Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Seahawks vs Packers gone to OT. Mental ending to normal time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Seahawks vs Packers gone to OT. Mental ending to normal time.

I stopped watching in the 2nd half at 16-0, what happened from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

You'd swear somebody scripts some of these NFL games. Incredible stuff. Wilson had a QB rating of zero in the first half.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

God damn Seattle. Phenomenal ending for them but ugh

I stopped watching in the 2nd half at 16-0, what happened from there?

16 points in about a minute and then scored a TD on the first OT drive.

Just not a clue what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Didn't know Pete Carroll is 63 years old. You could easily believe he was 15 years younger than that, except for the fact he was at USC so long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Green Bay imploded though. Have to feel sorry for Rodgers even though he was far from perfect. The two point conversion hail mary was the crucial moment.

If I end up losing the fantasy final to Buer AND see the Hawks win again...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Gah, had backed the unders on both games tonight, thought all was home and hosed...

Bah I'll keep on track with the NFL Fantasy next year. I've really gotten into NFL recently and tonight was awesome!

• Advertisement

It's bizarre that the owner gets presented with the trophy. Mourad might get ideas...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Although spare a thought (or a hearty 'haw haw') for those on the bandwagon...

B7qywWdCAAAnPj8.jpg

P_1 wrote: »
    Although spare a thought (or a hearty 'haw haw') for those on the bandwagon...

B7qywWdCAAAnPj8.jpg

Early leavers? :pac:

Bah I'll keep on track with the NFL Fantasy next year. I've really gotten into NFL recently and tonight was awesome!

That's what I say every year. Unfortunately the Bucs are terrible and every year I remember that around the end of September and decide to shelve my interest in the sport until next season...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

That was insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I've never seen such a dominant team lose. The rugby equivalent would be if Munster came back from 26-3 down against Saracens. It just shouldn't happen.

I only tuned in because RUWT bot emailed me to tell me. Was only planning on watching Pats-Colts

http://areyouwatchingthis.com/

I recommend this to fans of American sports, god I wish there was a rugby equivalent.

Why must UFC always be on at ridiculous O'Clock

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Podge_irl wrote: »
    If I end up losing the fantasy final to Buer AND see the Hawks win again...

If Leinster get smashed next week, if Dublin go out in the opening round of the Championship, if McGregor gets destroyed in his title fight, if Ireland finish bottom of the 6N......

I will always have the 2015 Boards.ie Rugby Forum FF Title. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Why must UFC always be on at ridiculous O'Clock

I just set my alarm for 4:30, fell out of bed, watched it, back to bed.

Good stuff from McGregor. In his previous fights you could say he's been lucky with some of his TKO's, but in this he absolutely dominated Siver. Walked him around the ring just inflicted pain with every strike, those headshots were something else though, he seems to be silly accurate for an MMA fighter, he never winces or closes his eyes going into contact, which makes a counter-strike almost impossible, especially with his reach. Fair play to Siver though, as he really should've gone down in the first round but he kept his feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

So what's the plan now? I assume he gets the title fight that has been promised. Will it be in Dublin and, if so, are we talking stadium event?

Buer wrote: »
    So what's the plan now? I assume he gets the title fight that has been promised. Will it be in Dublin and, if so, are we talking stadium event?

No, pretty sure the UFC confirmed he'd get the title fight if he beat Siver and it'd be in Vegas. Which is probably fair enough, considering home advantage. Pity as he'd sell out the Aviva easily I reckon.

How would a fight at Croke Park or the Aviva work if it pissed rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

How would a fight at Croke Park or the Aviva work if it pissed rain?

They usually have a canvas awning over the ring I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

durkadurka wrote: »
    They usually have a canvas awning over the ring I think

Yeah, they've done it for other stadiums with no cover.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

This **** is utterly mental. How many people here are now on terror watch lists, I wonder... http://www.techspot.com/news/57316-nsa-classifies-linux-journal-readers-tor-and-tails-linux-users-as-extremists.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

.ak wrote: »
    I just set my alarm for 4:30, fell out of bed, watched it, back to bed.

Good stuff from McGregor. In his previous fights you could say he's been lucky with some of his TKO's, but in this he absolutely dominated Siver. Walked him around the ring just inflicted pain with every strike, those headshots were something else though, he seems to be silly accurate for an MMA fighter, he never winces or closes his eyes going into contact, which makes a counter-strike almost impossible, especially with his reach. Fair play to Siver though, as he really should've gone down in the first round but he kept his feet.

Don't think he was particularly lucky in his other fights, his opponents just couldn't handle him at all so we didn't see much of his all round abilities

Aldo is a massive favourite unfortunately but it will be an incredible occassion either way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

dregin wrote: »
    This **** is utterly mental. How many people here are now on terror watch lists, I wonder... http://www.techspot.com/news/57316-nsa-classifies-linux-journal-readers-tor-and-tails-linux-users-as-extremists.html

Soon anyone with a beard will be on those lists.

Jose Aldo is on a different level entirely. He's fantastic to watch. Should be brilliant.

• Advertisement

Tox56 wrote: »
    Don't think he was particularly lucky in his other fights, his opponents just couldn't handle him at all so we didn't see much of his all round abilities

Aldo is a massive favourite unfortunately but it will be an incredible occassion either way

Well that's what I meant, lucky in the sense he was put up against fighters that are a class below him - but that's not his fault.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement