Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

33pts in boards outing Tullamore (white tees)

8 pars
    1 birdie
    5 bogey's
    3 doubles
    1 treble
    4 bad holes screwed the card.
    Some silly shots played but had 5 or 6 putts that I still can't believe didn't drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

78 gross in freezing conditions, could have been a couple better but I scrambled really well on the front nine.
    The wind was the toughest as ball wasn't travelling and about 5 of the par 4s where not reachable in two and the par 5s where a similar story not being reachable in 3 shots so really happy with my score considering everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

Rosses point on Friday. 37 points with 2 scratches off 16.Then yesterday 28 in strandhill. Was lucky to be alive after libations on Friday night. It never ever ever works after the demon drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

75 gross yesterday in Bunclody scratch cup off the back tees, a card error cost me a place in the prizes. A lesson learnt the hard way.
    Played again today in medal had an 80 gross, some messy stuff but still striking the ball very well which is good sign so early in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

First monthly medal of the year in galway bay.
    Triple bogey, bogey,par,bogey,triple bogey start showed I wasn't going to be finding anything right today. I was right and a finish of triple bogey, bogey and an 11 on par 4 finish has made me question what the hell was I thinking that going on the lash yesterday and expecting to be contention. Clown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

33 points and came in the prizes for 1st time in society outing yesterday(2nd in category b). Tough conditions and had three scratches and six putts stopped within inches.

Closest to the pin prize too so all in all a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Dar _ class score.

9 over for myself on The Heath - hitting the ball very well - still just not scoring. Just trying to get the ball going at hole on greens again.
    Should be getting in that 4 to 5 over range with golf I'm playing - driving well with shape when needed and can go for par 5s with low irons - Hitting a 4 iron now - new thing in my game. Hit one 220 yards onto a par 5, and that was worth the trip alone. Best shot I've played this year.

The weather looked like a summer day - a winter day - a spring day all at once. The wind picked up too. The course needs a bit of wind to make it harder.

A bit frustrating to be hitting so many greens, and not making anything or very little - but no panic yet. No panic ..... No,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The more you think about panic - the closer you get to panic.

The Heath is an interesting type of golf, only a few course like that in the country. It is rough and ready at times - Also sheep a bit too close and in your path at times - a full clean is required after. Sheep are not as nice looking up close, as in cartoons and in kids books.

The course, gives you a sense of what original golf was like, little or no earth movement - course as it naturally falls.

The last time I was on The Heath, it was in poor condition - the weather has worked wonders on the greens , and some of the breaks are incredible. The bunkers are awful - not even sure if they were in play - played them , but cost me a few shots.

The Heath - is not for everyone , but an interesting place and you would do well to get around without hitting gorse.

When you play a course like that these days - you see how simple golf can be and yet still very enjoyable. The contrast with The Heritage down the road, is just bizarre.

So a links like course in the midlands. I like strange courses like that.
    A few of the lads, were telling me, a few others I need to play along the same lines.

Looking forward to Royal Curragh with boards this year.

If - Only if, I get this mini putting crisis sorted. Only a game at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

dar_cool wrote: »
    75 gross yesterday in Bunclody scratch cup off the back tees, a card error cost me a place in the prizes. A lesson learnt the hard way.
    Played again today in medal had an 80 gross, some messy stuff but still striking the ball very well which is good sign so early in the year

That's class shooting around Bunclody, was thinking of it a few weeks ago but it's a little too far of a journey for 18 holes for me. I'd image the CSS will be high there off the back sticks as it's one long track and especially in yesterday's conditions so you should be due a good cut despite the card error?

I was abissmal today during the front 9 of our medal, started with a double bogey 7 after 3 putting the green and continued with poor play from tee to green before getting my first par on the 8th. Turned in +9 and came home in +2 for an 84 so a very disappointed day in perfect conditions and a very nicely presented course. Greens were rolling nicely and a bit faster than normal but that's no excuse for all the 3 putts and missed short ones. Going to blame some of the poor play today on a groin strain I picked up after 2 holes, I had it earlier in the year and it took a good while to shift so hope it doesn't linger again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

That's class shooting around Bunclody, was thinking of it a few weeks ago but it's a little too far of a journey for 18 holes for me. I'd image the CSS will be high there off the back sticks as it's one long track and especially in yesterday's conditions so you should be due a good cut despite the card error?

