Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Yeh this article written only yesterday seems to say that he wasn't there and will not be on any of the current tour dates

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jun/28/chemical-brothers-been-together-longer-than-marriages

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Nermal wrote: »
    My expectations have been raised far too high by the Chemical Brothers at Glastonbury last night.

Was a little disappointed it was only for an hour - will they play longer than that at Longitude?

prob play hour and a half at longitude

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

What dance acts are on Sat/Sun aside from Caribou & Chems?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

kormak wrote: »
    What dance acts are on Sat/Sun aside from Caribou & Chems?
    Hudson Mohawke
    Daphni
    Le Galaxie
    John Daly
    Faune
    Kaytranada
    Cashmere Cat
    Brame
    Shane Linehan

Hudson Mohawke
    Daphni
    Le Galaxie
    John Daly
    Faune
    Kaytranada
    Cashmere Cat
    Brame
    Shane Linehan

Cheers Ghostdancer! The only ones out of that list I know are
    Hudson Mohawke, Daphni & Le Galaxie
    I'll check out the others... have to say it's a bit unimpressive. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭obriendj

That's a bit harsh

The chemical brothers are playing a small festival so its bound to have limited funding for other bands. You might find some new music on the day.

Who were you expecting to support?

obriendj wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh

The chemical brothers are playing a small festival so its bound to have limited funding for other bands. You might find some new music on the day.

Who were you expecting to support?

Is it? Out of those list of bands Ghostdancer quoted, who else is worth checking out?!
    I can only make Sat/Sun I'm afraid. Friday (of course) has the most tasteful acts:
    Todd Terje, SBTRKT, Little Dragon, etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Anyone know what time Hozier is headlining?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭obriendj

Is it? Out of those list of bands Ghostdancer quoted, who else is worth checking out?!
    I can only make Sat/Sun I'm afraid. Friday (of course) has the most tasteful acts:
    Todd Terje, SBTRKT, Little Dragon, etc...

Le Galaxie are an excellent live band and i have seen them several times but would be happy to go see them again and again. I can only make friday so going to miss them.

From what i have heard of Cashmere Cat i think is quite good.

my point is that if you have a massive band like Chemical brothers you can't expect a massive support set.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

That means you're gonna have a deadly weekend. :) It's always the acts you know little about that impress the most.

Kiasmos were the highlight of Body&Soul for me and I'd never really heard of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Will James Blake be on before Chemical Brothers? That's a bit of a nightmare - I've only heard a few of his songs which were all fairly downbeat. I vaguely remember a tent where a load of dance acts played when I went to Kraftwerk a few years back. Is it still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I'd say Hozier will probably be on around 9:30 or so on the Friday, for whoever asked. Lot's of good dance acts playing I think, Todd Terje, SBTRKT, Carl Craig, Kaytranada, Jeremy Undergroud, Daphni, Le Galaxie and of course the Chemical Brothers. Some good Irish talent on there too - Faune, Frank B, 4wrd Grad, Shane Linehan and DJ Deece are all very good. I'd imagine most of them will be playing down at the RBMA stage. I think the stage you're on about Synode could be the Heineken tent? I'd say the likes of Kaytranada, Todd Terje, Daphni and SBTRKT will all be in there but I don't think it's strictly for dance music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

I'd say Hozier will probably be on around 9:30 or so on the Friday, for whoever asked. Lot's of good dance acts playing I think, Todd Terje, SBTRKT, Carl Craig, Kaytranada, Jeremy Undergroud, Daphni, Le Galaxie and of course the Chemical Brothers. Some good Irish talent on there too - Faune, Frank B, 4wrd Grad, Shane Linehan and DJ Deece are all very good. I'd imagine most of them will be playing down at the RBMA stage. I think the stage you're on about Synode could be the Heineken tent? I'd say the likes of Kaytranada, Todd Terje, Daphni and SBTRKT will all be in there but I don't think it's strictly for dance music.

I'm guessing that's in the evening?

.ak wrote: »
    That means you're gonna have a deadly weekend. :) It's always the acts you know little about that impress the most.

Kiasmos were the highlight of Body&Soul for me and I'd never really heard of them.

This is true...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

I like the lineup this year but after the Sunday of it last year I wouldn't go back...long ass bus journey out there (which in fairness was made a lot better by the Marathon Bus Company guys allowing everyone to drink), a very exhaustive security check on the way in (only for guys I hasten to add, my friend who was carrying vodka in got waved through no bother), drink prices to turn you sober, the bar closing at ten on the dot, and having to miss Massive Attack headlining to get one of the last buses abhaile.

Plus side- Rudimental were class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Synode wrote: »
    Will James Blake be on before Chemical Brothers? That's a bit of a nightmare - I've only heard a few of his songs which were all fairly downbeat. I vaguely remember a tent where a load of dance acts played when I went to Kraftwerk a few years back. Is it still there?

Yep, still there! I'm thinking James Blake will probably be on in the Heineken tent (the one you mentioned) and not the main stage.

And for whoever asked, each headliner started at around 9.30 last year. Massive Attack were meant to go on a bit earlier as they had a longer set but they waited for it to be dark instead to make the most of their lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I could hear the gig in marlay from my back garden last nite. got me in the mood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

frantic190 wrote: »
    Yep, still there! I'm thinking James Blake will probably be on in the Heineken tent (the one you mentioned) and not the main stage.

And for whoever asked, each headliner started at around 9.30 last year. Massive Attack were meant to go on a bit earlier as they had a longer set but they waited for it to be dark instead to make the most of their lights.

James Blake is superb live though. A lot more tempo, bass and much livelier than he is on record. Or, at least he was at Electric Picnic in about 2011 when I saw him. It was something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Anyone know when the set times come out for the Sunday

Want to see Chemical Bros, Wolf Alice and Wild Beasts and hopefully no times clash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Has anyone heard details on the VIP tickets offered?

Ticketmaster has the blurb below but it's still confusing. I wonder where the seating area will be.
    Even a list of the VIP food and drink outlets would be nice.
    Exclusive access to VIP area
    • Indoor and outdoor seating area
    • Wide range of food and drink outlets
    • VIP toilets
    • Phone charging stations
    • Complimentary Wifi
    • Please note this area is over 18s only as alcohol is served

• Advertisement

Anyone know when the set times come out for the Sunday

Want to see Chemical Bros, Wolf Alice and Wild Beasts and hopefully no times clash

I think they came out on the Monday or Tuesday the week of it last year, so probably about a week from now. Chemical Brothers will 100% be on at around 9:30 on the main stage, so I doubt they would clash with either of the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I think they came out on the Monday or Tuesday the week of it last year, so probably about a week from now. Chemical Brothers will 100% be on at around 9:30 on the main stage, so I doubt they would clash with either of the other two.

cheers did not think so

Day off work following day so no legging it early to get last bus got to see all the set last year..........Massive Attack amazing. Hopefully Chemical Brothers can match it ...........Superstar DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Whats the ticket situation for this, is it likely to sell out, I'm hoping to get a Sunday ticket, but can't afford at the moment.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Whats the ticket situation for this, is it likely to sell out, I'm hoping to get a Sunday ticket, but can't afford at the moment.

No real idea but considering how heavy the advertising has been and the fact that I just picked up 2 tickets for the Sunday night - I wouldn't think it is anywhere near sold out.

Has anyone heard details on the VIP tickets offered?

Ticketmaster has the blurb below but it's still confusing. I wonder where the seating area will be.
    Even a list of the VIP food and drink outlets would be nice.

Complimentary WiFi...
    So loike goys, we can upload our selfie instantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

I can only go one of the days... Which do you think has the best of the electronic music acts? Basically I'm nearly decided on the Saturday just seeing if anyone can convince me otherwise

CWF wrote: »
    I can only go one of the days... Which do you think has the best of the electronic music acts? Basically I'm nearly decided on the Saturday just seeing of anyone can convince me otherwise

Guess what man! I'm sort of like you, only I can't go on the Friday and that to me is the best day for electronic music acts:

Todd Terje
    SBTRKT
    Carl Craig

to name a few...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Guess what man! I'm sort of like you, only I can't go on the Friday and that to me is the best day for electronic music acts:

Todd Terje
    SBTRKT
    Carl Craig

to name a few...

God damn you, giving me something to think about!!!

I'm the exact same as kormak, could only go one day and chose the Friday although that was mainly due to Todd Terje. The acts are so evenly spread out this year that there's not one stand out day really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Wonder if stage times will be released earlier than usual.

https://twitter.com/LeGalaxie/status/618423484939653120

Advertisement