Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IV

Options

Comments

I live in England, yet it will take me longer to get to most Ireland games than people getting there from home!

Playing the waiting game on tickets in any case. (i.e, none bought, none will be bought until the weeks/days before games).

How are you going to pull this one off? I've been trying to get tickets for anything decent with no luck. I've ended up settling for Romania as its in London and easily available.

How are you going to pull this one off? I've been trying to get tickets for anything decent with no luck. I've ended up settling for Romania as its in London and easily available.

patience, gamble and ultimately apathy.

If I can't get tickets, so be it, if I can, I'll go.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah I'm just gonna keep my September free. I'm still hoping I'll get to the France game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Hah I already have every bedroom promised away as well as potential garden campers.

That's ok.

We're not planning on sleeping right lads?

I might just take the Monday off, head over for the France game and hope for the best...

• Advertisement

I may pass out in the toilet but that's only to keep the roll over alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭jacothelad

.ak wrote: »
    I may pass out in the toilet but that's only to keep the roll over alive.
    If you pass out in the toilet you may get a rollover you don't like......:D

• Administrators Posts: 53,652 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Not going either. The cost of travel, accommodation and tickets is just unjustifiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Accomodation is the big hit. You can actually get over and back on the boat fairly cheap

Its far too close to home to miss out . I have a ton of friends in London, hopefully one of them we let me use there couch! Cardiff sounds like a nightmare in terms of cost of accommodation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

There are SOME places on airbnb still at reasonable prices, I found one for one of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Going to the Italy game and can't wait!

Was planning on trying to get to a quarter final but given I'd be paying for flights again plus the ticket I didn't think it was affordable. Still I may change my mind if I can get hold of tickets between now and October!

In the meantime are tickets available for the August games yet? Did I read they aren't beong sold through the clubs?

There are SOME places on airbnb still at reasonable prices, I found one for one of the games.

Pretty good. Im just not sure id be comfortable taking a persons room when heading back at the end of a day where Ireland have clinched a semi final

I may be a bit too julilant

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

bilston wrote: »
    Going to the Italy game and can't wait!

Was planning on trying to get to a quarter final but given I'd be okaying for flight again plus the ticket again I didn't think it was affordable. Still I may change my mind if I can get hold of tickets between now and October!

In the meantime are tickets available for the August games yet? Did I read they aren't beong sold through the clubs?
    There is some tickets for August games available through clubs and provincial branches.
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Sean Cronin out for 3 months...it's a shame because he's one of the few Leinster players who's been having a decent season.

If he can get back before the warm ups it should be alright. Otherwise I guess it's an opportunity for Casey to make a claim for one of the spots along with Strauss

Nah I think Cronin will go bar a disaster. He offers something different. Is it usually two hookers or three?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

awec wrote: »
    Nah I think Cronin will go bar a disaster. He offers something different. Is it usually two hookers or three?

Three usually

3 I think. Plus hes one of the best bench options you can have.

Yea I'd be shocked if it's not Best, Strauss and Cronin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Three I think, yeah he brings plenty of impact from the bench and carrying is definitely something we'll be needing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Yea I'd be shocked if it's not Best, Strauss and Cronin.

Strauss hasn't come close to hitting previous heights, but he is experienced under Joe so there is no chance that he will miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Strauss hasn't come close to hitting previous heights, but he is experienced under Joe so there is no chance that he will miss out.
    Duncan Casey's form has fallen since before the New Year as well.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

He was injured for a bit too. He hasn't been as good as he was in the early season, when he was excellent, but he's impressed me in the last few weeks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

If ye had to pick and Ireland match to attend - Canada or Romania?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Probably Canada for me, but can't see there being much difference between the 2 games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

MJohnston wrote: »
    If ye had to pick and Ireland match to attend - Canada or Romania?

Canada, Romania are not the side they once were and Canada seem to have a little more about them.

When are you going to stop banging this drum

Honestly, Strauss has been pretty poor lately, but injuries haven't helped.

However, this 'he's just picking him because he has more experience with him' excuse is getting tiresome.

Strauss, even in poor form, is a fantastic rugby player. In good form he's one of the best hookers in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

.ak wrote: »
    Honestly, Strauss has been pretty poor lately, but injuries haven't helped.

However, this 'he's just picking him because he has more experience with him' excuse is getting tiresome.

Strauss, even in poor form, is a fantastic rugby player. In good form he's one of the best hookers in Europe.

He's a good player alright but fantastic is OTT for me. I wouldn't miss him in an Ireland squad right now TBH and he's firmly hooker #3 at the least not considering Cronin being out for 3 months

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement