Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok, what's next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Hope the knee is better soon! Careful now dancing on the tables with sis tonight ;) Have a great night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Ha ha, thanks very much. Knee is perfect thanks. Just not running due to laziness and high winds. Pondered 10 miles yesterday morning but fell back asleep. Oops.
    How's the dose? Are you feeling any better?

Must've been the thought of doing 10 tired you! I'm on the mend thanks. Contemplating an easy jog tomorrow.... :)

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Must've been the thought of doing 10 tired you! I'm on the mend thanks. Contemplating an easy jog tomorrow.... :)

Monday is rest day!

aquinn wrote: »
    Monday is rest day!
    You're a meanie :D sssssh! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    You're a meanie :D sssssh! ;)

Too late! You're rumbled ;)

Happy St Patrick's day to all!

Yes I've been suspiciously quiet on here of late but fret not, I'm grand.

Sisters Birthday weekend I pondered running and ended up more pampering, eating and drinking so that finished off the week from the 06/03.

I then had a super mini-break in Munich, would highly recommend. Really super city. Only exercise was shopping and getting 10,000 steps done daily as a result and local Bavarian food and beer. You could call the stein's weight training if you will.

So Friday 13/03 after an 8 day break I did a lunch run with my colleague. New run through Ballsbridge and also 4.3 miles in 37.45 so I took it easy as V fat post trip.

Saturday morning unusually found me out in the parents homeland so I did a 3.79m run, no OCD here as convinced myself I was ok as bang on 30 mins ;). Did my own 5km parkrun sub 25 so happy with that. Windy for the first mile and long, flat straight road so posture wasn't the best as kept focus 3 ft in front rather than stare at the length I still had to run.

Sunday I was a domestic goddess to celebrate Mammy.

Monday, back through Ballsbridge for 4.31, nice and fast for this one and I really enjoyed it.
    Monday bootcamp for the first time in two weeks. Walked the dog and was jealous of all the runners out as a really lovely evening. Reluctantly forced myself to bootcamp. part boxing which I hate but sprints which I'm the fastest at so pleased at that. Led my team to victory.

Working today and pondering a run but looks like rain Ted so haven't moved yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Happy St Patrick's day to all!

Working today and pondering a run but looks like rain Ted so haven't moved yet.

Get the gear on and get out so before the rain!!!!!!!*

* puts down the iPad to follow own advice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

laura_ac3 wrote: »

* puts down the iPad to follow own advice :D

did you both get out?? am off to do todays session shortly :-) the sun is trying to breakthrough here so hopefully no rain!

Firedance wrote: »
    did you both get out?? am off to do todays session shortly :-) the sun is trying to breakthrough here so hopefully no rain!

I did...much milder out than it has been. Loads of people out and about.

• Advertisement

6.6 MILES IN AN HOUR!

Very happy then arrived back to no hot water :(

Was nice, bumped into two people I know and dragged one along with me for a bit. Had wanted to go to the Pigeon house as have never been but it's a bit unpleasant and too quiet to try today so went back to the main road towards Sandymount and out to the Martello,touched it obviously, and made my way back. Kept pace 9-9.30-10 min mile. Great to see all the walkers for Aware doing the Harbour to Harbour walk.

Firedance and Laura now eagerly await your news :P

6.6 MILES IN AN HOUR!

Very happy then arrived back to no hot water :(

Was nice, bumped into two people I know and dragged one along with me for a bit. Had wanted to go to the Pigeon house as have never been but it's a bit unpleasant and too quiet to try today so went back to the main road towards Sandymount and out to the Martello,touched it obviously, and made my way back. Kept pace 9-9.30-10 min mile. Great to see all the walkers for Aware doing the Harbour to Harbour walk.

Firedance and Laura now eagerly await your news :P

good on you! that's a nice route, pigeon house path is nice in places with some lovely views across the harbour but equally part of it is on road beside the power station, save it for a day you have company! Am not long home, tired but happy :-)

good on you! that's a nice route, pigeon house path is nice in places with some lovely views across the harbour but equally part of it is on road beside the power station, save it for a day you have company! Am not long home, tired but happy :-)

It is a lovely route, especially on a clear sunny day, but absolutely for when you have company. I remember doing it solo a few years ago and for some reason it was deserted. Turned around at the end of the pier for the return leg and there was a lone man heading my direction. Realised then that if he was a homicidal maniac my only option would be swimming back :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    It is a lovely route, especially on a clear sunny day, but absolutely for when you have company. I remember doing it solo a few years ago and for some reason it was deserted. Turned around at the end of the pier for the return leg and there was a lone man heading my direction. Realised then that if he was a homicidal maniac my only option would be swimming back :eek:

...and....??

;)

annapr wrote: »
    ...and....??

;)

Yeah I built that up a bit. Sorry . He was perfectly normal in the end....

Remind me to tell you about the chainsaw incident up Crone Woods though ;-)

Yeah I built that up a bit. Sorry . He was perfectly normal in the end....

Remind me to tell you about the chainsaw incident up Crone Woods though ;-)

You can tell me that story on our next trail run :eek:

You can tell me that story on our next trail run :eek:

Which will be in crone woods from what I hear :)

Which will be in crone woods from what I hear :)

Lol... That's what I was afraid of!

Apparently there is the Pigeon house hotel, anyone else know this? I definitely want to get down there but with company. Was not the friendliest of routes on Tuesday.
    St Patrick's day finished with a cycle from D1 - D3, two beers, cycle back in fog, dog walk, fire on and Camile and finished watched the legacy which I'd recommend.

Wed lunch run 4.2m in 35.40.
    I'm trying to get away with wearing a watch on all runs but think I've to go back to it as need to pace myself better for myself and colleague. Legs were a bit heavy to start and needed to go easy but of course just went out and ran.
    Bootcamp with the infamous Conn100 winner. He tells me definitely to do the marathon this year, I mentioned this to my Sister this morning and her reply was 'No, you’re not doing the marathon again. That took up all of last year – remember? I can’t go through it again.'
    A tough but good bootcamp session, 16 mins of high intensity exercises for 40 seconds and 10 second sprint. This was only the introduction after the warm-up. Was tough. More sprinting and exercises plus 100 push-ups thrown in.

Day 3 of healthy eating going well, weighted myself this morning and Munich is far from gone with an additional 2lbs according to Wii so still have 6 to get off to weight I want. Rest day today and then a gentle run tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Marathon this year eh? Dublin I presume.

I don't know how you mix running and bootcamp, don't think I could do both. 100 pushups? maybe in a year.

• Advertisement

Morning Adrian,

I actually goggled Belfast yesterday but it's at the start of May so no chance. I had said that I wouldn't attempt it this year as I loved the training cycle last year but it's a long old slog and didn't want to wrecked my first and fabulous marathon day experience by trying to break myself getting sub 4.

I want to still attempt dinghy sailing solo which I've been talking about for years. I've entered the 4 race series events and was going to leave the 5th till possibly 2016.

Yes, running and bootcamp is tough enough. I couldn't keep it going over a few months. This is only a 6 week cycle at the minute.

Apparently there is the Pigeon house hotel, anyone else know this? I definitely want to get down there but with company. Was not the friendliest of routes on Tuesday.
    St Patrick's day finished with a cycle from D1 - D3, two beers, cycle back in fog, dog walk, fire on and Camile and finished watched the legacy which I'd recommend.

Wed lunch run 4.2m in 35.40.
    I'm trying to get away with wearing a watch on all runs but think I've to go back to it as need to pace myself better for myself and colleague. Legs were a bit heavy to start and needed to go easy but of course just went out and ran.
    Bootcamp with the infamous Conn100 winner. He tells me definitely to do the marathon this year, I mentioned this to my Sister this morning and her reply was 'No, you’re not doing the marathon again. That took up all of last year – remember? I can’t go through it again.'
    A tough but good bootcamp session, 16 mins of high intensity exercises for 40 seconds and 10 second sprint. This was only the introduction after the warm-up. Was tough. More sprinting and exercises plus 100 push-ups thrown in.

Day 3 of healthy eating going well, weighted myself this morning and Munich is far from gone with an additional 2lbs according to Wii so still have 6 to get off to weight I want. Rest day today and then a gentle run tomorrow.

100 push ups! :eek::eek: I can do 10 to fail :o that's impressive. Had to google The Pigeon House Hotel, built in 1795, seems to be a tv studio or something these days. Well done on the healthy eating, I'm expecting mine to kick in any day now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Morning Adrian,

I actually goggled Belfast yesterday but it's at the start of May so no chance. I had said that I wouldn't attempt it this year as I loved the training cycle last year but it's a long old slog and didn't want to wrecked my first and fabulous marathon day experience by trying to break myself getting sub 4.

I want to still attempt dinghy sailing solo which I've been talking about for years. I've entered the 4 race series events and was going to leave the 5th till possibly 2016.

Yes, running and bootcamp is tough enough. I couldn't keep it going over a few months. This is only a 6 week cycle at the minute.
    Seems to be quite a few of us waiting until 2016 to tackle DCM or another marathon again A. Don't rush into making a decision. Sounds like you're really enjoying what you're doing at the moment and sometimes it's nice not to have the pressure of a big race like that on the horizon.
    In saying that I'd say you'd have no bother going sub 4 this year if you train as well as you did last year!

Apparently there is the Pigeon house hotel, anyone else know this?
    Not until now :)Some good pics in this article Deffo join you for a run around there some time (an easy run mind you, wear your watch :D:D)

Not until now :)Some good pics in this article Deffo join you for a run around there some time (an easy run mind you, wear your watch :D:D)

That's brilliant. I thought it would be a wreck of a place. Looks cool. Looking forward to actually reading the article and not going straight to photos. Yes would be a nice run for us. Today looks perfect of course as nice that the wind has eased of late.

Ososlo wrote: »
    Seems to be quite a few of us waiting until 2016 to tackle DCM or another marathon again A. Don't rush into making a decision. Sounds like you're really enjoying what you're doing at the moment and sometimes it's nice not to have the pressure of a big race like that on the horizon.
    In saying that I'd say you'd have no bother going sub 4 this year if you train as well as you did last year!

Heya!
    Yes, was thinking of you writing that as 2016 seems to be the DCM Year :D
    I don't see myself doing it to be honest as still just getting into a new routine and it's a long way to October. I'd like to do a half marathon and not be traumatized by the heat and enjoy the full event.

Oh and I've started to use this. I bought it in Avoca but is in Arnotts too:
    http://www.thisworks.com/sleep.html
    Am finding it actually great for the last few nights, that and going to bed at 11 rather than 10 has made a big difference. Made it to minutes before the alarm twice in the last few mornings, what a novelty.

100 push ups! :eek::eek: I can do 10 to fail :o that's impressive. Had to google The Pigeon House Hotel, built in 1795, seems to be a tv studio or something these days. Well done on the healthy eating, I'm expecting mine to kick in any day now...

Yes, it's tough and trying to watch form and mind back rather than rush them. After the boxing on Monday I can't do the 'stick your thumb into the ground and push-up from knuckles' this was beyond me.

I'm usually good for healthy eating for 3 days and then lose it for 4.

That's brilliant. I thought it would be a wreck of a place. Looks cool. Looking forward to actually reading the article and not going straight to photos. Yes would be a nice run for us. Today looks perfect of course as nice that the wind has eased of late.

would be a nice route down through East Point and across the river...

...as for your sister, I laughed at her saying SHE couldn't go through it again -- you just have to get her out running!!

would be a nice route down through East Point and across the river...

...as for your sister, I laughed at her saying SHE couldn't go through it again -- you just have to get her out running!!

I know, she's hilarious. She was incredible on the day with her sign and turning up 3 times. Her Vaseline and antihistamines were really needed though.

Excellent, when are we going then?
    BG????

• Advertisement

Excellent, when are we going then?
    BG????

I'm running to an off-road only rule at the moment until my back stops giving out to me for running on concrete! It would actually be a lovely evening run once it gets a bit brighter. You can get a good long run out of it by including the trails in the Nature Reserve. Count me in for sure once I'm 100%

Advertisement