish the toughest, felt long and hard listening to the finish but not seeing it. Delighted to see the end. Dry retching at the finish so I definitely pushed at the end. Think I could have done so earlier but was left exposed from groups so kept going to catch up with next lot.

Super to see everyone and well done to all. Great to be able to walk back and see Anna and Laura finish and both strong.

Thanks for the lift this morning, A, great fun start to finish.

annapr wrote:
    Thanks for the lift this morning, A, great fun start to finish.

A pleasure and well done. Thanks also for additional tshirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Well done missus, you really are flying. Deadly splits too. Lovely to see you as always, sorry I got hustled away :(

Advertisement