Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unofficial GBBR Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Could be the feeding lips and spring in the mag as soon as the tention is released by a round being picked up by the bolt and the feed lips are probably worn or too flexible and when the spring try's to feed more bb's to the top of the mag and is forcing them out the top of the mag.

Alternatively the hop could be too tight and it stops firing because the loose bb's stop the bolt from travelling forward and resetting the internals for the next shot.

Other than that I would bring it back to MIA and say show me that it F*king works

Just to see if I can find anything, what version is it? I think they released version 1 through 3.

WE had 3
    GHK had 2 the only differnce being one came with has mag and the other Co2 so he likely has the v1

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

Jsmurff wrote: »
    WE had 3
    GHK had 2 the only differnce being one came with has mag and the other Co2 so he likely has the v1

Evidence to the contrary =P http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ghk-pdw-gas-blowback-rifle-ver-3-1.html#.VLwIwyusVOk

Huh maybe WE had two? A closed bolt and an open bolt version?

Would I be right in assuming the following about GHK?
    V1. Teething problems with internals, gas mag, not trades on receiver.

V2. Better internals gas + Co2 mag, again no trades

V3. Better externals and internals with better cross compatibility choice of gas or co2 full trade marks?

Those are the only difference that I've heard of. Also I think someone told me once that V1 didn't have an adjustable hop unit

Huh maybe WE had two? A closed bolt and an open bolt version?

Would I be right in assuming the following about GHK?
    V1. Teething problems with internals, gas mag, not trades on receiver.

V2. Better internals gas + Co2 mag, again no trades

V3. Better externals and internals with better cross compatibility choice of gas or co2 full trade marks?

Those are the only difference that I've heard of. Also I think someone told me once that V1 didn't have an adjustable hop unit

Right so doing a bit more research, V3 is a bit of... a made up thing? I don't know. Apparently GHK said so.

Confusion is afoot.

• Advertisement

We'll seeing all systems are Asian based (or nearly all) things can get lost in translation much like gearbox's v2's and v3's aren't any better worse older or newer then each other they are just differnt types

I would say v1 no hop or trade
    V2 hop
    V3 hop + trades

We'll seeing all systems are Asian based (or nearly all) things can get lost in translation much like gearbox's v2's and v3's aren't any better worse older or newer then each other they are just differnt types

I would say v1 no hop or trade
    V2 hop
    V3 hop + trades

Makes sense. I think the newest version can also take the G5 mags too.

Yeah their mag are based on WA system so I would think its safe to say that there M4 mags are also cross compatible

Yeah their mag are based on WA system so I would think its safe to say that there M4 mags are also cross compatible

I think some of the mag wells are slightly different, so some modifications may be necessary.

Well there's that but the G5 mags are essentially pmag's (sortof) there was talk of using them on zero in forums but have yet to see a report on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

My gun is V1, with a fixed hop up. It looks brill compared to my aegs but just won't fire right. I'm fairly technically minded and have been airsofting for three years and so know a fair bit about aegs, gbb pistols but will admit I'm a complete noob at gbbr. I know I'm following the correct procedure for loading it and so there has to be an internal issue, despite MIA saying otherwise. It's my own fault but I let this go on too long and the gun is now out of warranty. My experience with MIA in the past has not been a good one and the only reason I bought this off them was that no one else was stocking them or couldn't order one in.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Your entitled to a repair .replacement or full refund .
    You have consumer rights that trump warranty

I googled PDW fixed hop problems and didn't find anything but I would say it's the fixed hop or your nozzle that's causing the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

Gatling wrote: »
    Your entitled to a repair .replacement or full refund .
    You have consumer rights that trump warranty

If it's out of warranty he might struggle to get MIA to accommodate him.

If I ran MIA, I'd certainly sort it out for Domane, regardless of warranty (given that it seems he did ask them to address the issue while it was in warranty).

We live in a time where a business can be destroyed in a very short time on the back of just a couple of comments online describing bad customer service.

The ramifications of descriptions and discussions among your customer community of poor customer service should be of far greater concern to a business than the threat of one small court customer claim.

If I were Domane, I'd give MIA a chance to demonstrate (as they claim) that the gun works. If it does, then get them to offer suggestions on what you might be doing wrong? Ask them to watch you operate the gun and tell you if there's a problem. If they can't get the gun to operate, ask them to fix it, preferably without charge (as you originally presented with the issue while in warranty).

If they won't help you without charging you, suck it up and pay them (or someone else) to fix it, and let the internet know.

A short story about a recent experience on Amazon UK:

I bought two DVDs back in November 2014 from a seller with virtually all 5-star positive ratings. First DVD took a month to arrive (allegedly by air mail - not sure how the plane stayed in the air if it took a month to fly from England to Ireland...), and the other DVD still hasn't arrived.

Apparently they had just changed their courier, who it seems let them down. Their ratings are now almost all 1/5, and they don't answer any of my emails. Amazon UK have yet to respond to me asking if the seller is even still trading.

Ratings (customer satisfaction) matter these days - customer has huge power...

