Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Options
  • 08-01-2015 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭

Guess its time for a new thread as its the new year.

Played the Ardee open today, placing on fairways only so qualifying yes?

Anyhow, 42 points off 21 (19Front & 23Back) :D

1 Scratch
    2 Doubles
    8 Bogies
    7 Pars

The scratch was a hook and got tangled in some trees, then lazed the tree 30yds behind the green and over shot it :o

So others terrible shots (thin off Par3 tee box) but some really good shots in there aswell

First time ever I might get a cut so fingers crossed,practically skipped out of the place :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

dan_ep82 wrote: »

1 Scratch
    2 Doubles
    8 Bogies
    7 Pars

The scratch was a hook and got tangled in some trees, then lazed the tree 30yds behind the green and over shot it :o

So others terrible shots (thin off Par3 tee box) but some really good shots in there aswell

First time ever I might get a cut so fingers crossed,practically skipped out of the place :pac:

Great shooting Dan, yeah, generally placing on fairways only is qualifying, but I have played in a comp where it was non qualifying (think maybe that was related to the number of bunkers out of play rather than fairway placing though, but not 100%)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Great shooting Dan, yeah, generally placing on fairways only is qualifying, but I have played in a comp where it was non qualifying (think maybe that was related to the number of bunkers out of play rather than fairway placing though, but not 100%)

Thanks,

All bunkers were in play and no temp greens although the greens were quite bad I think they should have used them over winter, pitchmarks everywhere meant putting was 30% luck.

The member I went around with was adamant it was qualifying but didn't want to get my hopes up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Great way to start the 2015 thread Dan!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

1 Scratch
    2 Doubles
    8 Bogies
    7 Pars

Well done Dan, you won't be playing off that handicap again. Placing on fairways only is usually qualifying. 2 shot cut I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

So, after all the talk of bandits and the illusive 45 pointer dude. We have a 45 pointer in incubation here on boards. Should we tie him up , and bring him out of the boot in a classic.

Lads - how does Dan "maximise" his "opportunity" ?
    :p:D

• Advertisement

mafc wrote: »
    Well done Dan, you won't be playing off that handicap again. Placing on fairways only is usually qualifying. 2 shot cut I'd say.

With luck, it would be great to meet my goal of a HC in the teens in less than a month of the new year plan! :D
    So, after all the talk of bandits and the illusive 45 pointer dude. We have a 45 pointer in incubation here on boards. Should we tie him up , and bring him out of the boot in a classic.

:pac:

I think I have to play in the society now, it'll be the new goal lol

never mind that, get him on the boards Ryder jug team

With luck, it would be great to meet my goal of a HC in the teens in less than a month of the new year plan! :D

:pac:

I think I have to play in the society now, it'll be the new goal lol

As a man who had a very different view of the world from me, once said to me at an open.

"Don't go waisting your man on an open" :D:o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Played a couple of rounds since the New year and they have both been rounds to forget, lol.

Sorry to bring the thread on a downer! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Had 11 pars last Sunday. First round in two months.
    Wasn't bothered about the rest had a few bogeys and the like. We don't play Aberdeen rules so that means we can't place in the rough, placing only on the fairway. Absolute lottery if there's a massive piece of mud on your ball.
    This time of year I long to play links golf hitting of solid turf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Finally a thread without all the BS.

Congrats Dan great shooting. My you go low in 2015.

78 strokes at the weekend. For 41pts, couldn't hole a putt to save my life.
    12 pars
    5 bogeys
    1 double
    Roll on the spring

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Finally a thread without all the BS.

Congrats Dan great shooting. My you go low in 2015.

78 strokes at the weekend. For 41pts, couldn't hole a putt to save my life.
    12 pars
    5 bogeys
    1 double
    Roll on the spring

I can see you going real low this year. After playing in the same group in MJ last year you could clearly see the game was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭golfwallah

28 points in 13 hole comp yesterday and that included one scratch (after getting too near trees) offset by a 35 foot putt for birdie on a par 4.

Not bad after being out with injury for the last month - but not good enough to win anything (at least one 30 pointer in ahead of me).

Great to get out, though - course in pretty good condition with full greens in play, despite all the rain of late.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I can see you going real low this year. After playing in the same group in MJ last year you could clearly see the game was there.

Absolutely looks that way alright Charlie.

When you shoot 41 points and can't make a putt, god help anyone when you actually start making them

golfwallah wrote: »
    28 points in 13 hole comp yesterday and that included one scratch (after getting too near trees) offset by a 35 foot putt for birdie on a par 4.

Not bad after being out with injury for the last month - but not good enough to win anything (at least one 30 pointer in ahead of me).

Great to get out, though - course in pretty good condition with full greens in play, despite all the rain of late.

Golfwallah you can actually play good golf too beside redesign golf as we know it ? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Sorry lads, I've dragged the thread off topic. Back to your great scores!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

braver than me golfing at this time of the year, soggy conditions, cold, wind, rain no thanks i might think about getting back out there around March!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

25pts for me in 13 hole competition at Moate last Sunday. My final round of the Winter League, we have 2 players to complete a few rounds and hopefully they will bring in some bigger scores to get us over the qualification line for the Grand Final in March.

Playing Mullingar on Sunday, looking forward to that as I haven't played there since 2010.

Just found out the round yesterday was qualifying, anybody have an idea of what cut I'll get? 42pts off 21.1
    And a bonus I came first for a €40 voucher :D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Just found out the round yesterday was qualifying, anybody have an idea of what cut I'll get? 42pts off 21.1
    And a bonus I came first for a €40 voucher :D

I hope I'm right with this but if CSS was 36 pts you should get cut down to 19.1

• Advertisement

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    I hope I'm right with this but if CSS was 36 pts you should get cut down to 19.1
    It was 36, remembered to ask that one :D

I was just unsure as I'd be changing from CAT4 to CAT3. Seeing as it was 6 shots better than CSS would I get 6 x .4's or a mix of .4's until CAT3 then .3 reductions :confused:

Oh and grabbed this of howdidido, really wish the home club would implement it

3iN6HCm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

I think Frosty is right but it all depends on the CSS.

This is an example from GUI handicap system:
    If a player with an Exact Handicap of 21.2 returns a score with Nett Differential of -6 i.e. 6 strokes below his Playing Handicap of 21, his Exact Handicap is reduced as follows:
    21.2 - (2 x 0.4) = 20.4 20.4 - (4 x 0.3) = 19.2

Looks like I got it right.....
    Well done again !

Re: your home club implementing it, they have to ! Report your score to handicap secretary anyways but it should be automatic once he updated Golfnet / Howdidido .
    An ESR will kick in if you break standard scratch by 4 or more again, best of luck

Looks like I got it right.....
    Well done again !

Re: your home club implementing it, they have to ! Report your score to handicap secretary anyways but it should be automatic once he updated Golfnet / Howdidido .
    An ESR will kick in if you break standard scratch by 4 or more again, best of luck

I'll let them know tomorrow and aim to beat css by 4 next time at least :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

25 points for 13 holes, with 3 scratches. Was one over gross for the par 3's off 23. Bearing in mind I struggled to score 23 for 18 for the last few years this is a major breakthrough. 2 of my last 3 rounds in 2014 were 37 and 36. Finally getting to play something approaching reasonable golf after being driven to the edge of giving up. Roll on 2015

Gross 81 today
    9 pars
    8 bogey's
    1 double

New driver in the bag so happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

26 points for 12 holes off a domestic handicap of 26. I'll now get another 2 shot domestic cut. Hopefully can bring that into the qualifying season when it starts up.

2 pars
    5 bogeys
    5 doubles

domestic hc?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

domestic hc?

For winter a first or second in the weekend comps gives a 2 shot reduction for the remainder of the winter weekend comps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

82 strokes in high winds for 37pts. 2 over for the front 9. 3 silly doubles on the back 9.

Advertisement