Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok, what's next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Firedance wrote: »
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D:D hope you have a super day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxOviBI-8fc

Ah here my log is :P

Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Did someone say birthday??? Happy birthday A!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Aw happy birthday A, you better be having a great day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Did I miss the party?!? Happy birthday!!!

Oops. Just realised I'm a day late! Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Belated good wishes. Still doing the Wings For Life thing? If so, best of luck today!

• Advertisement

Murph_D wrote:
    Belated good wishes. Still doing the Wings For Life thing? If so, best of luck today!

Morning,
    Yes having my porridge now for the run.
    I hadn't expected to wake up to sunshine after yesterday. No idea how far I'll get but for fun and something different.

Thanks all for the Birthday wishes.

they'll probably catch you in Wexford!! good luck with it!

annapr wrote:
    they'll probably catch you in Wexford!! good luck with it!

Hilarious but I think not Anna. 6 hilly miles to start apparently and so doing this to run off box of roses I've consumed and all the cake. Jesus actually I better run fast at that rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

aquinn wrote: »
    Hilarious but I think not Anna. 6 hilly miles to start apparently and so doing this to run off box of roses I've consumed and all the cake. Jesus actually I better run fast at that rate.

Just watched a live feed of this on setanta, winner ran 79.9km! Same guy that won last year. Exciting watching Italy. Germany, Austria & Chile compete for it. How did you get on? Hope it was fun anyway :)

She kicked ass of course! :D

• Advertisement

annapr wrote: »
    She kicked ass of course! :D

No doubt about that!!

This was great. After the rain yesterday I really didn't see myself doing this but went and collected my pack anyway.

Up for porridge, a nice lie in till nearly 9 and still with no panicking and stressing with the Dart I was there an hour early so BG is rubbing off on me.

Pottered about not doing a whole lot with this time. Lined up and spotted MarthaStew just before the off and it was great to see her. In flying form of course. Left her to find a friend about 2 km and kept up her spirit of thanking the crowds that clapped as we passed.

The route as we started was super, I wouldn't know the area too well so it was nice to run somewhere new. One testy enough hill and a very fast decline which I took it very easy on as was afraid of collapsing. Others didn't have this fear and flew by. Bit of craic on the way with randomers running and cheering. I couldn't believe how quickly we made Bray. I'd to ask a Gardai were we actually in Bray. I walked at water stops as needed fluid on board and took an orange segment each time which was great. Bray is big enough and as we were leaving it the chaser car was arriving. The long hill out of Bray and the smell of chips on the seafront had me feeling a bit sick and done.
    My aim today, other than enjoying it, was to reach 10 miles. At the near 10 mile mark I was wishing for the chaser car as I started to walk. This was the start of a very long incline. Some super lady at the top told us we'd only 3 more lampposts and then we've made it. Once at the top everyone flew down as we knew the car was close. It still took an age to come but I was having a great time going down hill. It got me just at Greystones, we'd entered the town lands anyway so I'm saying I ran to Greystones. About 17-18km mark. Am not sure. Journey back a bit random as we were supposed to get the bus back to Dun L but the bus brought us to the Dart which then took us to Dun L and then a walk back to bag to walk back to Dart and then another walk from Dart to Bus and Bus to home so 10000 steps achieved too.
    I really enjoyed this but will definitely be sore tomorrow.

Elevation Gain: 250 m
    Elevation Loss: 216 m
    Min Elevation: 5 m
    Max Elevation: 129 m

Time: 1:46:03
    Moving Time: 1:45:49
    Elapsed Time: 1:46:03
    Avg Pace: 8:42 min/mi
    Avg Moving Pace: 8:41 min/mi
    Best Pace: 6:14 min/mi

Avg Pace
    Summary 1:46:03.5 12.18 8:42
    1 8:32.4 1.00 8:33
    2 8:14.3 1.00 8:14
    3 8:49.4 1.00 8:50
    4 8:11.3 1.00 8:11
    5 8:04.8 1.00 8:05
    6 8:44.6 1.00 8:45
    7 8:06.4 1.00 8:07
    8 8:31.0 1.00 8:31
    9 8:55.6 1.00 8:56
    10 10:07.3 1.00 10:08
    11 10:41.9 1.00 10:42
    12 7:22.1 1.00 7:22
    13 1:42.6 0.18 9:17

so basically, you kicked ass :-) I have serious pace envy looking at those stats! well done, sounds like great fun, a boards group event for next year??!

That's a seriously hilly course!! I'm feeling like a wimp now for complaining about hills. You kept up a great pace... Must be nearly your half marathon pace from last year? Well done again!!!!

The planes trains and automobiles to get back would have done my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Well done AQ! That's some pace you kept up. Glad my pathological earliness is rubbing off, you'll never be late for anything ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Well done! Sounds like a great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Good running AQ!

Myself and my 6yo daughter were cheering y'all on, just before the 10km mark outside Shanganagh Park (between Shankill and Bray). There was another family there, three almost identical looking boys getting lots of high-fives from the runners.

It looked like a great event, most runners were totally relaxed and joking. Even when the catcher-car inevitably came, all runners took it in good spirits. Some simply kept going :)

I was seriously regretting not running it myself, as it came right through my backyard (alas, too soon after Conn) - good thing I didn't bring the runners!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Sounds like you really enjoyed it, nice times there as well!

Sounds like you really enjoyed it, nice times there as well!

I have to say it was great, tough but great. Thank you. I ran by feel rather than hitting a pace.

so basically, you kicked ass :-) I have serious pace envy looking at those stats! well done, sounds like great fun, a boards group event for next year??!
    Only doing a group event if we get the boards kit! Preregistration already open.

That's a seriously hilly course!! I'm feeling like a wimp now for complaining about hills. You kept up a great pace... Must be nearly your half marathon pace from last year? Well done again!!!!

Lots of turning in bed due to sore back. We'll have to train more on the Southside as no hills like that around here.

Well done AQ! That's some pace you kept up. Glad my pathological earliness is rubbing off, you'll never be late for anything ever

I know early? Mad.

Well done! Sounds like a great race.

Thank you. A great new experience.

Good running AQ!

The support on the route was great and everyone so relaxed too which is a first. Great fun.

Turns out I did 19.64km. Really delighted and just read Dublin was the 3rd toughest course.

So my absence as been noted, better update as a result. I've been posting but avoiding my log. Motivation was lacking TBH just very blah of late.

Monday after the Wings for Life was a rest day and a burger rather than going to BC as was kindly advised I was walking like Granny as was getting stiffer.

Tuesday evening involved a lovely 3 mile recovery run in 30.16, this helped ease out aches and let me finally sleep and not wake up sore and having to attempt turning.

Weekly mileage is still slow and not really increasing. For March weekly mileage peaked at 30 miles a week and that's not including two BC sessions. Mostly hitting 20 miles a week so nothing spectacular so another reason not to bore you all.

I did do my first ROK training cycle two weeks ago and two days after an 11 mile run which was great. Howth has some hill to climb but I did it and actually found it ok. Was advised to do this 3 times a week but no chance.

Birthday 'celebrations' meant I didn't really bother running last week except for two lunchtime runs so had a 5 day taper before Wings for life. Did I mention I was the 56th Female :). Actually once I noticed this and my distance I was more annoyed at not making HM distance but at the time I was willing the car to arrive so back to being happy with what I did achieve.

Took a 1.5 week break from BC and went back last night and got on well. Still considering joining or visiting a club once BC is finished.

• Advertisement

I'm going to ask the stooopid question... what's ROK training?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Ring of Kerry, some class of cycling thing that happens when people aren't out running like God intended. Cross training I guess you'd call it.

annapr wrote: »
    I'm going to ask the stooopid question... what's ROK training?

its the kind of training that belongs over the dark side thread...cycling! :D

But cycling is fantastic? Yes Ring of Kerry and now my friend, after a panicky few days of getting a spot, can't make it.
    Serious cross training, 180km around Kerry. Disgusted though as an additional €33 for the top. You all know that's my prize and reward in life. FFS not even included in €85.

Oh and v curious as to when and who is hosting the novice thread as it should start soon?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

aquinn wrote: »
    But cycling is fantastic? Yes Ring of Kerry and now my friend, after a panicky few days of getting a spot, can't make it.
    Serious cross training, 180km around Kerry. Disgusted though as an additional €33 for the top. You all know that's my prize and reward in life. FFS not even included in €85.

Oh and v curious as to when and who is hosting the novice thread as it should start soon?

So you have to pay an additional €33? Is it not just a public road? Yeah, agree cycling is fantastic, great cross training especially if you get decent weather!

adrian522 wrote: »
    So you have to pay an additional €33? Is it not just a public road? Yeah, agree cycling is fantastic, great cross training especially if you get decent weather!

Yes, isn't that shocking. €33 like?

I know its great but imagine if into the wind all day, not as much fun.

Hope you get a good day for it anyway.

What club are you thinking of joining? I think it would bring your running on loads.

Yes, me too! :)

Well I was leaning towards Clonliffe, as didn't actually know it was there until recently and so close, but then I know more from Crusaders as it turns out so will see what times are like in both. Unfortunately neither singlet will suit me :P, the colours are all wrong for me :D

Just catching up here too, log backlog is never less than 30 these days :eek: Jesus H Kerist missus, you gave that some welly didn't you?! Fantastic running, I am intimately acquainted with all those hills and they are NOT kind to the thighs so well done. And all the way to Greystones... :cool:
    I am gutted I forgot all about this race, I would have loved to cheer you on :o Maybe I shouldn't be admitting to this faux pas on a public message board?! :o

So I think it should be the Cru...let's vote on it...BG, Anna, Murph?? Is she onboard? I don't think there'll be a problem with changing the club colours to accommodate the newest member will there?! :D

• Advertisement

While we're voting...can we add in a second vote....'does DG use too many emoticons?' :eek: :o:D

Advertisement