Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2015

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Slim1996 wrote: »
    Danny Brown was crazy like the energy him and his DJ brought was crazy but could barely hear his mic

Kaytrayanada was life changing waited months to see him he caught my chain on stage and even returned it to me halfway through his set and got a photo and all at the end with him such a legend

Danny brown was one off the best all weekend , his dj had savage beats at the start and end when he was on his own . Anyone go to Hudson Mohawke or cashmere cat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Went Friday and Sat. Todd Terje, Le Galaxie and Caribou were highlights for me. Disappointed to miss Chemical Bros and Jose Gonzales but was sharing corporate tickets with a co-worker! First time at the festival and while I enjoyed the acts for the most part they weren't headliners and the sound at main stage especially was rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

I was only there on Saturday but 3 of the 5 bands I watched had dire sound. Vocals were being lost in the middle of the rest of the sound. Very disappointing.

Sound was poor on Friday as well. Went primarily for Catfish and the Bottlemen and Van was going mental about the sound. Pity because you could see they were giving it their all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Danny brown was one off the best all weekend , his dj had savage beats at the start and end when he was on his own . Anyone go to Hudson Mohawke or cashmere cat ?

Went to see Hudson Mohawke. Was banging, really good tunes... Went a little bit OTT towards the end tho! Ended up leaving actually, finished up messing about in the tx:fm tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I thought Todd Terje was great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Went the weekend.

Carl Craig - started off pretty banging, C2s remix of caribou, some great tunes in there and then just gotta bit boring. seemed like a cocky prick too haha.

Todd Terje - Was really excited for this, was okay I thought, think I would have loved the live band. His song selection was a bit weird. Started off really good w/hot chip remix, spiral etc. then he slowed it down and brought it back up.

SBTRKT - a surprise. absolutely brilliant, didn't think their sound would resonate well live. but were fantastic highlight of the friday.

Saturday -

Was mainly at main stage -

Le Galaxie - Were fantastic, nice chilled atmosphere they brought, good presence

Jungle - good. but sound was terrible

Caribou - I thought were absolute pants. and I really like Caribou. but I just couldn't get into it. the sound was also terrible.

Hudson Mohawke - Incredible. Really really good. even when he went a tad spin disco with his Darren Styles tracks.

Sunday -

Danny Brown - as everyone said above amazing stage presence, DJ was incredible. the energy in general was insane. crowd + performer.

Chemical Brothers - exceeded all my expectations and more. they put on some show. I think I spent more time looking at the lazers on the trees.

Slim1996 wrote: »
    Danny Brown was crazy like the energy him and his DJ brought was crazy but could barely hear his mic

Kaytrayanada was life changing waited months to see him he caught my chain on stage and even returned it to me halfway through his set and got a photo and all at the end with him such a legend

how busy was Kaytranada?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

Was at this all weekend and had a ball.
    Friday:
    Carl Craig - was pretty good, got in just as he played his remix of Caribou and it was a nice way to ease into the weekend, he took it up a few notches though and was playing some really good house/techno. Best track he played was the new Chemical Brothers one. Wouldnt have killed him to smile once in a while though
    Todd Terje - was really good but the sound wasnt great, I was to the right of the stage and a good bit back. Could only really hear the bass and not really the synths, Inspector Norse was great though
    Hozier - watched the first half of the show, saw him last year and he was brilliant but thats coz he was on at 3 in the day. Dont think he's headline material. He brought out some bird and they started singing ballads, might have been good in Vicar St or the Olympia but not mainstage at a festival.
    SBTRKT - headed into see these instead of the end of Hozier and really enjoyed them

Saturday:
    Jungle: thought they were really good. Will have a look for their album on the back of their performance
    Caribou: was at the side of the stage for them over by the Desperados bar so couldnt really pass judgement but sounded pretty good.
    Hudson Mohawke: Was really excited about seeing him and he didnt disappoint. Loved pretty much all of his set, love that trap/thizz stuff he does. Agree though that the hardstyle he dropped towards the end was sh!te

Sunday:
    Mumdance: really enjoyed his set although when he was playing all that grime the youngsters who had been dancing since Friday afternoon to house didnt know what to make of it :D Was great to hear some of his own stuff live
    Caught the very end of Danny Brown, well just his dj. Thought he didnt show up or something but the 5/10 mins I saw of him was brilliant.
    Chemical Brothers: Was waiting all weekend to see these, actually Ive been waiting about 6 years to see them and they lived up to the hype (the hype I had been dishing out to my girlfriend). The lightshow really takes your breath away, have seen them about 6/7 times and they get better each time. Highlight for me was the new edit of Elektrobank with that goblin looking guy on the phone. I just stood there open mouthed for the whole thing. Unreal. Galvanize was some way to end the show too, absolutely banging version of it. Amazing end to a great weekend.

Also I my girlfriend drove so I was in bed at half 11 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Wolf Alice were awesome, best act of the weekend for me

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Went the weekend.

Carl Craig - started off pretty banging, C2s remix of caribou, some great tunes in there and then just gotta bit boring. seemed like a cocky prick too haha.

Todd Terje - Was really excited for this, was okay I thought, think I would have loved the live band. His song selection was a bit weird. Started off really good w/hot chip remix, spiral etc. then he slowed it down and brought it back up.

SBTRKT - a surprise. absolutely brilliant, didn't think their sound would resonate well live. but were fantastic highlight of the friday.

Saturday -

Was mainly at main stage -

Le Galaxie - Were fantastic, nice chilled atmosphere they brought, good presence

Jungle - good. but sound was terrible

Caribou - I thought were absolute pants. and I really like Caribou. but I just couldn't get into it. the sound was also terrible.

Hudson Mohawke - Incredible. Really really good. even when he went a tad spin disco with his Darren Styles tracks.

Sunday -

Danny Brown - as everyone said above amazing stage presence, DJ was incredible. the energy in general was insane. crowd + performer.

Chemical Brothers - exceeded all my expectations and more. they put on some show. I think I spent more time looking at the lazers on the trees.

In fairness, I don't think Caribou were terrible, but the sound was just awful. Their set is pretty micro-managed, it's not like they can be bad or good, it really boils down to the sound.

• Advertisement

Mcbumhole wrote: »
    Was at this all weekend and had a ball.
    Friday:
    Carl Craig - was pretty good, got in just as he played his remix of Caribou and it was a nice way to ease into the weekend, he took it up a few notches though and was playing some really good house/techno. Best track he played was the new Chemical Brothers one. Wouldnt have killed him to smile once in a while though
    Todd Terje - was really good but the sound wasnt great, I was to the right of the stage and a good bit back. Could only really hear the bass and not really the synths, Inspector Norse was great though
    Hozier - watched the first half of the show, saw him last year and he was brilliant but thats coz he was on at 3 in the day. Dont think he's headline material. He brought out some bird and they started singing ballads, might have been good in Vicar St or the Olympia but not mainstage at a festival.
    SBTRKT - headed into see these instead of the end of Hozier and really enjoyed them

Saturday:
    Jungle: thought they were really good. Will have a look for their album on the back of their performance
    Caribou: was at the side of the stage for them over by the Desperados bar so couldnt really pass judgement but sounded pretty good.
    Hudson Mohawke: Was really excited about seeing him and he didnt disappoint. Loved pretty much all of his set, love that trap/thizz stuff he does. Agree though that the hardstyle he dropped towards the end was sh!te

Sunday:
    Mumdance: really enjoyed his set although when he was playing all that grime the youngsters who had been dancing since Friday afternoon to house didnt know what to make of it :D Was great to hear some of his own stuff live
    Caught the very end of Danny Brown, well just his dj. Thought he didnt show up or something but the 5/10 mins I saw of him was brilliant.
    Chemical Brothers: Was waiting all weekend to see these, actually Ive been waiting about 6 years to see them and they lived up to the hype (the hype I had been dishing out to my girlfriend). The lightshow really takes your breath away, have seen them about 6/7 times and they get better each time. Highlight for me was the new edit of Elektrobank with that goblin looking guy on the phone. I just stood there open mouthed for the whole thing. Unreal. Galvanize was some way to end the show too, absolutely banging version of it. Amazing end to a great weekend.

Also I my girlfriend drove so I was in bed at half 11 :P

Weirdly similar music choices!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Danny Brown mustve been on stage for 30 minutes max?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah about that, fairly rattles through the songs during that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The DJ was fun like but I still felt a bit short changed.

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Weirdly similar music choices!
    :eek:

Wanna be friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,307 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I know this is a bit of a random request and a long shot, but does anyone still have their ticket stub for this? Ideally the Saturday but will take any! I like to collect the stubs of gigs I go to, but ticketmaster never sent my ticket out and had to print off the version last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

FitzShane wrote: »
    I know this is a bit of a random request and a long shot, but does anyone still have their ticket stub for this? Ideally the Saturday but will take any! I like to collect the stubs of gigs I go to, but ticketmaster never sent my ticket out and had to print off the version last minute.

They took our tickets off us when we were going through and threw them in the bin, assume it was the same for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Yeh I asked could he rip it and give me back my stub and he said no

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭Shedite27

They took our tickets off us when we were going through and threw them in the bin, assume it was the same for everyone.
    Yeah, there's a recycle bin with 30,000 tickets in it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,307 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah, there's a recycle bin with 30,000 tickets in it somewhere.

better get digging!

thanks anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

You can email festival Republic and they might post you out one

There was a scam going when I was in Poland at the Euros where guys would stand outside the grounds after the game and ask for peoples stubs. This was so they could cut out the hologram and use it on counterfeit tickets

Advertisement