Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

I'm afraid to google my name

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Wang King wrote: »
    I'm afraid to google my name

Why?

It's just a restaurant in North Carolina.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Are you at least a "Non-smoker with Athletic body type"

Wrote the book on it mate <flexes his 22s>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Anyone seen Birdman yet? Just saw it today and I... dont know what to think of it. Its mad altogether. Technically brilliant too. Almost the entire movie is basically "one shot".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

chupacabra wrote: »
    Anyone seen Birdman yet? Just saw it today and I... dont know what to think of it. Its mad altogether. Technically brilliant too. Almost the entire movie is basically "one shot".

Yep..thought it was great, and this is coming from a man who struggles with plot lines any more technical than "Die Hard".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah I thought it was interesting, still don't really know what to make of the very end of it. Also love the way the world's most pretentious movie attacks the world's least pretentious theatre for being pretentious.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Thought it was amazing tbh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Seeing it today. No spoiler, please!

dregin wrote: »
    Seeing it today. No spoiler, please!

My expectations were too high. The film has divided opinion to a degree. I thought it wasn't as good as everyone was saying

Man Utd v Cambridge on bbc1 tonight, its been years since I've watched an fa cup game on a Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

GO CAMBRIDGE!

Podge_irl wrote: »
    GO CAMBRIDGE!

On a totally separate note.... Where's the ignore button?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,279 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Though Birdman was excellent, almost like being at a piece of theatre in the cinema. Every scene is like a different play.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Though Birdman was excellent, almost like being at a piece of theatre in the cinema. Every scene is like a different play.

I thought the camera style was nauseating and disorientating. It did make it feel very real though, it really highlighted the acting as if it was right in front of my face. The percussion as a soundtrack felt wrong to me, it kept taking me out of the film. I didn't know where the whole thing was going throughout it. It felt somewhat aimless. Edward Norton was absolutely brilliant though.

My expectations were too high. The film has divided opinion to a degree. I thought it wasn't as good as everyone was saying

I dunno, I was expecting a lot, but I was expecting something totally different. As with all cinema, go with an open mind and you should be pleasantly surprised. But yeah, I thought it was brilliant. The direction is challenging and engaging, I felt like I was having a panic attack for the whole thing, along with the main character.

Yeah the percussion thing seems to be a divider for people. I loved it, it just added to the tension and pace of the movie. The biggest thing for me was how they portrayed New York, it felt like a character in itself, it's society, the artist snobbery and the youthful generation being repulsed by it. NYC is my favourite place on the planet, and a lot of the time it's hard to describe why - all movies try to capture it in OTT cliches but few actually manage to do so successfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

I thought the camera style was nauseating and disorientating. It did make it feel very real though, it really highlighted the acting as if it was right in front of my face. The percussion as a soundtrack felt wrong to me, it kept taking me out of the film. I didn't know where the whole thing was going throughout it. It felt somewhat aimless. Edward Norton was absolutely brilliant though.

Funnily enough the percussion soundtrack and the cinematography were my two favourite parts of the film. Overall I thought the film was excellent and would recommend it to anyone. It and Whiplash were my 2 favourite films of the past year, with Birdman just edging it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

b.gud wrote: »
    Funnily enough the percussion soundtrack and the cinematography were my two favourite parts of the film. Overall I thought the film was excellent and would recommend it to anyone. It and Whiplash were my 2 favourite films of the past year, with Birdman just edging it

Loved Birdman. Been meaning to watch Whiplash. Must go see it next week.
    Is Foxcatcher worth seeing?

Loved Birdman. Been meaning to watch Whiplash. Must go see it next week.
    Is Foxcatcher worth seeing?

Ya I'd def watch Foxcatcher, and if you don't know anything about the story don't Google it as it would probably take away a bit from the movie.

Steve Carell is excellent in it

Good lord daytime tv is sh*t.

Is it wrong to be lying flat on your back at this time of day watching "celebrity family fortunes" on itv2?

I don't know how awec sticks this!!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

mfceiling wrote: »
    Good lord daytime tv is sh*t.

Is it wrong to be lying flat on your back at this time of day watching "celebrity family fortunes" on itv2?

I don't know how awec sticks this!!

I never watch day time tv!

Jeremy Kyle is bound to be on though, might be more entertaining. "My father impregnated my wife and my dog before stealing my DLA."

awec wrote: »
    I never watch day time tv!

Jeremy Kyle is bound to be on though, might be more entertaining. "My father impregnated my wife and my dog before stealing my DLA."

Heh heh...coming up after family fortunes is "jeremy kyle"...think it's time for a bit of loose women!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

mfceiling wrote: »
    Heh heh...coming up after family fortunes is "jeremy kyle"...think it's time for a bit of loose women!!

I'm assuming you'd have capitalised the L and W had you been talking about the TV show???? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

molloyjh wrote: »
    I'm assuming you'd have capitalised the L and W had you been talking about the TV show???? ;)

Are you mollester stallone in disguise?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Are you mollester stallone in disguise?

Hey someone has to fill the void....

I mean the void left by MS's disappearance, not any other kind of void. Filthy animals!

molloyjh wrote: »
    Hey someone has to fill the void....

I mean the void left by MS's disappearance, not any other kind of void. Filthy animals!

I'll fill any void that needs filling.....no holes ..i mean holds barred
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I'll fill any void that needs filling.....no holes ..i mean holds barred
    ;)

1421282836240.gif

Anyone here looking for a new phone? I have a spare invite for an invite only phone called the oneplus one. I have it up on another thread here where people look for invites but just thought somone here might like it

Top notch phone, but I think it's available now without an invite

• Advertisement

Top notch phone, but I think it's available now without an invite

It was available for 1 day Wednesday gone, it's back to invite only now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement