Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar comes out as gay

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

SILVAMAN wrote: »
    As long time oncology patient, I've experienced both public and private care.
    I spent a year in and out of the Mater Private and everything ran like clockwork-you were scheduled for something like an x-ray, wheeled out, and within 10-5 minutes were being worked upon. NO rescheduling or waiting about.
    During my treatment when I was allowed home, "down the country", I had on several occasions to go to the local public emergency room where the staff were of as high a standard as in the private hospital. But there was always a hiccup-a test could not be done because someone was on a break or simply could not be found, to the frustration of the medical staff. I specifically remember the radiologist being paged for over a 1/2 hour, and on the other side of the curtains in ER heard one nurse ask "what's taking her so long?" and the other whisper back "she went up town to do some messages".
    That's the bull**** I'm referring to-certain people not pulling their weight.
    Let me pose another question: How come I can prioritise my health insurance payment as an absolute necessity, and always have done, and then decide on non-essential expenditure like a holiday or something else? It's about people taking a little personal responsibility for themselves and not expecting the rest of us to carry them.
    If Varadkar can sort the HSE out, he deserves our undying gratitude and a full state pension for life.

Could part of the difference not be down to the fact that you were scheduled for the matter private but you weren't scheduled at the other places?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

Thats some fierce rhetoric right there. BOO public sector!

No its not a bashing of the public sector.
    It's pointing out that when you work for a private company, you have to be productive, but with little or no sanction in state bodies, it can be a cushy number if you're dishonest enough not to give it your all.
    And for this I blame the unions, and the attitude can be seen when a private company goes to the Labour Court, and even where the employee is at fault, the company usually has to compensate the worker.
    Here's a classic case, though fortunately the company appealed to the Circuit Court where common sense prevailed
    http://www.tjos.ie/news/judge-quashes-decision-award-employee-e8000/

I realise I've gone off topic here, but as I think Varadkar's decision to come out has nothing to do with deflecting attention from the shambles that is the HSE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭DeJa VooDoo

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Oh darlings im back. And I wont deny that it does amuse me somewhat to find that I appear to have attained the status of legend on AH if only amongst a coven of tired bored old queens.I'll probably retire my username soon and you can continue to tearfully reminisce throughout your seemingly endless hours trawling yhe Boards about the apparently hysterically funny combo of Iona (never mentioned.it but I think pope is actually a member) tampons egg mayonnaise and kissing. Farewell then I hope someday you find the online homophobe you seem to long to spend hours goading. Alas it wasn't me. Don't give up hope. The sun'll come out, tomorrow.

It's a pity you felt the need to close your account because of the condescending and smart arsed comments of people who spend their time on here arguing for equality and tolerance.
    Equality on their terms it seems, no other opinion is valid.

The hypocrisy of these people is astounding.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

What he said on the radio today is in total contradiction to this yet again. If you watch the video very closely, the staggering statement at 0:45, you'll see that.

Advertisement