Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

Anybody know what day Jungle will be on?

Confirmed for Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Longitude2.jpg?itok=bnFcseSz

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Caribou and alt-j are going to be on at the same time, aren't they?! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Damn Saturday doesn't really seem to have many of the bands I was hoping for.

Maybe I'm not familiar enough with the bands lower down on that day but there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of variety for Saturday. Is there any more rock bands there that I'm missing out on? (like Benjamin Booker or Drenge)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

The 3 best acts - Terje, Caribou and Chemical Brothers, all on 3 different days...

You bastards.

• Advertisement

Damn Saturday doesn't really seem to have many of the bands I was hoping for.

Maybe I'm not familiar enough with the bands lower down on that day but there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of variety for Saturday. Is there any more rock bands there that I'm missing out on? (like Benjamin Booker or Drenge)

I think Slaves are great. If you're into Rock/Punk kinda stuff at all I'd give them a listen. They're meant to be great live too.

roll wrote: »
    Caribou and alt-j are going to be on at the same time, aren't they?! :(

Yeah I hope this isn't a stupid question but acts billed on the same line aren't gonna be on at the same time are they? :?

AoifeBurke wrote: »
    I think Slaves are great. If you're into Rock/Punk kinda stuff at all I'd give them a listen. They're meant to be great live too.

Cheers! I'l give them a look, also the Bohicas seem like they might be decent.

Has anyone ever gone to a festival like this by themselves? Just wondering what it's like cause I'm gonna go whether friends are joining or not!

Has anyone ever gone to a festival like this by themselves? Just wondering what it's like cause I'm gonna go whether friends are joining or not!

I actually went on my own to this two years ago although I knew different people that were going to each of the various days so could meet up with them when I wanted usually. Plus I live down the road so was easy to get to.

However I did enjoy going around on my own and getting to see all the bands I wanted and not having to constantly keep track of people and stick with a group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Yeah I hope this isn't a stupid question but acts billed on the same line aren't gonna be on at the same time are they? :?

arent there a couple of stages?

roll wrote: »
    arent there a couple of stages?

Yeah there are, but acts billed on the same line are generally about the same popularity, so they might be on the same stage you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Usually at Longitude they stick all the biggest font acts on the main stage and the cultier acts headline elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Personal choice but looks like Friday is the day for me.

Really like Metronome and Catfish, and was big into the Vaccines a few years back. Hosier has been on my to see list for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

A lot of the acts I would have liked to see are fairly split up across the three days, which is bad for me as I can only afford to go for one day. Planned on going the day Todd Terje was playing all along but not many other acts appeal to me that day except for Metronomy, although I wouldn't be too familiar with a lot of acts who are playing on the Friday. Are there many more acts to be announced? Can't remember how many announcements there were in total last year. Hopefully still a good few acts to come for the RBMA stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Still a few for each day but nothing major left to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Alt-J and Catfish And The Bottlemen were the two bands I really wanted to see, so a bit disapointed they are on different days. Not much else on Saturday i'm interested in except for Years & Years, really like them so will probably go just for the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Anyone know roughly what time Chemical Brothers should be on at? And if I was to get down at 10:30 fifteen minutes before they stopped letting people in , reckon they would let me in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Last year the festival finished at 11, if you got there for 10:30 you would catch 30 mins of them max. Don't even know if they would let you in at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 catb

Going Friday and the only two i'm interested in are Catfish & The Bottlemen and Hozier, was hoping Wolf Alice would play Friday too but unfortunately they're Sunday :( Any recommendations on who I should go to see on Friday apart from the above mentioned? I've seen Wyvern Lingo but tbh not too keen...

Also is it worth my while going Sunday just for Wolf Alice? I'm not too familiar with any of the other acts music (and I'm also lazy when it comes to listening to new music) so what are the other acts like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

siblers wrote: »
    Alt-J and Catfish And The Bottlemen were the two bands I really wanted to see, so a bit disapointed they are on different days. Not much else on Saturday i'm interested in except for Years & Years, really like them so will probably go just for the Saturday.

Same as myself, plus Drenge on Sunday. If I was jammy enough to get all of them on 1 day I would certainly go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jhon_squigles

Anyone know if you can volunteer at Logitude this year? There's a thing on the page but it just says "coming soon"
    Also if anyone has ever volunteered at it before, any details would be great ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Any more updates coming for this anytime soon? The Saturday is lacking a bit at the moment I think.

Also, Years & Years look like they are down for the Saturday, but their tour dates say they play Ireland on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

Really looking forward to seeing the Chemical Brothers (for about the tenth time) but presumably they will be playing loads off their new album which is released around the time of Longitude I think

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Anyone know if you can volunteer at Logitude this year? There's a thing on the page but it just says "coming soon"
    Also if anyone has ever volunteered at it before, any details would be great ;)

There is very limited volunteer work at the day festivals, if looking for work, I would suggest the bars.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Longitude Festival

New acts just announced for Longitude 2015 including Le Galaxie, Josef Salvat, Leon Bridges and HÆLOS.
    Leading the way for the Red Bull Music Academy stage are Carl Craig, Cashmere Cat, John Daly, Hubie Davison, Jeremy Underground and more. po.st/Longitude2015Tix

11255830_832440880163885_4057649543212511290_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

some good names there.
    not too fussed on the top 3 names on Friday, so hopefully Carl Craig will be headlining that night on the RBMA stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

some good names there.
    not too fussed on the top 3 names on Friday, so hopefully Carl Craig will be headlining that night

According to Hotpress he is headlining the RBMA stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Saturday will sell out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What time does music normally start on the Friday?

Advertisement