Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

mfceiling wrote: »
    If he was 4 inches taller and 2 stone heavier he would be 6 ft 3 and over 18 stone!! More like a second row than an inside centre!!

16 stone.

Also, I didnt put much thought into those figures, but as it happens, 6'3" and 16 stone is what Henshaw is. A 12 lately. With success.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

A friend of mine who plays at a lower level in Ballymena tells me Luke Marshall was touching 100kg around Christmas time.
    That would make him the same weight as Henshaw.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    A friend of mine who plays at a lower level in Ballymena tells me Luke Marshall was touching 100kg around Christmas time.
    That would make him the same weight as Henshaw.

I stand corrected.

He still has the height issue though. Not one that can be fixed in the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I stand corrected.

My biggest issue is whenever I see him charging forward I think he won't come out conscious the other side. I fear he's a couple of concussions from a big decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I stand corrected.

At 5ft 11 and 16 odd stone I don't think he'll struggle at 12 tbh. He's a seriously powerful unit. Is his height going to hold him back...I personally don't think so.

• Advertisement

Can you imagine having Marshall at 12 and Henshaw at 13. We'd have the only international centre pairing that would seriously struggle to get into a Nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Can you imagine having Marshall at 12 and Henshaw at 13. We'd have the only international centre pairing that would seriously struggle to get into a Nightclub.

At the same time you wouldn't want to be the one refusing them access

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

We're talking about Ireland here and Joe is the coach. So its his requirements they have to measure to (or in these cases, not). He might go with one of them at a push if injuries demand. But no chance of two such compromised players. And it is a tendency in the ascendent in International rugby where they are more likely to have the choice between a good big'un and a good little'un. Thats why McCloskey is in a interesting prospect for Ireland.

Hold on a minute, I said Marshall and earls would be a good pairing for Munster. If they did turn out to be Irelands first choice centre pairing then all the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Fm104 says irfu are speaking to JS about contract extension

aimee1 wrote: »

Contract extension but also a non compete or restraint clause saying he can never coach NZ. ...or work for the WRU.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

aimee1 wrote: »

So help me, if someone robs his house again...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Podge_irl wrote: »

Minister for Justice is considering making this a capital offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Minister for Justice is considering making this a capital offense.
    Lets just make Joe garda commissioner. No crime anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

You mean putting him off living in Ireland?

Why should he be any different to the other victims of boundless scumbaggery in this town? Although the timing meant he was targeted of course.

Without getting into his private life too much, my guess would be that apart from making a living for his family, that his next priority would be a settled environment for his older kids who are moving to college age and a safe and healthy place for his younger son with the neurological condition.

I have had the good fortune to meet and chat to Joe and his daughter a few times through an old school connection, they are a lovely family, and I hope Dublin can continue to do that for his family and that we hold onto him for many years both as a fantastic coach and a member of the community.

With a Lions sabbatical of course.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Set Jamie Cudmore on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

IRUPA award nominees have been announced
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/20425.php#.VTAAx6NOPcs

Players player of the year 2015
    Robbie Henshaw Connacht, Conor Murray Munster, Paul O'Connell Munster, Jonathon Sexton Ireland

Nevin Spence Young Player of the Year 2015
    Jack Conan Leinster, Robbie Henshaw Connacht, Jack McGrath Leinster

Try of the year 2015
    Craig Gilroy Ulster v Scarlets PRO12, Robbie Henshaw Ireland v England Six Nations, Kieran Marmion Connacht v Leinster PRO12

Hibernia College Medal For Excellence 2015
    Chris Henry Ulster, Felix Jones Munster, Michael Swift Connacht

Hall Of Fame 2015
    Recipient to be announced on Tuesday 5th May 2015

Moment of the Year 2015
    Voted by the public on Twitter @PowerscourtHtl #PHMoment15 and will be unveiled at the Awards ceremony on Wednesday 13th May

Womens 7s player of the year 2015
    recipient to be announced at the Awards ceremony on 13th May

Board watch Ireland contribution to Society 2015
    award to be presented at ceremony on 13th May

3 Unsung Hero 2015
    Callum Black Ulster, Darragh Fanning Leinster, Denis Hurley Munster

You can view and vote for the IRUPA 3 Unsung Hero on Twitter @ThreeIrlRugby using the hashtag #3UnsungHero. The winner will be announced at the 2015 Awards Ceremony on Wednesday 13th May.

