Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Shedite27 wrote: »
    This be the Grammy award nominated Hozier yeah?

Typical Irish begrudger

In all fairness, Grammys have no credibility whatsoever.

I don't really have an opinion on Hozier, I've never really listened to him. Take Me to Church is a pretty decent song but I wouldn't be using the fact that he's been nominated for a Grammy as any sort of reason to say he's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Personally not a fan of Hozier but I would consider him a decent headliner, as others are saying a lot of casual music fans love him and will see his name as a big attraction, certainly more so than a lot of the other acts playing, it is a mainstream festival after all. I was walking back to the campsite just before he began at EP, the crowd swarming in for his show was unbelievable, must have been one of the biggest crowds of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Nope, biggest crowd of the weekend was undoubtedly for Outkast, I never seen the main stage area as wedged in my life.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nope, biggest crowd of the weekend was undoubtedly for Outkast, I never seen the main stage area as wedged in my life.

Yea was fairly wedged for them indeed. I think they pretty much said Hozier got a headline size crowd .

I have to say Hozier is fairly decent (and was great at EP) plus imo its great to see Irish acts with talent doing well for themselves by working hard instead of being manufactured or done a tv show. Im really looking forward to catching him at Slane too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Saruwatari wrote: »
    As by-the-book as lineup gets. Pure chancers putting that gob****e Hozier as a headliner.

I don't begrudge his success, it's simple, mainstream and catches a good crowd. Fair play to him.

But I wouldn't have him as a headliner. The rest of the lineup is ridicously good.
    TheChemical Brothers, Wild Beasts and Alt-J are top artists.

SBTRKT and Caribou are pretty much up there as well.

Most of those artists played across Ireland last year. I'll probably go to one day but it's a pain with all the traveling and then getting to Marlay is a nightmare. That is a negative for me it's fine for folks that live in Dublin.

My plan was just EP but this lineup is just too tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yea was fairly wedged for them indeed. I think they pretty much said Hozier got a headline size crowd .

I have to say Hozier is fairly decent (and was great at EP) plus imo its great to see Irish acts with talent doing well for themselves by working hard instead of being manufactured or done a tv show. Im really looking forward to catching him at Slane too

Hozier went to Caroline Desmond's (of MCD) kid's school. Fair enough, she caught him at a school talent show but don't try and say he had no backing.

She now manages him, no doubt she's a heavyweight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Should it not be The Chemical Brother rather than brothers, as its only one touring kinda like Leftfield in 2010 EP and RockNess.

Is this official? Surely it will be both of them?

Anybody any idea what kinda show the Chems are currently doing? I preferred their earlier live shows....more of a rock and dance vibe rather than the more techno trance show of the Don't Think tour.

Very tempted to pick up a Sunday ticket just for them though, been a few years since I saw them last.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is this official? Surely it will be both of them?

Anybody any idea what kinda show the Chems are currently doing? I preferred their earlier live shows....more of a rock and dance vibe rather than the more techno trance show of the Don't Think tour.

Very tempted to pick up a Sunday ticket just for them though, been a few years since I saw them last.

http://www.mxdwn.com/2014/11/19/news/ed-simons-says-he-will-quit-touring-with-the-chemical-brothers/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Bummer. More here http://www.factmag.com/2014/11/17/ed-simons-is-no-longer-playing-the-chemical-brothers-live-shows/

Ah well! I suppose it's not the same loss as most, Tom will be more than able to run the live show himself.

Bummer. More here http://www.factmag.com/2014/11/17/ed-simons-is-no-longer-playing-the-chemical-brothers-live-shows/

Ah well! I suppose it's not the same loss as most, Tom will be more than able to run the live show himself.

1 man, 2 buttons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

For people thinking of going to this the expression ´Fools are easily parted with their money´comes to mind.

Seriously what a crap line up. Especially Hozier headlining :confused::confused:
    That´ll be a lively end to the evening. He´s playing support for the Foo Fighters in an afternoon slot....and that´s where he belongs I reckon.

It's a bit arrogant to call someone a "fool" for having different music taste, don't you think? Wild Beasts, Slaves, Wolf Alice, and Young Fathers are all great live acts in my opinion and I'm looking forward to seeing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Shedite27 wrote: »
    This be the Grammy award nominated Hozier yeah?

Typical Irish begrudger
    Unless the person you're quoting dislikes every successful music act this comment makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

AoifeBurke wrote: »
    It's a bit arrogant to call someone a "fool" for having different music taste, don't you think? Wild Beasts, Slaves, Wolf Alice, and Young Fathers are all great live acts in my opinion and I'm looking forward to seeing them.

I never said that people who have different tastes in music to me are fools.

What I meant was that there are too many fools in Ireland who are willing to hand over a lot of money for tickets to festivals with very mediocre line ups.

Yes there are some good acts scheduled for longitude. But not enough of them in my opinion. My point is that Hozier is an act I might go to see on a quiet Wednesday evening for 20 quid. But not as one of the main headliners at a major summer festival. But if that rocks your boat sure go on ahead.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What I meant was that there are too many fools in Ireland who are willing to hand over a lot of money for tickets to festivals with very mediocre line ups.

Yes there are some good acts scheduled for longitude. But not enough of them in my opinion. My point is that Hozier is an act I might go to see on a quiet Wednesday evening for 20 quid. But not as one of the main headliners at a major summer festival. But if that rocks your boat sure go on ahead.

That can only be your own opinion(which you are totally entitled to) , Some people may see it as a great line up and will be glad to pay €€€ for a ticket. So its not fair to call them fools because its all down to peoples different tastes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

That can only be your own opinion(which you are totally entitled to) , Some people may see it as a great line up and will be glad to pay €€€ for a ticket. So its not fair to call them fools because its all down to peoples different tastes

Ok fair enough.

It is my opinion that people who think it is a great line up are fools.
    Just my opinion mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

I just don't see how people willing to pay to see acts they like are fools.

For an initial line-up I think it's very solid but I digress.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Any idea when the 2nd phase of acts gets announced? The day by day probably wouldn't be until then as well I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Can't seem to edit my post for some reason. But just had a look at last year. First announcement was roughly this time last year, 2nd announcement with a good few more acts was 7th February. Rudimental, Massive Attack and The 1975 was the first week of March and about 35 more lesser known bands got announced in May. So that's the time frame really.

The day by day breakdown was on the 6th May as well.

I'll be heading to this regardless though because last year I discovered some new acts that were actually the highlight for me more so than the acts I went there to see. Brilliant festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Maybe I'm being incredibly slow, but just saw there on Ticketmaster that the headliners for each night are announced.

Friday: Hozier
    Saturday: Alt-J
    Sunday: Chemical Brothers

Good move if they got to chose. Saturday will be the most in-demand day being a Saturday, but Hozier and Chemical Brothers will sell plenty of tickets regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

for O2 presale text LONG to 51020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Shedite27

€150 for a 3-day ticket.
    €60 for any one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

can Longitude get any of these ya reckon?
    http://www.tinthepark.com/line-up.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

that undercard is very tasty now.

the additions:
    James Blake
    The Vaccines
    METRONOMY
    Pusha T
    Todd Terje
    Danny Brown
    Glass Animals
    Everything Everything
    Toro y Moi
    Daphni
    Jose Gonzalez
    Catfish and the Bottlemen
    Years & Years
    Ibeyi
    Benjamin Booker
    Tove Lo
    The Districts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I have my Sunday ticket already. Any idea when the day by day lineup comes out?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Going on the Sunday too. I'm primarily going for the Chemical Bros, and for some festival craic, but if Everything Everything, Vaccines or Jose gonzalez are playing I will be very happy .

can't remember when they announce the day by day breakdown, will be waiting with bated breath

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Sweet. Missed Districts and Metronomy at EP last year and Benjamin Booker was great. Hopefully they show up on the Saturday but probably wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭eldest200

Are the Vaccines likely to play on the Saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭lc180

eldest200 wrote: »
    Are the Vaccines likely to play on the Saturday?

About a 1 in 3 chance I'd say

Advertisement