Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok, what's next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Ososlo wrote: »
    Delighted for ya A!!! Great report. Recover well :)
    ]

Thanks very much, forgot that as you approached and could see the line they had a mat so called out my name so knew then I couldn't puke. It was tough but glad I stuck with it. You were in my head so images of ripping off bib and limping to finish did cross my mind but couldn't. First time I ever had jelly legs.

5.07 miles????
    1 - 7.11
    2 - 7.00
    3 - 7.16
    4 - 7.30
    5 - 7.41
    6 - 6.2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Well done! Glad your nail is OK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Well done! I didn't envy ye running in that heat :-) nice to catch up with everyone, hope you've the feet up!

Firedance wrote:
    Well done! I didn't envy ye running in that heat :-) nice to catch up with everyone, hope you've the feet up!

Of course not. Currently taking photos of ingredients to go shopping and then cooking and baking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Great report, missus, and super running in that heat. I may as well get used to this supporting lark, going to be doing a lot of it over the next couple of months :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Well done - sounds like tough enough course! Hope your back (and legs) are not feeling any ill effects tomorrow! :)

T mins 4 days to ROK? whats your plan for the week :-)

Firedance wrote: »
    T mins 4 days to ROK? whats your plan for the week :-)

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Just did 4 recovery miles on lunch, was lovely. Legs were good yesterday, only a bit tight which was great.

Might do a cycle tonight and Wed but not too far. Few lunchtime runs, nothing too taxing obviously.
    I need to work out a dog sitting plan, really not looking forward to the drive down though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Just catching up on the report A. That's a nice time from Saturday, fair play. Best of luck with the last few days before RoK - hope it goes well. Get us some nice photos :)

good luck tomorrow :D hope the weather stays dry!

• Advertisement

Firedance wrote:
    good luck tomorrow hope the weather stays dry!

Thanks very much. Finally made Killarney anyway and just abandoned car as the heat was awful on way down. Now standing in a lovely breezy car park. Supposed to be windy tomorrow. Got excited on the drive in looking at the scenery and then realised that I could be climbing those tomorrow.

P.S. arms shaking after carrying beer to the car. Needed it after the stinky, hot journey. I may have over purchased.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,081 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Best of luck with the cycle. What time are you starting at?

beertons wrote:
    Best of luck with the cycle. What time are you starting at?

Adjusted time of 6am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Good luck! Try and enjoy the scenery!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Can't wait to hear all about it. Don't forget to put on the cycling shorts tomorrow :D:D ...you have packed them, right??!

Tired already and only first stop. 20 miles.

aquinn wrote: »
    Tired already and only first stop. 20 miles.

Jesus fair play, I'm not even out of bed yet :--)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Hope it's going well for you, very windy in donegal this morning, hopefully not as bad in Kerry!

Windy is right.
    Delayed start of 6.22am for those checking pace and time.
    39.19 miles. Going to have to switch to km soon as watch not going to last.
    Need Nurofen now with scone for back. Took gel at first stop. Mmm raspberry.

• Advertisement

Km are easier, honest :)

Hang in there!

48.58 miles. In Waterville and going strong.

Possibly a sign as Garmin at 4 hours 1 min and on last bit.

Kenmare. Lunch. 140km done.

Kenmare. Lunch. 140km done.

Brilliant, keep the updates coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Gwan ya good thing ya :D

I did it. I won. Ring of Kerry 2015. Delighted. That was truly fantastic. My 'ah sure it'll be grand ' training paid off. What a day.
    Being fit pays off as no struggle at all.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,081 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Well done. Was just chatting to the brother in law. The wind was serious, he was an hour slower than last year.

beertons wrote:
    Well done. Was just chatting to the brother in law. The wind was serious, he was an hour slower than last year.

No way. Wow am even more fantastic so.
    It's really a brilliant day. The scenery is incredible and the volunteers and food on offer.

No way. Wow am even more fantastic so.
    It's really a brilliant day. The scenery is incredible and the volunteers and food on offer.

yes, but did you get a tshirt? ;)

well done you, you're a mad thing, fair play to you. I'd like to see how you're walking tomorrow :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

It says online there were 11000 entrants ... that's *huge*, must be some party down there this evening.

Advertisement