Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Nally is attacked again!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Redhenrun

As mentioned by a previous poster, Crimecall tonight featured a reconstruction of a break in, attempted robbery and terrorizing of an elderly man in rural Tipperary. Deeply distressing to watch, it showed just how vulnerable those living alone and especially, the elderly living alone, can be.

And just what miserable lowlifes the perpetrators of this particular crime are.

I feel very sorry for those elderly living in fear of such attacks. And that includes Patrick Nally.

Obviously, the law is not a deterrent for these criminals. That's something that has to change. And, as tonight's Crimecall pointed out, being vigilant, caring neighbours is a huge help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Poor man has been tortured and driven demented by these scrotes.

Yes, it must have been very hard for him standing over a wounded and man and shooting him dead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Buzz Meeks

I would imagine this information was presented in the original trial ?
    He was till found not guilty - I'm really curious as to why he was denied one.

The local police superintendent gets to decide who gets a gun license or not. And it's not just on grounds of convictions. But you make a good point - if his gun license was taken off him it could be seen to imply he did something wrong.

Aside from the gun, the point I was making was that Nally would never of had any problem except he made a statement where he was honest to a fault and admitted to offensive as opposed to just defensive actions. And some idiot of a guard took that statement. Instead of maybe suggesting he take some legal advice or gather his thoughts. He came out with the gem that hitting the traveller was "like hitting a badger. or a stone"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Sh3m wrote: »
    Wasn't exactly "attacked" now was he ?

Eh they where actually on 'his' property.
    Good as, if you ask me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

I ****ing hate krackers. Dirty rotten scummy cúnts of biscuits. If they were to come near my house after someone did the shopping I'd be straight out with the shotgun again to rid my house of the dirty fcukers. Got a bad pack of Jacobs Creams a few years back and I shot them dead. I'd do it again and rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Patsprat

The Garda were called countless times and knew what was going on . What did they do feccck all . IN Mayo people were murdered robbed and some times tortured . So yes when your pushed we can all do it you don't know where the edge is till you fall
    On saying that not all travelers are bad but that lot are we all have to live and let liive ,the best of us haven't much but we don't rob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

floggg wrote: »
    Yes, it must have been very hard for him standing over a wounded and man and shooting him dead.

The same man tormented Nally for several weeks so much that he had to sleep in a run down shed and was fearing for his life. Btw he wasn't standing over frog ward when he shot him the 2nd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Ah sure jaysus boss, we were onla lookin.... Bang.. Bang.. bang bang... "and that's the end of that chapter". .. quote H.J Simpson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Well we all haven't got high powered guns like the Americans!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Wow, I wonder what the grounds were to deny him a gun?

The Shot Somebody Dead A Few Years Ago grounds, one would presume.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oh away with the lefty nonsense for just once. Why was said wounded man there? To give him flowers? Oh wait... no... he was there to rob him blind and likely worse given said "man's" (many)previous* and the previous intimidation of Mr Nally. The lefty nonsense of "all property is theft" and "shure what can you do and shure won't insurance cover it" doesn't begin to illustrate the terror many elderly and not so elderly people feel in isolated areas of this country.

Said "man" had eighty convictions. Eighty. And those were only the crimes he was found out and found guilty of. Eighty FFS. And yet he was free to raom abroad to commit more crimes. Insanity. Did he deserve being shot? Debatable, he certainly deserved to be in a gaol cell for life to keep his sort from the rest of human society. And he ended up shot to death because he wasn't taken out of normal human society.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hard alright......... Hard not to teabag the cunt after pulling the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Jesus, if I were that guy I'd want to have a couple of freshly dug graves ready on my land at all times. He should buy a backhoe.

And how did he get wounded? Just minding his own business, walking along the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

did he shoot them in the back again?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Wibbs wrote: »
    Oh away with the lefty nonsense for just once. Why was said wounded man there? To give him flowers? Oh wait... no... he was there to rob him blind and likely worse given said "man's" (many)previous and the previous intimidation of Mr Nally. The lefty nonsense of "all property is theft" and "shure what can you do and shure won't insurance cover it" doesn't begin to illustrate the terror many elderly and not so elderly people feel in isolated areas of this country.

The list of convictions that man had for violent assault and robbery were shocking and highlights how easy it is for career criminals in this country.

Wasn't there a retired Sargent who caused controversy around the time of the trial saying he should have shot the son as well? How anyone feels sorry for frog ward and not Nally is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

There's a bit of a war going on over in FB when this story appeared there, "yis r all scum ye buffers, look at dis winnie n martin", the ethnic minority are out in force defending Frogs good name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I have an elderly uncle who scared the s**t out of a couple of these gents. When they drove in the lane he was out with the crowbar, told them he'd smash the f**king windscreen, and then do them. Funny, he's usually so quiet. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

He'd want to keep that shotgun of his to hand...

Better still and speaking as a wolf pack owner. There is nothing like a few German Shepherds, to keep scum of your property.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Better still and speaking as a wolf pack owner. There is nothing like a few German Shepherds, to keep scum of your property.
    Scum tend to poison dogs, and unless you view the dogs as nothing but items, the loss of your dogs can be emotionally crippling.

Bear-traps are the way to go. Put them inside a fenced off area, and when the trap is tripped, the fen goes full electric.

All you need is a roll of copper bolted to the side of a wall...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

There's a bit of a war going on over in FB when this story appeared there, "yis r all scum ye buffers, look at dis winnie n martin", the ethnic minority are out in force defending Frogs good name.

Linky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

"yis r all scum ye buffers, look at dis winnie n martin"

Anyone who writes like this publicly should be euthanised for the good of the nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sociopath2

Padraig Nally was an old man who wanted to be left alone to live his life in peace.

Frog Ward was a violent habitual criminal who went looking for an easy target to prey on and brought his son along to teach him the family trade.

Frog's 80+ convictions didn't deter him from attempting a violent armed robbery on an old man.

All the time he spent in prison didn't deter him.

The suspended sentences he got didn't deter him.

Neither did community service, fines or the probation services.

outstanding charges and warrants for his arrest didn't deter him either.

That 12 gauge finally did though.

Frog wasn't a poor innocent victim. He was a violent criminal scumbag that clearly wasn't going to be rehabilitated. He got what he deserved.

But there's always someone who'll defend an animal like that, always out of some warped sense of social justice and always someone who has never actually encountered one of these animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Linky?

It was in the comments section of the Irish Daily Mirror, the travellers were threatening to find people who commented by looking at the location on their profile, and they defended Ward no matter what.

And they wonder why they are unpopular.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭fits

This thread! Replace all mention of travellers with blacks. See how it sounds then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Don't forget, the Minister for 'Equality' wants these type of people to be given special protection under the law:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/traveller-ethnicity-will-be-reality-in-six-months-says-%C3%B3-riord%C3%A1in-1.2005945

Aodhán Ó Riordáin thinks the move would be “one of the greatest things we can do to finally celebrate and acknowledge the rich and vibrant culture that the Traveller community have in Ireland”.

Always remember, the most dangerous enemy works from within to subvert society.
    Make your voices heard while we still have a chance to protect our most vulnerable. Don't be abusive, make your point clearly. This traitor will use any abusive messages as an excuse to evade and deflect direct criticism:

aodhan.oriordain@oir.ie
    https://twitter.com/aodhanoriordain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Don't forget, the Minister for 'Equality' wants these type of people to be given special protection under the law:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/traveller-ethnicity-will-be-reality-in-six-months-says-%C3%B3-riord%C3%A1in-1.2005945

Aodhán Ó Riordáin thinks the move would be “one of the greatest things we can do to finally celebrate and acknowledge the rich and vibrant culture that the Traveller community have in Ireland”.

Always remember, the most dangerous enemy works from within to subvert society.
    Make your voices heard while we still have a chance to protect our most vulnerable. Don't be abusive, make your point clearly. This traitor will use any abusive messages as an excuse to evade and deflect direct criticism:

aodhan.oriordain@oir.ie
    https://twitter.com/aodhanoriordain

I don't really see the diffierenfe this will make Tbh???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The only problem I ever had with Mr. Nally is that he wasn't using .50-cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

Wibbs wrote: »
    Oh away with the lefty nonsense for just once

The guy's opinion has nothing to do with being a lefty or being a liberal

Lots of us lefty liberals support Padraig Nally so leave us out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Unfortunately, the people that are expected to 'acknowledge' this rich and vibrant culture on a regular basis are usually not part of our political class or the Irish Times letters page constituency.

Funny that.

Would it be best, perhaps, to build halting sites only in the middle-class areas in which such liberals generally reside?

Oh wait, where has everybody gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

So is it actually unsafe these days to live in rural, isolated areas in Ireland?

Advertisement