I was abissmal today during the front 9 of our medal, started with a double bogey 7 after 3 putting the green and continued with poor play from tee to green before getting my first par on the 8th. Turned in +9 and came home in +2 for an 84 so a very disappointed day in perfect conditions and a very nicely presented course. Greens were rolling nicely and a bit faster than normal but that's no excuse for all the 3 putts and missed short ones. Going to blame some of the poor play today on a groin strain I picked up after 2 holes, I had it earlier in the year and it took a good while to shift so hope it doesn't linger again.

Should still get cut alright, 0.3 probably, black Bush is in super condition isn't it? Great to see so early in the year, greens were rolling nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

34 points today - I had 20 points after the front 9, level par and then started off the back 9, bogey, bogey, bogey, double bogey!

So that pretty much ruined my card, lol :)

If I could string 18 holes together, I'd have been butchered a few times this year already, haha.

Some good stats to build on though

FIR : 13/14
    And over 250 yards average off the tee ( which is good for me )
    Only missed 1 short putt too, though I left quite a few putts short. Not too worried about it. It was only natural to do so having played on Tullamore's greens the day before, heh :D

3 week break from golf now and I'm looking forward to it as it's going to be non-stop golf from then on till the end of the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

33pts today, played poor but managed to score on every hole. 8 * 1pt. Squeezed into last place in the matchplay qualifier. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ballyk

86 gross on Saturday at the boards outing in Tullamore to finish 2nd. 2 birdies was the highlight and almost got my third on the tenth but the putt lipped out.

Played the intermediate scratch cup in Ballykisteen today off the blue tees. Played poorly on the front nine when I was 13 over par after too many doubles and one treble. Bounced back well on the back nine to shoot six over par. Ended up with 91 gross (75 nett) to finish sixth overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

36 off back tees today 21 on back 9 with 3, 3 putts. Another cut so happy out. 39 won.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Miserable 25 pts on saturday in 4 hours of freezing rain in a comp on saturday and then 41 pts in a casual round in the sunshine yesterday - I am the very definition of a fair weather golfer!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

38pts off the back tees yesterday in Waterford Castle

4 Birdies
    8 pars
    5 bogies
    1 Double bogey

The double bogey was the result of an embarrassing 4 putt :rolleyes:

I'm living the dream at the moment - work and time off and weather all lined up for me to have mornings off to play lots of golf.

4th game in a row today - but very busy from tomorrow on. SO was nice to end it with a great round today

72 (1 over).
    Fairway (67 %)
    GIR (50 % )
    3 birds
    4 bogeys
    27 putts

Was probably my best round ever - due to conditions - 3 club wind into it - but helping in other direction.

Was far more comfortable on home sand putting, also worked better on routine. 27 putts - but had 2 holes I putted from off green. So a reducing putting stat.

Was interesting - that I was far far more comfortable knowing I was low as have been there before - experience I guess.

All very positive - needed every club in bag today to work well - Driver - 3 wood - Hybrid - low irons - mid irons.

I feel It is sort of a limit now.
    I can't play golf much better.

Only weak point are wedges (these are better) and the putting range from 3 to 8 feet.

Missed 3 putts in that range - ( 2 bad enough) - But long putting very good and not leaving much to do.

So time to do it in a competition and get cut. 5 Looks on again - but I don't know much about this type of golf - as it is all new to me.

Very enjoyable time. Good news for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

I'm living the dream at the moment - work and time off and weather all lined up for me to have mornings off to play lots of golf.

4th game in a row today - but very busy from tomorrow on. SO was nice to end it with a great round today

72 (1 over).
    Fairway (67 %)
    GIR (50 % )
    3 birds
    4 bogeys
    27 putts

Was probably my best round ever - due to conditions - 3 club wind into it - but helping in other direction.

Was far more comfortable on home sand putting, also worked better on routine. 27 putts - but had 2 holes I putted from off green. So a reducing putting stat.

Was interesting - that I was far far more comfortable knowing I was low as have been there before - experience I guess.

All very positive - needed every club in bag today to work well - Driver - 3 wood - Hybrid - low irons - mid irons.

I feel It is sort of a limit now.
    I can't play golf much better.

Only weak point are wedges (these are better) and the putting range from 3 to 8 feet.

Missed 3 putts in that range - ( 2 bad enough) - But long putting very good and not leaving much to do.

So time to do it in a competition and get cut. 5 Looks on again - but I don't know much about this type of golf - as it is all new to me.

Very enjoyable time. Good news for once.
    Ah if only it was in competition Fix, ya be on tour at this stage.

Agree Norfolk. (Lol)

No . I think this "do it with a card , is a bit of a cliché. "

I like the idea of learning how to do it first.

Who on earth turns up to a comp and turns into a 5 handicapper ? From a 9/10.

I'll just stick at what I'm doing . And a broken clock is right twice a day.

To sum up. Need to do it with a card in my back pocket. lol.

On a windy day . I feel a big cut coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ah if only it was in competition Fix, ya be on tour at this stage.

Sure the lads from the kingdom can do it with a card, and 7 All Irelands, in the pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Agree Norfolk. (Lol)

No . I think this "do it with a card , is a bit of a cliché. "

I like the idea of learning how to do it first.

Who on earth turns up to a comp and turns into a 5 handicapper ? From a 9/10.

I'll just stick at what I'm doing . And a broken clock is right twice a day.

To sum up. Need to do it with a card in my back pocket. lol.

On a windy day . I feel a big cut coming.
    Ah congrats on your score Fix, any day you beat you HC is a good day, I've no doubt you'll do it in competition too and sooner rather than later, you just have to not get in the way of yourself, easier said than done;):pac::pac:.
    PARlance wrote: »
    Sure the lads from the kingdom can do it with a card, and 7 All Irelands, in the pocket.
    Winning is a habit:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

35 points in open comp in kk today. Out in 22 and home in a disappointing 13 i started to panic when i had 30 points after 11 holes.

All in all a good day though and starting to see teal improvement in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

37 Pts in Lucan Semi Open Last night. Decent round after a little return to form in the last few weeks. Had drifted out to 1 so am back to scratch after last night. Two bogies on 1 & 16 along with a double on 8 were offset with birdies on 5,6,12 & 18.

Course is in super nick for anyone playing the scratch cups over the weekend. Just need the weather to hold up

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Its been awhile since i posted a round on here. Its been a long winter of bad to just bloody awful golf. Played tramore comp this morning 19pts front9 followed by 11pts on the back9 yet another .1. I just cant string a good round together

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Gross 79 Curragh

6 pars
    3 birdies
    8 bogey's
    1 double

FIR 43%
    GIR 44%
    Putts 32
    Left a few out there but happy how I scored.
    Driver still causing me a few problems, just not getting a proper hit but thankfully my short game keeps me scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

40 pts around Swords today. Should only get 0.6 back though as the CSS is usually 38. New low of 16.9 expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

83 blows yesterday after starting wit a double and treble bogey. Chip in for bird on 3rd and started to play good golf. 2 good days of it ahead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I'm beginning to think there is some sort of collective insanity amongst golfers.

I went out & played 18 holes today in Forrest Little. I wouldn't have bothered other than the fact I had entered the open & already been charged.

Played with a 19 year old who was trying to get as much qualifying in as he could cos he'd slipped out to his worst handicap in a couple of years of 1 (yeah, I know its tough at the top)

Shot around the 28 points mark, but card had turned to mush by about the 8th hole so didn't bother putting it in. Think there were probably 20 entrants & about 13 were N/Rs.

When we finished the 11th hole the green is beside the 18th tee box. Proposed we just play up 18 & call it a day, but the young lad was on a reasonable score so asked would I play on. Couldn't refuse & he went on to shoot 3 over net for 34 points & won the comp.

Got soaked completely through my wet gear. Grips & gloves were soggy...and still are.

It a a nice course, would like to play it again when the sun is shining. Would make a good society outing course as its got some testing holes but has plenty of scoring opportunities.

Drove the ball relatively well,kept pace with my playing partner, which I was pretty happy with. Didn't putt great or pitch great, but my heart wasn't really in it to be honest.

Don't know if I'll get the 0.1 or not, only a handful of scores in & only 3 of them broke 30 points so could be a cuts only event.

Due to play open in castlewarden tomorrow, hoping weather is a bit more manageable!

Fair play space . Pure honorable.

First time in a while. I said.

I've enough golf on. I have enough stuff on horizon.
    I don't need to play today.

There was no even sign of a break in clouds today.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Played in the Intermediate scr cup in Cill Dara, Played ok 10 pars,1 treble 2 doubles and 5 bogeys. 83 gross 71 nett. 2 bad swings had me in the trees from my drive....7 over for 3 holes, 5 over for 15...that's why i am a 12 i guess.Hopefully will get a little cut. A good test off the back tips really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Played my first singles competition of the year today and first comp in 4 years!!

Gross 78 ( net 70 ) but could have been so much better or so much worse!!!!! My scrambling was brilliant.
    Drove the ball terribly, couldn't hit an iron shot to save my life but chipped exceptionally and putted quite well.

12 pars
    5 bogies
    1 triple!!!!! On index 16 when hitting a wedge :(

Only 5 fairways hit and 5 greens so all in all I have to be happy with the way I battled to a decent score today.

Advertisement