Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

zuutroy wrote: »
    Warmup for season 37, 38, 36, 41, 37....First 2 competitions...32,33 :(

Very common :( When non-qualifying it's natural to be more relaxed and score well. Qualifying messes with your brain at first. Give it a few weeks and you'll be flying again.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

35 points 2 scratches around Mitchelstown yesterday morning. First qualifying in my home club, started off with an 8 to scratch the par 5 first. It was a great 8 though having to come sideways twice out of trees and just failing to ft up and down from the greenside bunker, that's what i told myself anyway :-)

Hit 17 points through the next 8, 18 on the back 9 with a chip in bird on index 18. Hit one good iron(5i ) all day on 13 from 176 yards middle only to see it bounce over the back, missed a three footer for par.

Great conditions, generally happy enough, scoring while not playing my best. Should be in the buffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Won the singles on Sat and Medal yesterday, down to single figures for the first time. Best weekend of my life. Happily married with kids

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Whyner wrote: »
    Won the singles on Sat and Medal yesterday, down to single figures for the first time. Best weekend of my life. Happily married with kids

You win best post of this thread too Whyner... Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Casual round in East Clare on Friday with cousin. Ran out of steam toward the end and while I scored well I felt I had another gear I couldn't get into. 33pts off 12.

https://shotzoom.com/rounds/41367012397#

Weekend stroke comp at home.

+ 1 net for front nine. Striking the ball well and feeling good but had a messy 6 on the fourth.

Standing on the 18th tee box I'm gross level per for the back nine. Two birds, two bogeys and the rest pars. Never shot level par for nine before. If I can par this I'm -5 for the comp and a shoe in.

Crack it down the middle as well as I can on easy par five. 210m to green. Second shot very poor off to the right under trees. Manage to knock it up to the apron for the third. Chip to 6 foot. THEN I FOOKING THREE PUTT. Never felt nerves just two poor putts.

Finished with a 69 gross and was cursing myself walking off, although I played better than ever. Felt is pissed away the comp and was quietly steaming in the bar afterwards.

Turns out 69 was good enough to win it :D

https://shotzoom.com/rounds/86767552777#

Down to 11.7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

Singles stokes in home club Delgany on Saturday - 80 gross ( 67 net ) off 13 ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭benny79

First qualifying of the year the weekend strokes of the blues! worst game of the year so far! :( 100 gross. shocking I knew it be of the blues & strokes so was prepared but an 8 on the first killed my day. Putting was terrible 2 4putts & a rake of 3 putts. Just didnt get the breaks all day! would lip a putt for it to roll 4 feet past and miss the 1 back, although the pins were mostly in hard places still shocking another day they would all fall! played 9 on the thurs & I finished 4 over.

Think the whole qualifying got into my head! I know my game is all mental but it is such a head fcuk to try & sort..

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭paulos53

41 points yesterday in Slievenamon. Also my lowest ever gross score of 73 even if it was helped considerably by the par of 67

2 birdies
    10 pars
    5 bogeys
    1 treble bogey :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dwayned

played my second round of the year on Saturday, didn't realise it was stroke play comp.....

Ended going round in 86 with 2 x 2's for a 68 Nett.

Delighted with score and just missed out as 66 won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

76 gross around Lucan GC off 3 on Sunday.

First medal of the year, always gives you that bit of motivation to play well, but it was a tough day on Sunday. Deceptively cold and windy, with the greens beginning to edge northwards on the stimp-meter, scoring was kept in check as evidenced by the winning number of 70.

Before the round, I made the decision to revert to my Titleist 910 driver after a rocky ride with the Taylor Made SLDR and it did make a difference. The SLDR goes further, no doubt, but I've been all over the place over the last few weeks so said I'd make the switch. Ended up driving it really well for the most part; I struggled on the holes into the wind though, as the ball ballooned off of good hits, but down breeze or cross breeze, I was hardly out of position.

I was on the 2nd unfortunately, as I hooked one left and settled for bogey. Also bogied number 1 back into the wind and a frustrating three putt on the third left me +3 after 3. Made a nice 7 footer for birdie on 4 to repair some of the damage then ripped one up the par 5 fifth for an easy birdie.

Parred 6, 7 and 8 (lipping out on the latter two holes for birdie) before bogeying 9. Also bogied 11, before missing a great chance from 6 feet on 13 for a much needed birdie 3. Left a birdie putt in the jaws on 14, which preceded bogeys on 15 and 16, leaving me a deflating 5 over par.

Parred 17 and 18 to finish with the 76; disappointing overall but was very happy to make my par on the difficult 18th (hit possibly the best shot I'll hit all year with my second from a bad position down the right just to lay up!) and there were a few other positives to take. Was comfortably in the buffer thanks to heroics on 18 and even though my putting let me down, I didn't feel like I was hitting bad putts, just wasn't my day.

I expect I'll also have to tinker with the loft on my driver to try and get the spin rate sorted before next weekend; the holes back into the wind really killed me yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

35 points.

Stunning out - first competition in a while, little (only a little break).

Putting a bit racy at times, still think I have Gin and Tonic in me or something.

79 strokes. Hit water and didn't get much to drop on greens.

Seem a bit stuck in that 33 to 35 range. Half decent golf - but buffer central.

It looks very still out inland - but on the coast a fair breeze.

I'll just stick at it and cuts should come. "Should".

Got a cut of 0.4 for above - yes, not big , but nice to get handicap going down again - first cut since Sept of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

21 out, 13 back today. I hate golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

paulos53 wrote: »
    41 points yesterday in Slievenamon. Also my lowest ever gross score of 73 even if it was helped considerably by the par of 67

2 birdies
    10 pars
    5 bogeys
    1 treble bogey :eek:

The handicap thread requires your update!

it requires everyones handicap reductions! :D - for motivations and stuff! :cool:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057353784&page=12

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭BOB81

Nett 78 off 14 around moyvalley at the weekend. First medal of the year and unfortunately the first 0.1 back! Wasn't hitting the ball well at all - started with 3 doubles on the spin but putting was the difference between finishing in the buffer and getting 0.1 back, had 5 3-putts for 39 putts in total which was particularly disappointing. Time to update the handicap thread too as I was on 14.4....

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭paulos53

Rikand wrote: »
    The handicap thread requires your update!

it requires everyones handicap reductions! :D - for motivations and stuff! :cool:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057353784&page=12

Still waiting to find out the CSS. Should be a 0.4 or 0.6 reduction

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

31pts Sunday in Moate. Very slight improvement on previous week is the only positive thing I have. Creeping back towards 15. (14.4 now)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

22 & 23 points at the weekend. Luckily my h/cap can't increase any more :o

Have started a set of lessons and could already feel the shots were better, but time and again found myself slipping into the grip and swing I'm used to which call all manner of cock ups. But plenty of positives to take from the shots that I did what I was meant to from the lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    22 & 23 points at the weekend. Luckily my h/cap can't increase any more :o

Have started a set of lessons and could already feel the shots were better, but time and again found myself slipping into the grip and swing I'm used to which call all manner of cock ups. But plenty of positives to take from the shots that I did what I was meant to from the lessons
    Have patience with the changes & try sticking with them. Remember, if it feels wrong, you're probably doing it right. Before you know it it'll start feeling natural to grip & swing the new way.

Really jealous of everyone getting to golf at the mo. Roped into helping Aunty move house last Saturday, depressing to be lugging boxes & furniture around with that weather out there!

Back to it in Tullamore with the boardsies this weekend, can't wait to get swinging again!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

Just back from a match play in Ballyneety.
    Was a great match to be fair. im off 22 and he was off 12.
    was nothing in it.

Sean 1 up
    AS
    Sean 1up
    AS
    Sean 1up
    Sean 2up
    Sean 1up
    AS
    AS
    Sean 1up
    AS
    Sean 1up
    AS
    Opp 1up
    AS
    AS
    AS
    AS

After 9 and after 18 holes we were all square. but i had to leave and collect kids so i was unable to play additional holes. So he got the win.

But illl take alot away from it. and i held my own.

37 points around Mallow today. 15 out 22 in. Couldn't make a putt, hitting them where I wanted, couldn't read them on the front 9. Made more on the back once the dew lifted.

Hit one OOB from the fairway on the par 5 third, managed to salvage a point which really settled the nerves having started okish.
    Birdied index 18, 49 out 39 in tells its story. 32 putts only 1GIR!!!

• Advertisement

Just back from a match play in Ballyneety.
    Was a great match to be fair. im off 22 and he was off 12.
    was nothing in it.

Sean 1 up
    AS
    Sean 1up
    AS
    Sean 1up
    Sean 2up
    Sean 1up
    AS
    AS
    Sean 1up
    AS
    Sean 1up
    AS
    Opp 1up
    AS
    AS
    AS
    AS

After 9 and after 18 holes we were all square. but i had to elave and collect kids so i was unable to play additional holes. So he got the win.

But illl take alot away from it. and i held my own.

What's Ballyneety like these times? Played it 18 months ago(met you there on the same day too) must give it another shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

What's Ballyneety like these times? Played it 18 months ago(met you there on the same day too) must give it another shot.

Its in great condition but i think needs a bit of rain to just fill the holes. but the course is perfect. :)

Drop me PM any time u wanna round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Played Ballyneety today, what a day for it. 35 pts over 17 holes. 7th hole closed due to green staff relaying part of the fairway.
    Disappointed with the greens, hairy and bobbly. Still not recovered from the hollow coring.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Down9194

39 pts today at Ardee in open comp off whites 17 out 22 home, delighted with score best round in over a year. Ardee in great shape

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

34 points around Shannon, nothing to write home about... But 4 birdies in a row. 7th 8th 9th and 10th...best I've managed in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

20 points in Luttrelstown. First time getting double figures, first time there!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Broke 100 for the first time ever today in a casual round with a 95. Also had my first ever birdie. Will probably never play worse tomorrow now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

23 points at The Centenary Course in Gleneagles today, hit three greenside bunkers that I took 4 shots to get out of in each! Their depth and the amount of sand was something else.
    Horrific front 9 getting used to the greens, back 9 was going well until I hit a 9 on the 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭joxer1988

31 points today. First qualifier, so nice to break 30. Horrific weather - could've been a better score, but won't complain! Think I'm a couple decent rounds away from my first cut. 4 scratches, found the bunkers tough going with the incessant rain - very compact sand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

36 points today in freezing rain pelted round in Curragh, hand went from frozen to numb by the 4th or 5th, wind was so cold not funny....don't know how but managed to hold par off society tees with clean and place everywhere, great course but I would have stayed in my leaba if I knew it was going to be that bad, worst morning in a month:rolleyes:

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement