Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

So, what's Mollester Stallone's new moniker going to be when he returns, phoenix-like?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

not to make a mountain out of a molehill but I don't think it is fair to speculate openly. if he tells us all that is ok but otherwise i believe it is a boards no-no

Fair enough. I've made a game of trying to spot his new name given the creativity that is normally involved. Will keep a lid on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Buer wrote: »
    Fair enough. I've made a game of trying to spot his new name given the creativity that is normally involved. Will keep a lid on it!

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see alright

.ak wrote: »
    I just set my alarm for 4:30, fell out of bed, watched it, back to bed.

Good stuff from McGregor. In his previous fights you could say he's been lucky with some of his TKO's, but in this he absolutely dominated Siver. Walked him around the ring just inflicted pain with every strike, those headshots were something else though, he seems to be silly accurate for an MMA fighter, he never winces or closes his eyes going into contact, which makes a counter-strike almost impossible, especially with his reach. Fair play to Siver though, as he really should've gone down in the first round but he kept his feet.

I got a friend to call me just before McGregor's fight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

There's something awkwardly funny about this: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-30877513

Wang King wrote: »
    Yeah, it'll be interesting to see alright

Never liked him anyway....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

There's something awkwardly funny about this: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-30877513

2am training? Probably putting in extra drop goal practice when the other props have gone home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

errlloyd wrote: »
    2am training? Probably putting in extra drop goal practice when the other props have gone home.

Maybe that's what he tells the missus... ;)

Zzippy wrote: »
    Maybe that's what he tells the missus... ;)

Or maybe he tells the missus he's down the pub with the lads, secretly putting in the place kicking hours, worried she'll be embarrassed if he doesn't make the switch to 10.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Buer wrote: »

You need a fckin hobby dude! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Training called off once again, in fairness the pitches were like ice and there wasn't a chance of a stud going in.

Oh why oh why do we have to play through the coldest months of the year? :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,460 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Deirdre Barlow is dead. :(

.ak wrote: »
    as he really should've gone down in the first round but he kept his feet.

Yeah there were a couple of times when McGregor looked like he could have finished the fight off in the first round but seemed to be enjoying himself and held back.

His striking looked great, but Aldos legs are made of f**ken steel and he is a tidy powerful boxer.

Will be a good fight, given the two styles I'd say it could well be a spectacle but you'd have to have Aldo as favorite at this point, McGregor just not proven enough.

Not getting picked for the Wales squad made this even more awkward given his quotes.

I love everything this guy does

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Ugh...finally starting French classes this evening.

Not really looking forward to looking like an idiot while I try to remember my LC French.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Ugh...finally starting French classes this evening.

Not really looking forward to looking like an idiot while I try to remember my LC French.

I got extremely drunk on new year's eve and there's a video of me speaking fluent french to a french couple (I only have LC French as well). I think this is probably key to fluency in the language, particularly in your neck of the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I got extremely drunk on new year's eve and there's a video of me speaking fluent french to a french couple (I only have LC French as well). I think this is probably key to fluency in the language, particularly in your neck of the woods.

You're certain it was fluent French you were speaking?

Yeah I work trade shows in France sometimes and the lingo definitely improves after a few glasses of Bordeaux. At least it seems to, maybe I'm talking gibberish and people are just really polite...

• Advertisement

Yeah I work trade shows in France sometimes and the lingo definitely improves after a few glasses of Bordeaux. At least it seems to, maybe I'm talking gibberish and people are just really polite...

you should've heard the french out of some of the Leinster fans after the Bacchus festival in Toulon last year!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Yeah, I definitely think my French does improve slightly after a few glasses. Mostly because I worry less about getting it exactly right and it just flows a bit better.

My grammar is going to be absolutely all over the shop I imagine though and my vocabulary is a bit stunted after not really speaking the language for 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

They're not nodding and smiling because they understand you....

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Yeah, I definitely think my French does improve slightly after a few glasses. Mostly because I worry less about getting it exactly right and it just flows a bit better.

My grammar is going to be absolutely all over the shop I imagine though and my vocabulary is a bit stunted after not really speaking the language for 10 years.

My grammar is absolutely useless, I end up in France about once a year and try to speak only French so I'm gradually improving, but I find I just say the first thing that comes to my head once I'm, eh, mentally lubricated.

Both the quality of my French and my boards.ie posting seem to be inextricably linked in that regard.

My grammar is absolutely useless, I end up in France about once a year and try to speak only French so I'm gradually improving, but I find I just say the first thing that comes to my head once I'm, eh, mentally lubricated.

Both the quality of my French and my boards.ie posting seem to be inextricably linked in that regard.

I'm taking from that that you're a total alcoholic, and didn't sober up once during the whole ERC debate thread... :P

I'm taking from that that you're a total alcoholic, and didn't sober up once during the whole ERC debate thread... :P

I couldn't possibly comment, I have no memory of that at all I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Neil3030 wrote: »

Are you at least a "Non-smoker with Athletic body type"

So someone else booked my flight for this weekend's business trip, meaning the booking confirmation wasn't sent to my gmail account and wasn't automatically added to my Google Calendar.

Sometimes life just conspires to kick you in the ass. I must soldier on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Well I googled my name and got this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OwFeYlY9GU&sns=em

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement