Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if we ever had a terrorist attack in ireland ??

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

mrsoundie wrote: »
    I disregarded you post from earlier, but after reading a few more of yours, I believe you are talking absolute bollixs, my friend!

... and I support your right to an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

... and I support your right to an opinion.

I can back mine up, whereas you can not.

A matter of opinon .... you say you are pdf/weapons school/EOD/CAV/Ranger Wing etc.

Mine might surprise you a little more....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

With 6 year old Herald articles recycling Sunday Times sensationalism?

I suppose that's a kind of back up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Ah lads come on.

We can't all be ARW heads here!

• Advertisement

A matter of opinon .... you say you are pdf/weapons school/EOD/CAV/Ranger Wing etc.

Mine might surprise you a little more....:D

Probably, but doubt it.
    Jawgap wrote: »
    With 6 year old Herald articles recycling Sunday Times sensationalism?

I suppose that's a kind of back up ;)

First thing that appeared on google, handy but true not relevant.

For the record no Cav, arty, Sigs Weapons Wing or anything like that, for the record Inf and 26 years of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Probably, but doubt it.

First thing that appeared on google, handy but true not relevant.

For the record no Cav, arty, Sigs Weapons Wing or anything like that, for the record Inf and 26 years of it.

Well your Google-fu must be awful weak.....

Second hit I got was the parliamentary debates......

http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/Debates%20Authoring/DebatesWebPack.nsf/takes/dail2001120400062?opendocument&highlight=Mowag

Had the minister been misleading the House?

Jawgap wrote: »
    Well your Google-fu must be awful weak.....

Second hit I got was the parliamentary debates......

http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/Debates%20Authoring/DebatesWebPack.nsf/takes/dail2001120400062?opendocument&highlight=Mowag

Had the minister been misleading the House?

And no one sleeping in their cars either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Just as a matter of interest how many rangers have we posting on the thread? selection failure rate for the unit is something like 92% I remember reading that somewhere very few have ever made the cut it's in the hundreds..

WakeUp wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest how many rangers have we posting on the thread? selection failure rate for the unit is something like 92% I remember reading that somewhere very few have ever made the cut it's in the hundreds..

None.

• Advertisement

WakeUp wrote: »

Because if there were, their avatars would be pixelated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

Just as a matter of interest seeing as there is so much military experience on this thread by the sounds of things.

How many who have seen the video of ye police officer being shot in the head while lying on the ground actually believe that an Ak47 round (7.62) @ a mere 2 ft would leave a human head totally intact with no blood around it??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Just as a matter of interest seeing as there is so much military experience on this thread by the sounds of things.

How many who have seen the video of ye police officer being shot in the head while lying on the ground actually believe that an Ak47 round (7.62) @ a mere 2 ft would leave a human head totally intact with no blood around it??

Apparently it does, are you sayin its a conspiracy!? NWO! Triangles everywhere!

That said tho i thought there d be a splat, at that range but then again i know **** all about guns and that expectation coulda been influenced from movies!

yeah the auld AK 7.62 x39 tends to make a small hole on the way in and a bit of big hole on the way out ..... they say its great for clearing a blocked nose..... you wont be needing Sudafed after one of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

They should get Quentin tarrantino to do those faked video's, blood everywhere that'll really fool them. You'd thing "they" would now better how to conspire after 9/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Martin Cahill ... aka The General? or Islamic fundementalist tearing down Crosses
    Although I would say against the Alan Snackbar crowd, but then again, the 'RA may have trained a few of their crowd already, so hard to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

the_syco wrote: »
    Although I would say against the Alan Snackbar crowd, but then again, the 'RA may have trained a few of their crowd already, so hard to know?

Nonsense ... Mr Foley is now a legitimate businessman and debt collector.... you know if if owe you ARE going to PAY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Would our allowance of the use of Shannon make us potential targets someday maybe?

Na, building snowmen would probably get you noticed sooner.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/middle-east/64895031/saudi-cleric-issues-fatwa-on-snowmen-claiming-they-are-antiislamic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

I'd say he missed and the Officer died of the other wounds he received. I've watched a lot of execution/combat videos and peoples heads usually lose form, shatter and split around the exit wound, also usually a lot of blood, a big bullet like that would make a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Maybe the OP's question is not as far removed form possibility as we might think.

Belgian anti-terror raid in Verviers leaves two dead

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30840160

Advertisement