Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

If they haven't sold out. No way of knowing if they will sell out or not beforehand but it doesn't seem to be close yet just from looking at their social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Ok thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Stage times announced today or tomorrow hopefully so I can plan my timetable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Thought you were stating a fact rather than a wish there ya bastard! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Saw that longitude festival on Twitter replied to someone saying the stage times will be announced later in the week. That's kinda ridiculous, how can we plan transport ahead of time so we don't miss acts we want to see if they leave it late? :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

It was the tuesday last year so fingers crossed for tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Saw that longitude festival on Twitter replied to someone saying the stage times will be announced later in the week. That's kinda ridiculous, how can we plan transport ahead of time so we don't miss acts we want to see if they leave it late? :/

it's my one major gripe with festivals in general - there seems to be little regard for this exact situation!! I know there is a little bit of shuffling with acts confirming times and so forth, but it's not like they're about to sit down tomorrow and start planning times. Even if they just released a preliminary version earlier in the week we could have an idea.

Hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday. Coming from Cork here so it makes a bit of a difference for buses, etc.

Dreading clashes , sat is my fav day line up wise . Looks like weather won't be great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Think it was announced on the Thursday the year before? Not ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 27 catb

Yeah, I think that it was Thursday last year too, I remember it being quite late into the week anyway.

A bit ridiculous that they said they're releasing the times "later in the week" when the festival itself is later in the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 ICanMakeSound

Official app is being released at 10am tomorrow. Most likely timetable will be released at the same time.
    Three, unveils Longitude’s new mobile app designed to help festival goers get the most out of their weekend in Marlay Park. Three and Longitude have married their knowledge of technology and music to improve the festival experience by creating a hub for all elements of the weekend, from stage times to customisable festival line-ups.

Three developed ‘My Festival’ to streamline how music fans will plan their weekend. ‘My Festival’ is one of the most exciting innovations for music fans this summer. Detailing the line-up by time, stage, artist and location, app users can ‘favourite’ who they want to see and have their choices collated into one area for simple access, offering personalised reminders when an act is about to start.

The app offers a wide range of exciting features to customise their weekend including a ‘News’ section of the app, so festival goers can keep up-to-date with all the action in real time, while the ‘About’ page will provide all necessary travel, ticketing and charging info music fans need for a stress-free weekend. Also on the app will be ‘Map’ feature to make stages easier to find. Those who are snapping from their phone all weekend can see all of their photos within the app as a ‘PhotoWall’ feature will collate all images using the hashtag #Longitude2015 into one place to capture all the action.

Finally, the Longitude app will play host to 3Deck. This year, for the first time, Three has partnered with Maser, one of Ireland’s most exciting visual artists, to give music fans the ‘best the view in the house’ with ‘3Deck’, a custom-built viewing platform in front of the main stage. Music fans can access 3Deck through Three’s own rewards app, 3Plus, where festival goers can book their favourite act’s time slot two hours before, to secure the top spot.

The official Longitude Festival app, powered by Three, will be available on iPhone and Android this Wednesday, July 15th at 10am

What time does the last act normally stop ? Arranging lifts home for each night

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ICanMakeSound

What time does the last act normally stop ? Arranging lifts home for each night

It will be over at 10.45pm approx each night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Official app is being released at 10am tomorrow. Most likely timetable will be released at the same time.

Yeah, they're releasing timetables tomorrow at 10am along with the new app. They got back to me on Facebook.

"We will be releasing them tomorrow at 10am along with our festival app."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

They really should be announcing this stuff weeks in advance, I certainly wouldn't buy a ticket until I know what I'll be able to see and what I'll have to miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Beaten to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

adrian522 wrote: »
    They really should be announcing this stuff weeks in advance, I certainly wouldn't buy a ticket until I know what I'll be able to see and what I'll have to miss.

You'd be running the risk of the gig selling out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It's a risk I'm willing to take given I'm not that excited about it, I'm pretty much 50/50 on going but I'd want to know what the clashes are first. If I desperately wanted to go I guess I'd buy tickets either way.

The suspicion is that they don't want to put people off buying tickets but I'd much prefer to know in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

A69HUnc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bolsey

Saturday is going to sell out in the morning roughly so I heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Bolsey wrote: »
    they're unavailable now on ticketmaster so could be already gone.
    the other days are still on sale though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Bolsey wrote: »

Gone already

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Times are on the App for anybody going to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Main Stage
    Friday:
    15:00 - Wyvern Lingo
    16:15 - Catfish
    17:30 - Little Dragon
    18:45 - Metronomy
    20:00 - Vaccines
    21:30 - Hozier

Saturday
    14:00 - Neon Wolf
    14:45 - Years and Years
    16:00 - La Galaxie
    17:15 - Glass Animals
    18:30 - Jungle
    19:45 - Caribou
    21:30 - AltJ

Sunday
    14:45 - Jennifer Evans
    16:00 - Jose Gonzales
    17:15 - Everything Everything
    18:30 - Wild Beasts
    19:45 James Blake
    21:30 - Chemical Brothers

BTW, absolutely disgusting app, the lineup laid out in not chronological order!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Main Stage
    Friday:
    15:00 - Wyvern Lingo
    16:15 - Catfish
    17:30 - Little Dragon
    18:45 - Metronomy
    20:00 - Vaccines
    21:30 - Hozier

Saturday
    14:00 - Neon Wolf
    14:45 - Years and Years
    16:00 - La Galaxie
    17:15 - Glass Animals
    18:30 - Jungle
    19:45 - Caribou
    21:30 - AltJ

Sunday
    14:45 - Jennifer Evans
    16:00 - Jose Gonzales
    17:15 - Everything Everything
    18:30 - Wild Beasts
    19:45 James Blake
    21:30 - Chemical Brothers

BTW, absolutely disgusting app, the lineup laid out in not chronological order!

If you click into the By Stage breakdown, then back to By Time it goes to chronological order. I agree, pretty poor design.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The more I look at the acts & stage times on Saturday, I'm sickened I bought a Saturday ticket and not a Sunday one. Only did it at the time really cos I thought I wouldn't get the time off work. 2 out of the 3 acts I wanted to see the most are clashing early in the day!

Anyways, here's to making the most of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

OhHiMark wrote: »
    If you click into the By Stage breakdown, then back to By Time it goes to chronological order. I agree, pretty poor design.
    Cheers, yeah that's a little better, shows the entire festival in chronological order. Bizzare that you can't just see a particular stage lineup in chronological order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Does anyone know if Pusha T pulled out? Can't see him on the lineup?

Shocking clashes for Me every day

Young fathers and metronomy are on same time Friday

Hudmo and alt j same time sat

Chemical brothers and kaytranda same time sunday
    😫😢😫

• Advertisement

I don't see pusha T on the app at all , hope he hasn't pulled out off it

Advertisement