Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭LostArt

Daphni!

But seriously, Hudson Mohawke should be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

.ak wrote: »
    I'm really just going for Caribou, but anyone else recommend must see acts for Saturday?

Hudson Mohawke. Check out Chimes, Thunderbay and TNGHT's Higher Ground (he is also half of TNGHT so plays a lot of their stuff). Highly produced electronic music with a heavy trap undercurrent.

Daphni is Caribou's more clubby vibed DJ side project. More than likely it will be a DJ set from him. Yes I Know and Ye Ye would be two of my favourites by him.

Le Galaxie usually put on a good show, their slot is a bit early this year mind you but should still be a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm a big Metronomy fan but they're awful live for some reason. Really boring.

I thought they were class at EP last year , tent was hoping .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I thought they were class at EP last year , tent was hoping .

Hoping they get better? :pac:

fd7fdfb6fd0b5af8650579ceda4501bc976f19c0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

really looking forward to this now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If we are getting a hot spell now its likely the other days will sell out, I'm hoping to get a Sunday ticket on the Friday, fingers crossed.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Anybody in the know know any hiphop artists on Sat? Haven't a clue about any of the acts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

yermandan wrote: »
    Anybody in the know know any hiphop artists on Sat? Haven't a clue about any of the acts

Hudson Mokawke has produced hip hop for the likes of Kanye so that's about as close as you'll get.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

Hi lads been to many picnics but going to my first longitude this year.. Can anyone give me an idea of the food they have up there? Is it your regular festival with all the stalls and a brilliant selection or will I be stuck paying 12 euro for a burger smaller than my hand and a couple of chips? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

Hi lads been to many picnics but going to my first longitude this year.. Can anyone give me an idea of the food they have up there? Is it your regular festival with all the stalls and a brilliant selection or will I be stuck paying 12 euro for a burger smaller than my hand and a couple of chips? Thanks

There's a Pie Minister stand, what more do you want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Can't seem to find the app in the Play Store for Android, where can it be downloaded from? Or do I need to open my eyes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Can't seem to find the app in the Play Store for Android, where can it be downloaded from? Or do I need to open my eyes :P

What did you search for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

OhHiMark wrote: »
    What did you search for?

Found it now, after I put 2015 in after Longitude :o

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

Weathers not looking good at all? Haven't been before wondering how bad will the ground get? Will Wellys be a must if it keeps raining?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Keruby

alphapa wrote: »
    Weathers not looking good at all? Haven't been before wondering how bad will the ground get? Will Wellys be a must if it keeps raining?

Yeah alphapa if the rain keeps up we will have a soft ground soup on our hands. Wellies are always the safest option, nothing worse than wet feet/losing your soft sole in a muck sink hole. It's a shame, I went to Longitude 2013 and the Friday was the most glorious day and I had high hopes of repeating that lazy Friday afternoon and sipping a beer on the grass in front of main stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

The ground was gonna get a bit soggy when hozier comes on stage anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 hannnah98

Is anyone getting the shuttle bus from the city to Marley park?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Got a Sunday ticket purely for Wolf Alice, god damn I love that band

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

hannnah98 wrote: »

Yeah I am. 2.30 on Saturday! Got it last year just the journey out and it was great... i arrived early and jumped on the a bus that was just about to depart. Not sure what the service on the way home is like thou!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Hudson Mohawke. Check out Chimes, Thunderbay and TNGHT's Higher Ground (he is also half of TNGHT so plays a lot of their stuff). Highly produced electronic music with a heavy trap undercurrent.

Daphni is Caribou's more clubby vibed DJ side project. More than likely it will be a DJ set from him. Yes I Know and Ye Ye would be two of my favourites by him.

Le Galaxie usually put on a good show, their slot is a bit early this year mind you but should still be a lot of fun.

Em Daphni is always a DJ set

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Is the red bull area an open air stage or tent ?

iancairns wrote: »
    Em Daphni is always a DJ set

Not standard DJ sets though, he wrote stuff as Daphni so he could live mix them in his DJ sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

hannnah98 wrote: »

I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Wondering about sneaking drink in. Will there be a full body search or just bags?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Wondering about sneaking drink in. Will there be a full body search or just bags?

Full body search last year but not for absolutely everyone. You could get lucky you could not!

Is the red bull area an open air stage or tent ?

Open air

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Literally cannot wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

how do weekend tickets work, do you've to bring ticket everyday (like retarded forbidden fruit 2013) or do they give wristbands?

Advertisement