NEWSTALK106FM Supporters Player of the year 2015
    The Supporters' Player of the Year as voted by listeners of Newstalk will be announced at the IRUPA Awards on Wednesday 13th May 2015. Tune into Off the Ball from Monday 4th May to vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

IRUPA award nominees have been announced
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/20425.php#.VTAAx6NOPcs

Players player of the year 2015
    Robbie Henshaw Connacht, Conor Murray Munster, Paul O'Connell Munster, Jonathon Sexton Ireland

Nevin Spence Young Player of the Year 2015
    Jack Conan Leinster, Robbie Henshaw Connacht, Jack McGrath Leinster

Try of the year 2015
    Craig Gilroy Ulster v Scarlets PRO12, Robbie Henshaw Ireland v England Six Nations, Kieran Marmion Connacht v Leinster PRO12

Hibernia College Medal For Excellence 2015
    Chris Henry Ulster, Felix Jones Munster, Michael Swift Connacht

Hall Of Fame 2015
    Recipient to be announced on Tuesday 5th May 2015

Moment of the Year 2015
    Voted by the public on Twitter @PowerscourtHtl #PHMoment15 and will be unveiled at the Awards ceremony on Wednesday 13th May

Womens 7s player of the year 2015
    recipient to be announced at the Awards ceremony on 13th May

Board watch Ireland contribution to Society 2015
    award to be presented at ceremony on 13th May

3 Unsung Hero 2015
    Callum Black Ulster, Darragh Fanning Leinster, Denis Hurley Munster

You can view and vote for the IRUPA 3 Unsung Hero on Twitter @ThreeIrlRugby using the hashtag #3UnsungHero. The winner will be announced at the 2015 Awards Ceremony on Wednesday 13th May.

NEWSTALK106FM Supporters Player of the year 2015
    The Supporters' Player of the Year as voted by listeners of Newstalk will be announced at the IRUPA Awards on Wednesday 13th May 2015. Tune into Off the Ball from Monday 4th May to vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Has to be Paulie I'd think......... (Not wearing my Munster hat at all, at all, at all)

Daragh Fanning defines unsung hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Player's player - Paul O'Connell
    Young player - Robbie Henshaw
    Try of the Year - Craig Gilroy
    Unsung Hero - Denis Hurley

• Advertisement

FANNING

Hagz wrote: »
    Try of the Year - Craig Gilroy

No Fanning? Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Try of the Year - Kieran Marmion
    Moment of the Year 2015 - Heaslip tackle on Hogg

When Joe was appointed, I was delighted, and looked forward to the two 6 Nations championships and winning of the World Cup this would bring.

But assumed he would be then off to NZ to win it back for them.

Now it seems we may have a few more years of trophy time:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/irfu-in-talks-with-joe-schmidt-to-extend-contract-1.2178145

• Registered Users Posts: 37,999 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

will there be a commentrative dvd of irelands six nations 2015 campaign released ???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

When Joe was appointed, I was delighted, and looked forward to the two 6 Nations championships and winning of the World Cup this would bring.

But assumed he would be then off to NZ to win it back for them.

Now it seems we may have a few more years of trophy time:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/irfu-in-talks-with-joe-schmidt-to-extend-contract-1.2178145

I love the nice bit of unfounded speculation by the IT that the All Blacks are keen to poach Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

stephen_n wrote: »
    I love the nice bit of unfounded speculation by the IT that the All Blacks are keen to poach Joe.

It's completely rubbish journalism. Hansen is already appointed through to 2017.

Edit: The only reason I could see for Schmidt returning to NZ in 2016 would be for family/personal reasons. I don't even think the NZRFU would expect Schmidt to turn down an Ireland/Lions coaching gig for the Blues (or possibly an ABs assistant coach, but I think Hansen is keen to keep his current assistants). I guess Pau or Toulon might offer Schmidt one mill-ee-on dollars...or if Schmidt wants a challenge there is always Les Bleus (of France that is, although on current form Leinster sprang to mind too...)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Swiwi. wrote: »
    It's completely rubbish journalism. Hansen is already appointed through to 2017.

Edit: The only reason I could see for Schmidt returning to NZ in 2016 would be for family/personal reasons. I don't even think the NZRFU would expect Schmidt to turn down an Ireland/Lions coaching gig for the Blues (or possibly an ABs assistant coach, but I think Hansen is keen to keep his current assistants). I guess Pau or Toulon might offer Schmidt one mill-ee-on dollars...or if Schmidt wants a challenge there is always Les Bleus (of France that is, although on current form Leinster sprang to mind too...)

Funny enough, I got to that line and and thought of you spitting your tea reading it lol I think if Ireland have a good World Cup he may come on the NZRU radar for future reference. It will be interesting to see if he takes the 4 years on offer or elects for another 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Funny enough, I got to that line and and thought of you spitting your tea reading it lol I think if Ireland have a good World Cup he may come on the NZRU radar for future reference. It will be interesting to see if he takes the 4 years on offer or elects for another 2 years.

I prefer coffee...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I could see Joe returning to NZ at the end of his contract. One season with the Blues (adds the Super Rugby trophy to his cabinet) and then takes over the ABs after Hansen retires following a victorious Lions series.

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement