Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

kiers47 wrote: »
    Ah very good. Played there in February but was the old lay out. Must try out the new one. Probably actually flows a bit better that way does it?

Give us a shout when your thinking of playing it, love playing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

kiers47 wrote:
    Ah very good. Played there in February but was the old lay out. Must try out the new one. Probably actually flows a bit better that way does it?

charlieIRL wrote:
    Give us a shout when your thinking of playing it, love playing there.

Same...Played it in feburary and enjoyed it, would love to play it again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ballyk

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Same...Played it in feburary and enjoyed it, would love to play it again :)

I have a few vouchers for a free mid-week game if you guys fancy playing it for free some day (a Monday or a Friday perhaps).

In terms of the flow, it's good not to start on the old first. The only issue with the new layout is that the 9th is no longer beside the pro-shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

37pts in castlemartyr today off the blues in a gale my god its some test. The par3s are so long off the blues one played 243yrds crazy.. Hope my 37 goes close had 20pt front & 17 bck with three 1pters on the bck. Great round all the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

lester76 wrote: »
    37pts in castlemartyr today off the blues in a gale my god its some test. The par3s are so long off the blues one played 243yrds crazy.. Hope my 37 goes close had 20pt front & 17 bck with three 1pters on the bck. Great round all the same..

What time did you tee off ? I ask as everytime I call to play an open there late in the day they tell me they finish in the afternoon which seems very strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

That's a good score off the blues, wouldn't be a million miles away I'd say. If you'd a point or two more I'd be very confident

alxmorgan wrote: »
    What time did you tee off ? I ask as everytime I call to play an open there late in the day they tell me they finish in the afternoon which seems very strange

10.30am we hit off...

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

38 points/82 strokes in a casual round in Castleisland today. Finished with 5 straight pars :) 10 in total. Didn't hit it that well off the tee, rest of my game was decent, 29 putts. Looking forward to breaking 80!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

36 points in Mallow this morning which seemed better considering scratches on 2 and 3. Finished well with a nice bird on 18 so onwards and upwards now for Tralee scratch Cup on Saturday. The game all round seems reasonable enough so hoping to stay focused for Saturday and with a decent bit of weather might return a respectable strokeplay card!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

35 Points yesterday in Lucan for 1 Over. 3 Bogies on 3,9 & 18 offset by birdies on 5 & 17.

Struck the ball well enough on a tricky windy evening into a decent east wind. Had a few birdie chances which passed. Am putting well enough without holing that many. Had a couple of lip outs and shaved it a few times.

Most disappointing was the bogey on 18th. After a decent drive and lay up with a 6 iron, I drilled a 6 iron third shot into 20 feet. lagged it down to a foot and a half and got careless and the down hiller which lipped out.

Ended up costing me the gross prize on the back 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

31 points in Wed open in Athlone.
    Could have been so much better,I feel a good score coming on.
    I just got so tired after the first nine I could hardly swing the club!!
    Hitting the ball the best I have been in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

23 points in Lutterlstown this morning. First time playing it. Front 9 were a disaster. Lost 4 balls to water on 3 holes. Back 9 were much better. Had a few holes on the front 9 where my driving and irons were all over the place. Seem'd to sort itself for the back 9. Lovely course. Hopefully next trip around there will have better weather and less wet liathróidí

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

First time out in Dungarvan today, nice track in good nick in fairness. Had a gross 93 for 32 points off 17. Driver was appalling, lost 2 off the box, reloaded with 4 iron and proceeded to par both at the second attempt. 7 double bogeys 7 bogeys and 4 pars kept the scratches off, had 6 1putts and a chip in par.

Short game was on fire, irons playing well. Should have abandoned the driver sooner, played last 6 holes in 3 over no driver. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

played kinsale g.c yesterday the course was in great nick and the greens were lovely as well. challenging course too as had never played there before

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

36 points today - tuned 20, could have had a good cut today.

Not striking ball great - but work on putting and chipping paying off - had 6 up and downs , including 4 in a row - this is very unusual for me.

But - I guess practice pays off - and not even that much - about 3 hours a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

77 for 36 in kilcock, best greens I've putted on in a long while, super fast and slopey. Was tricky enough conditions so happy with that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

94 gross for 77 nett in our professionals prize this evening in tough conditions. I made some silly errors and made very few putts but I'm getting closer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Shot 90 in Mitchelstown today in the ISC off the blues, left a couple out there. Disappointed with the last 6 holes, definitely thinking of the scorecard and hanging on. 9 over for the last 6. 34 points stableford no scratches :-) glass half full mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

redzerdrog wrote: »
    First round of my 3 needed for my hcap

98 strokes in total including 5 pars

Didn't actually play that bad a few shockers and then mostly bad putting cost me

My 2nd of the 3 rounds Played well enough

95 strokes
    1 birdie
    3 pars
    9 bogeys
    2 double bogeys
    3 8s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Senecio wrote: »
    Finally managed to put a round together.

74 gross, 68 net (par 71). Out in 38 and home in even par 36. 2 birdies, 11 pars and 5 bogies. I had 2 three putts in there too!

Well, after struggling for form for the last 12 months I've only gone and backed up last week's round with a 76 for 37pts today. Out in 38, home in 38.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

78 strokes for 41pts off 12 Hc in strong wind with tough pin positions. One scratch which I'm kicking myself about.
    Anyway should make a little dent into my target.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

27 points out in Corballis this morning. Took 10 for the front 9, I really struggle with the opening holes. Can anyone tell me how to make a par at the third in Corballis!? I don't know if I've ever managed better than double bogey, I really feel that one should be a par 5 but maybe it's just in my head at this stage :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

61 off the back sticks at Quail Hollow. 11 birdies, no bogies.

Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Going nicely this morning, game wasn't spectacular, but was making putts when I needed them. Figured I should be on to get a cut today after the +0.1 i got back last weekend to take me to 12.5. Had 29 points on the 14th tee and proceeded bogey, blank, bogey, blank, blank to come home with 31points.
    Game just left me for 5 holes.

Watched rory last night was mad keen to play. Great front9 +3 with 22pts had 29pts standing on 13th tee in tramore if you know it you will feel my pain. Hit driver into the wind only hooked it into the trees bloody triple what a tool. 3pts collected on 13 14 15 chance of the win gone. Finished with 16pts on the bck9 for 38pts. Two cuts in a few days il take it all the same....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Redriddick wrote: »
    31 points in Wed open in Athlone.
    Could have been so much better,I feel a good score coming on.
    I just got so tired after the first nine I could hardly swing the club!!
    Hitting the ball the best I have been in a long time.

I told ye it was coming:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

42 pts around the home trek today.
    13 pars
    4 bogeys
    1 double.

A nice cut on the way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭CFG92

40 points off 6 at my home course. After a poor start got it round in -2 for the final 11 holes, which was good enough for 2nd place overall. Got cut 0.4 to get to 5.5 so a lifetime ambition of category 1 is within touching distance now. Delighted to be playing so solidly with a few interclub matches on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Played my fist competitive round in 18 months on Saturday. Horrendous wind, I've never seen the likes of it before, to say I struggled would be an understatement. 12 holes played directly into the wind. Off 5 I embarrassingly had 1 birdie, 3 pars, 7 bogies and 7 Doubles or worse. Strangely my birdie came on the index 2. I would say it is the highest score I have shot in about 15 years.

I actually struck the ball pretty well but it's not an easy game when you have 4 irons or 3 woods into par 4's when i usually have 9 iron I hand.

Back out on Wednesday so things can only get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

79 gross - 67 net... 9 pars 1 biridie. .... 3 silly doubles and 2 makeable birdie putts missed, oh what could of been

played on my home course Delgany

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

36pts in Moate yesterday. Played a lot of golf this week and even had a little bit of practice. Was certainly noticeable.

Advertisement