Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Are there more acts to be announced no? Krystle Klear is playing Opium Rooms on the Saturday... I wonder would he do a set at Longitude too??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

There might be a couple of djs added, nothing exciting I'd imagine. Krystal Klear would be the very best we could hope for.

I was thinking there might be something decent added with how slow ticket sales seem to be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Can someone tell me about the drink situation. Can you bring in drink or have you to sneak it in?

You have to sneak it... have heard different reports.. some get away with it others don't! I think I got away with it last year! Put it in one of those squeezy bottles for running that you get in the Euro shops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Ziplocl bag of drink stuffed down the jocks, with the sealed top of the bag between waistband of jeans and waistband of jocks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭cson

You're allowed bring in sealed soft drink containers < 500ml I think so Capri Sun screw top & glue the top closed again when you've the drink in so if they do check its 'sealed' it won't budge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

Ziplocl bag of drink stuffed down the jocks, with the sealed top of the bag between waistband of jeans and waistband of jocks

Sounds delicious!

In fairness (a) its a long day in there (b) sneaking a naggin in a ziplock bag will save you ~€25.

If MCD/Heineken weren't greedy on the concession front and had pints at say €4 instead of €6 then you wouldn't have as much drink being sneaked in.

cson wrote: »
    In fairness (a) its a long day in there (b) sneaking a naggin in a ziplock bag will save you ~€25.

If MCD/Heineken weren't greedy on the concession front and had pints at say €4 instead of €6 then you wouldn't have as much drink being sneaked in.

Do they sell any other drink than beer in there? Sorry I'm a newbie to the whole festival thing :P

• Advertisement

Do they sell any other drink than beer in there? Sorry I'm a newbie to the whole festival thing :P

Think Heineken have it so that's the beer, Orchard Thieves will be the cider offering and there'll be a wine offering. Don't think they sell spirits there & in any case I don't think Heineken have any recognised spirit offering in their portfolio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I beg to differ, people who plan to smuggle booze in will do so irrespective of the price at the bar inside.
    Also the bars will do a very good trade either way, plenty of binge drinkers out there to make up the losses for the smugglers.

Honestly if pints were €4 I wouldn't bother smuggling anything in. I will @ €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

And the bar closes at 10 as well...if you are going to try and sneak something in, from experience of last year, either go when the cue is busy and you will be waved through quicker, or give it to a female to put in her bag or on her person, friend of mine got waved through with drink in her bag last year, lads I was with got a long frisking

And the bar closes at 10 as well...if you are going to try and sneak something in, from experience of last year, either go when the cue is busy and you will be waved through quicker, or give it to a female to put in her bag or on her person, friend of mine got waved through with drink in her bag last year, lads I was with got a long frisking

Oh yeah, if you're female you're grand. Ziplock bags into the bra and away you go tbh.

Think Heineken have it so that's the beer, Orchard Thieves will be the cider offering and there'll be a wine offering. Don't think they sell spirits there & in any case I don't think Heineken have any recognised spirit offering in their portfolio.
    Pretty disappointing if they don't sell spirits :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Pretty disappointing if they don't sell spirits :/

Theres the Bacardi Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

and there's a Red Bull bar that sells rum and Eristoff vodka with various types of red bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The Red Bull Music Academy stage is delighted to be returning to Longitude for the third year running with a dedicated platform that'll host several of the hottest names in the dance, club and electronica worlds – as well as some really exciting up-and-coming names on the Irish scene, many of which are RBMA alumni or affiliates.

RBMA stage @ Longitude 2015: FRIDAY

21:45 - 22.50 DJ Deece
    20.15 - 21.45 Frank B
    18.30 - 20.00 Carl Craig
    17.00 - 18.30 Hubie Davidson
    16:00 - 17.00 Niall Darcy
    15.15 - 16.00 Contour (LIVE)
    14.00 - 15:00 Lee Kelly

RBMA stage @ Longitude 2015: SATURDAY

21:15 - 22.50 John Daly
    20.15- 21.00 All Tvvins
    18.30 - 20.00 Jeremy Underground
    17.00 - 18.30 TUKI
    16:00 - 17.00 CLU DJ set
    15;15 - 16;00 Faune (LIVE)
    13.30 - 15:00 Lumigraph

RBMA stage @ Longitude 2015: SUNDAY

21.15 - 22.45 Brame
    19.45 - 21.15 MUMDANCE
    18.30 - 19.45 Cashmere Cat
    17.45 - 18.30 EMBRZ
    16.45 - 17.30 WIFE
    15:00 - 16.30 Shane Linehan
    13.30 - 15:00 4wrd Grad

The line-up on Friday July 17th alone is mouthwatering, kicking off what's shaping up to be an outstanding weekend of music in emphatic fashion with a headline set by the one and only Detroit techno stalwart Carl Craig. Don't say we don't treat you well.

He'll be joined on Friday by the super-exciting All Tvvins, the Irish duo who recently signed to Atlantic Records. As members of Adebisi Shank and The Cast of Cheers, Lar Kaye and Conor Adams's have the driving, melodic, jerky guitar thing down; their newest endeavour includes an electronic undercurrent and is destined to make big waves this year. Completing Friday's line-up is Pogo resident Frank B, Hubie Davison, whose dreamy, ethereal electronica couldn't be further away from his dad (Chris de Burgh)'s back catalogue; Hidden Agenda resident DJ Niall D'Arcy, a live set by Dublin visual artist/musician Contour, and Lee Kelly.

There's no room to draw breath: we're straight into Saturday with an equally awesome line-up with a live set by Dublin male/female 'nu-disco' duo Faune kicking off proceedings before sets by Cork's Young Wonder, recent participants in RedBull's Opinion Leader programme and who'll be teasing tracks from their debut album 'Birth'. Also on Saturday's bill are Jeremy Underground and Pogo resident Frank B, while Galway's John Daly will cap off the night in style.

We all know that Day 3 of any festival can be a tough one to get through – so you'll be glad to hear that Sunday's RBMA Stage will be a place of refuge for the weary dance music fan, with a programme will both soothe your weary head and get you nicely riled up for the final stretch of Longitude 2015.

4Ward Grad will open proceedings on Sunday afternoon, followed by sets by Shane Linehan and our old mucker (and RBMA alumnus) WIFE, aka Corkman James Kelly, who'll provide some blissful tunes to ease you into the evening. Also on Sunday's programme is EMBRZ, the electronic project of Jack Casey, whose song 'Silent' has been registering on the radar of many in recent months, as well as Sligo's deep house aficionado Brame. Young Norwegian DJ/turntablist Cashmere Cat will see us out on Sunday evening with his headline slot, and send us home with a buzz in our heads and a bleep in our hearts.

All in all, it's shaping up to be a mighty celebration of Ireland's rising electronica scene, with a little help from a few international names. We can't wait. See you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The Red Bull Music Academy stage is delighted to be returning to Longitude for the third year running with a dedicated platform that'll host several of the hottest names in the dance, club and electronica worlds – as well as some really exciting up-and-coming names on the Irish scene, many of which are RBMA alumni or affiliates.

RBMA stage @ Longitude 2015: FRIDAY

21:45 - 22.50 DJ Deece
    20.15 - 21.45 Frank B
    18.30 - 20.00 Carl Craig
    17.00 - 18.30 Hubie Davidson
    16:00 - 17.00 Niall Darcy
    15.15 - 16.00 Contour (LIVE)
    14.00 - 15:00 Lee Kelly

RBMA stage @ Longitude 2015: SATURDAY

21:15 - 22.50 John Daly
    20.15- 21.00 All Tvvins
    18.30 - 20.00 Jeremy Underground
    17.00 - 18.30 TUKI
    16:00 - 17.00 CLU DJ set
    15;15 - 16;00 Faune (LIVE)
    13.30 - 15:00 Lumigraph
    Possibly a stupid question, but why do they indicate that some people are "Live". Does that mean that the others are prerecorded or playing a mixtape or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Surprised Carl Craig is on earlier, thought he would be a certainty to close out that stage but it might end up working out for the best with clashes. Now the patient wait to see what time Todd Terje is on...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Possibly a stupid question, but why do they indicate that some people are "Live". Does that mean that the others are prerecorded or playing a mixtape or something?

Live means they're performing live, but that can mean a multiple amount of things, i.e; could be sampling live, using ableton/programs to trigger music stems or samples live, or literally build a track from scratch live using samplers/synths/drum machines etc.

There's plenty that can be constituted as 'live', but the main premise is that you're not just dj'ing, i.e; mixing one track into another - even if they're your own tracks and even if it's done through a program like ableton etc. because that's just a 'DJ set', so basically those that aren't listed as live are just DJ'ing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Very annoyed I could only afford to go on Saturday... Friday's lineup is looking the best imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,459 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

When are the hard copy tickets being issued?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

FitzShane wrote: »
    When are the hard copy tickets being issued?

I got mine ages ago (from 2 separate purchases a few weeks apart). You should probably ring Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 15,459 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Synode wrote: »
    I got mine ages ago (from 2 separate purchases a few weeks apart). You should probably ring Ticketmaster

Nope, nothing sent out again to me. And I always make sure to select the option of the hard copy as I like keeping the ticket stubs from concerts as opposed to the gammy sheets!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭LostArt

.ak wrote: »
    Very annoyed I could only afford to go on Saturday... Friday's lineup is looking the best imo!

Same, but there's plenty on Saturday to keep me happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Sunday is the best IMO, so much so I'm mentally prepared for some nightmare clash like Chemical brothers/Danny Brown/James Blake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

ah damn carl craig at half 6! have to leave work early for that ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Will it be possible to buy tickets at the gate anyone know?

Advertisement