I've heard a few issues out of that store. From what I understand the owner doesn't even have interest in airsoft just the business but if you have no interest in the area which in your operating how are you to operate efficiently as mark said you do so by listening to the customers feedback which other retailers do I was shocked to learn that they had 'awards' from Airsoft international yet no other retailer here had.

EDIT: anyway this isn't a retailer review thread so lets try get back to GBBR's

Can't wait to pick up that WA M16! Jealous much…

As much as I like the M14, I can't get into M16's >.< Whether it be the Vietnam style handguard or the fixed stock.

Now the new GHK AK's <3

As much as I like the M14, I can't get into M16's >.< Whether it be the Vietnam style handguard or the fixed stock.

Now the new GHK AK's <3

Well they are different breads to be fair but I would think it's easier to lug around an m16 then and m14 :P but that's just my humble opinion!

Yeah those GHK's are sexy as hell and by all accounts can take a beating infact one user on zero in said " This is a gun that demands you to be rough with it, and I mean Abi Titmus rough."

Source: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?220805-GHK-LCT-gk-105-(AK-105)-2012-GBBR

Most are around the £400 mark in the UK and it's £60 per has mag also retailers like milspec advise against their Co2 mags as they are having issues with the seals. But those polymer mags are pretty good.

Most are around the £400 mark in the UK and it's £60 per has mag also retailers like milspec advise against their Co2 mags as they are having issues with the seals. But those polymer mags are pretty good.

I know GHK used to have a problem with the AK's where it would go into full auto without pulling the trigger and dump the mag. CO2 would be preferable since it would be all-weather here.

But I'd be happy with a gas one =P

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Is anyone planning on going with HPA setups .seen a polestar kit been used in green zone a few weeks back was pretty impressed with it

Gatling wrote: »
    Is anyone planning on going with HPA setups .seen a polestar kit been used in green zone a few weeks back was pretty impressed with it

It looks like it solves a lot of problems, but I don't think I'd like a chunky canister cabled to my mags. Seems rather awkward.

• Advertisement

Yeah being teathered to your rif via a sling is one thing but a HPA hose that's just flapping about waiting to get caught on every branch, nail, screw, post, fencing and general obstacles is what puts me off

Nevermind that you will have to get a rif of good to high quality. The HPA mech wich is the price of a high end rif. The air tank. And last but not lease the hose an all the fixtures and fittings. That's allot of dough an time for one funcioning rif.

Too much faffing about for my liking but don't get me wrong I'd love to have one for the sh*t and giggles

Actually where would you get the tanks refilled or can you a compressor to do so?

I'm sure SodaStream would be happy to refill your tanks =P

I share the same fear that the tube would get damaged and there goes the gun for the day.

Although I would do it if it means I finally get a GBB Sten

I'm sure SodaStream would be happy to refill your tanks =P

I share the same fear that the tube would get damaged and there goes the gun for the day.

Although I would do it if it means I finally get a GBB Sten

In fairness the hose's are Teflon with a steel mesh layer between the Teflon outer and rubber inner so you would have to be a brute to do some serious damage I was more concerned with getting caught on something an flying back on my ass! :P

In fairness the hose's are Teflon with a steel mesh layer between the Teflon outer and rubber inner so you would have to be a brute to do some serious damage I was more concerned with getting caught on something an flying back on my ass! :P

I treat my guns rough. I don't have fun if I have treat them like they're made of glass. Knowing me I may accidentaly cause one of the ports to yank out and break the mechanism.

I actually went ahead and emailed Polarstar. Their M240 mechanism is so close to what the Sten needs, it may work with little modification.

Yes the m240 system has been modified for numerous models like the RS SVD and the A&K PKM I have heard of someone on zero in forums who modifies p* engines (at a cost obviously) I will read back over those forums and get back to you with a name or at least a point of contact

Got a response from Polarstar pretty quickly. +1 for their customer service, I'd say.

"Hi Mark,

Thank you for your interest! We currently do not have a system specifically designed to fit the Sten and, since it uses a proprietary gearbox, I am not sure if we would produce a system given the limited numbers of those guns on the market. However, the gearbox design looks very simple so it may be something which a system could easily be modified to fit into.

I would have you contact Bingo Airsoftworks. Bingo has performed many custom builds and specializes in fitting the Fusion Engine into rifles which it was not originally intended to fit. While we design our engines to fit into specific models without major modification, Bingo customizes both the rifle and engine to interface with each other. Given the simplistic design, I'm fairly confident he would be able to do something for you.

If you are interested in having your rifle customized by Bingo, please contact them through their website at www.bingoairsoftworks.com for more details."

Left names out for privacy reasons.

Yeah that's the guy the lads on zero in went to apperently he is "the guy" no word if anyone else

Minimum $150 dollars for it. It's possibly worth it...

That's just for the custom work alone I take it? You will have to send him the rif and the engine you know that right?

• Advertisement

I know about sending him the rif. I'm not too sure about the engine. Though I may be wrong.

Advertisement