Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expanse (Amazon) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Tony EH wrote: »
    I've heard nothing but good things about this show, despite never even knowing that it existed until a few weeks ago.

And just as I was about to start watching it, it gets cancelled.
    Watch it anyway, it's excellent and the books are also excellent so you will not miss out on the full story anyway.

Yep, definitely watch the first season at least. It's superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,011 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I'll probably give it a go when this series ends. If 3 ends on a cliffhanger, I mightn't bother though. Can't stand entire shows ending like that.

I'm assuming that it won't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Good to hear it's going to get a home, though would have preferred Netflix myself (if only cos I don't have Amazon and their IE catalogue is farcical)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ways and means bro, ways and means

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

corwill wrote: »
    "I am that guy."

Saw it coming a mile away, but it still satisfied!

So predictable but who cares, so great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

For some reason I thought tonight's episode was a season finale until I looked up to find it had 13 episodes. :)

Last weeks episode was like it was a penultimate episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

best sci fi show in years imo, just found out its not getting renewed :( yet we have 50 seasons of bloody vampire diaries ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

best sci fi show in years imo, just found out its not getting renewed :( yet we have 50 seasons of bloody vampire diaries ffs

They're in talks with Amazon who may take it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭opus

corwill wrote: »
    "I am that guy."

Saw it coming a mile away, but it still satisfied!

Yup me too but still loved the delivery :D

I'm a little behind in my viewing so only catching up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

opus wrote: »
    Yup me too but still loved the delivery :D

I'm a little behind in my viewing so only catching up now.

Amos is great, slightly different twist to the books, but am enjoying the performance.

Dominique Tipper has come into her own this season, imho. Yer wan who plays Drummer is good too. Really enjoyed David Strathairn's turn in latest episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭Talisman

Just been announced that Amazon are picking it up.

'The Expanse' Officially Revived for Season 4 at Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Hurrah!

However, I presume this also means it'll no longer be on Netflix which is unfortunate.

tenor.gif?itemid=7866516

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hurrah!

However, I presume this also means it'll no longer be on Netflix which is unfortunate.

They're losing good/big shows at an alarming rate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

They were never into Expanse anyway; they were months behind releasing each series after it aired, so I doubt they're losing much sleep over it.

I get the impression Netflix are really ramping up the 'own productions' angle, it seems to be their main driver lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

w6AAA.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 scorching hemorrhoids

its ok, nothing more ,nothing less, dont understand the hullabaloo about it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Now I have 2 reasons to keep prime video, this and Mr Robot. So who is going to show season 3 now? Netflix or Amazon?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭fitz

Now I have 2 reasons to keep prime video, this and Mr Robot. So who is going to show season 3 now? Netflix or Amazon?

You should check out Patriot on Prime, too. Excellent show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

I tore through all the books about a month ago, so am pretty aware of where the show is going, but holy f**k this show is still as suspenseful as it gets! Game of thrones is no patch on this in terms of how to adapt a book series. Ive always had an issue with the casting of Holden, but he really came into his own in this episode, and to be honest in the books he's also a bit of an irritating idealist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Omg wtf

they have pulled off an incredible reset in the last two episodes. last week was the first time i thought the pacing/tension dropped and that was necessary given the new characters and new trajectory but holy **** are they back up to 90 with the latest episode. this show just delivers every week./ relentless!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I’m calling it, best show on TV atm. It just consistently delivers every week. Im currently watching Legion and Westworld besides this atm but The Expanse is the one I most look forward to every week and that episode just confirmed it for me.I don’t think I’ve felt that edge of seat suspense feels since The Battle of the Bastards in GoT. More people need to watch this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Legion was a great first season, but I've found my interest flagging this time around, Westworld is awesome, but that's because you're waiting to see how the rug is pulled from under your expectations. This is just a serious, solid show. I really appreciated the very last few seconds of the most recent episode. I don't want to do spoilers, but a lesser show wouldn't have bothered with that.

Difference between this and Westwold is that actually enjoy watching this

Tristram wrote: »
    Omg wtf

they have pulled off an incredible reset in the last two episodes. last week was the first time i thought the pacing/tension dropped and that was necessary given the new characters and new trajectory but holy **** are they back up to 90 with the latest episode. this show just delivers every week./ relentless!
    The change in pace was necessary to wrap up story lines from book 2 and get the boilerplate stuff out of the way from book 3 so that the viewers could get to the high intensity rollercoaster. If you haven't read the book then brace yourself for a month of an awesome tv show.

I tore through all the books about a month ago, so am pretty aware of where the show is going, but holy f**k this show is still as suspenseful as it gets! Game of thrones is no patch on this in terms of how to adapt a book series. Ive always had an issue with the casting of Holden, but he really came into his own in this episode, and to be honest in the books he's also a bit of an irritating idealist.
    I gave up on Game of Thrones mid way through season 2 as I found the plot lines too predictable. I put it down to the fact that they had to squeeze in too much material into the series so the dialogue was weighted - new characters becoming central to plot lines was so obvious from their lines, and the plot line development followed a formula.

I think The Expanse is almost perfect, they sacrificed some stuff which could have improved the depth of the show but there are subtleties there that you may only pick up on having read the books because it isn't spoon fed to viewers in the dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

I absolutely adore this show!
    I am so delighted that Amazon have backed them and have made sure this show doesn't die like other shows with huge potential like Firefly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Am I going mad or is Naomi's accent all over the place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Squaredude wrote: »
    Am I going mad or is Naomi's accent all over the place?

I thought it was because she speaks like a belter when with belters and less so when with people from earth

Advertisement