Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Weird All Tvvins being on the Red Bull stage. That's the one in the woods on the way to the Whelans stage yeah?

Some nice additions to round of the weekend, Josef Salvat was great in Whelans so happy to have him back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What time does music normally start on the Friday?
    between 2 and 3 depending on the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Heading to Longitude this Summer purely because one of my best mates is home the weekend it's on and wanted to hit some form of a festival.
    Have to say there's a whole lotta acts I have no clue about!
    Only bought tickets for Sat/Sun and most of the acts I'd be interested in are on Friday :rolleyes: (Todd Terje, SBTRKT, Little Dragon Carl Crag, etc...)

I'm open to any recommendations folks... Caribou, Daphni, Chems are the only acts I know! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

kormak wrote: »
    Heading to Longitude this Summer purely because one of my best mates is home the weekend it's on and wanted to hit some form of a festival.
    Only bought tickets for Sat/Sun and most of the acts I'd be interested in are on Friday :rolleyes: (Todd Terje, SBTRKT, Little Dragon Carl Crag, etc...)

I'm open to any recommendations folks... Caribou, Daphni, Chems are the only acts I know! :cool:

Check out Wolf Alice, their debut albums out next month but their singles and EP stuff they've put out already have been awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

between 2 and 3 depending on the stage.

you sure its that early? I always thought the Friday was a later start and the Saturday and Sunday started around lunchtime? I could be wrong though

• Advertisement

Mcbumhole wrote: »
    you sure its that early? I always thought the Friday was a later start and the Saturday and Sunday started around lunchtime? I could be wrong though
    all stages on Sat/Sun started at 2, on Friday it was 2/2:30/3

http://www.independent.ie/incoming/article30436720.ece/BINARY/LONG%20TIMETABLE1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mapaputsi

Hey guys, just have a quick question.
    My sister and my cousin are going to the Saturday of this festival and are looking for somewhere to stay in Dublin that night.
    However, they are both 17. Are there any hostels/hotels/B&Bs in Dublin that would take them even though they are under 18?

Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭afriendlyshark

Does anyone know when they'll release the timetable for Longitude? I'm trying to organise transport back into the city but it's hard to gauge who will be playing at what time :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Any idea where Catfish and the Bottlemen would be on the bill? First or second act on Main Stage perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

How many stages are there at Longitude? Heading on the Saturday for the first time and I'm just wondering what the likely situation with clashes is going to be?

Alt-J and Caribou are my main two reasons for going - am I going to be choosing between them d'you reckon?

Also keen to see Jungle, Glass Animals, Toro Y Moi and Girl Band... I don't expect to get lucky enough to see everyone but...

• Advertisement

How many stages are there at Longitude? Heading on the Saturday for the first time and I'm just wondering what the likely situation with clashes is going to be?

Alt-J and Caribou are my main two reasons for going - am I going to be choosing between them d'you reckon?

Also keen to see Jungle, Glass Animals, Toro Y Moi and Girl Band... I don't expect to get lucky enough to see everyone but...

4 last year:
    F29F31A1-AEF9-45A7-8EBC-9CD06D4ED52D.png

i would imagine Alt-J, Caribou and Jungle will be on the main stage, Toro Y Moi will probably on the Heineken Stage so might get to see him before the main stage ones as I reckon Pusha T/Hudson Mohawke/Le Galaxie will be the top acts in there on Saturday, so Toro Y Moi probably playing in the late afternoon.
    could see Girl Band headlining the Whelans stage, so probably clashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

4 last year:
    F29F31A1-AEF9-45A7-8EBC-9CD06D4ED52D.png

i would imagine Alt-J, Caribou and Jungle will be on the main stage, Toro Y Moi will probably on the Heineken Stage so might get to see him before the main stage ones as I reckon Pusha T/Hudson Mohawke/Le Galaxie will be the top acts in there on Saturday, so Toro Y Moi probably playing in the late afternoon.
    could see Girl Band headlining the Whelans stage, so probably clashing.

Would be thrilled if this was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

kormak wrote: »

Caribou at Body&Soul last year were probably the best live act I've ever seen at a festival. Gonna try and just get saturday tickets just to see them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alizhee

I'll just start this with saying I've never been to Longitude or anywhere relatively close to Marlay Park at all. I've been going through many webpages on pointers how to get there, parking and all that jazz but I still don't get it. Maybe someone can fill me in? How limited is the parking?? My friend might give me a lift to marlay park is there a place where he can drop off and pick me up??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

As far as I know they allow parking in the back car park, the one up beside the M50. He'll be able to drop you off right outside the gig if he's not parking as the main road stays open right up and past the main entrance (Taylors Lane)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

how good is the bus service back into town , for someone who's not going to be trying to beat the crowd and leave early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

lbj666 wrote: »
    how good is the bus service back into town , for someone who's not going to be trying to beat the crowd and leave early.

Non existent. Leaving Slane in the rain is more enjoyable and that is saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I think what people have said in the past is that the best bet is probably to walk to the luas at balally.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah that's about a 30 min walk.

If you do it right you should be in SSG from leaving the gig in under an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I left slightly early last year and I literally walked straight onto a shuttle bus, can only imagine it gets quite busy though if you wait until the very end.

• Advertisement

Is it definite Todd Terje is not bringing the rest of the Olsens with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭Nermal

My expectations have been raised far too high by the Chemical Brothers at Glastonbury last night.

Was a little disappointed it was only for an hour - will they play longer than that at Longitude?

Nermal wrote: »
    My expectations have been raised far too high by the Chemical Brothers at Glastonbury last night.

Was a little disappointed it was only for an hour - will they play longer than that at Longitude?

BBC arent allowed show the whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

Did all members of Chemical Brothers play Glastonbury or was it just one of them?

• Administrators Posts: 53,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

alizhee wrote: »
    I'll just start this with saying I've never been to Longitude or anywhere relatively close to Marlay Park at all. I've been going through many webpages on pointers how to get there, parking and all that jazz but I still don't get it. Maybe someone can fill me in? How limited is the parking?? My friend might give me a lift to marlay park is there a place where he can drop off and pick me up??

You are better getting dropped off a bit further away unless your friend likes waiting in traffic. Grange Road will be bumper to bumper. It's probably quicker to walk the last bit.

Car Parking is behind the park on College Road. There's plenty of space.

lc180 wrote: »
    Did all members of Chemical Brothers play Glastonbury or was it just one of them?

It looked like both of them

Synode wrote: »
    It looked like both of them

As far as I know it was just Tom Rowlands and then another guy doing the visuals? I think Ed Simons is in college or something and isn't touring this time around.

As far as I know it was just Tom Rowlands and then another guy doing the visuals? I think Ed Simons is in college or something and isn't touring this time around.

He could have specially shown up for Glastonbury, what with it being on tv and all.

It looks like Simons. Go to about 3:13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVC9YeqFuZ0

• Advertisement

Maybe he was there, but I thought I heard that only one of them would be touring and one or two people said in the Glastonbury thread last night that Ed wasn't there.

Advertisement