Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

Scotch foursomes today. Partner and I off 16 had 40 out 41 back for gross 81 nett 65. 10 pars 7 bogies and 1 double. Should of been at least 4 better. Fun format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

35, 34 33 and 36 in my last 4 qualifiers. Trying to stay patient as I know I'm in form, just need to capitalise.

Played a 3 ball better ball today, had 35 points on my own ball 2 scratches. Third lad had to walk off as he sprained his wrist out of a "concrete" bunker, bone almost bursting skin. All that rain had the bunkers compacted as hell, not nice to see.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Played Castle Barna this morning with barnaboy and a visitor, competition was supposed to be qualifying but after all the rain we were lucky it was open!!

Had my best round in a good while, driving was good, irons good and changed to kak handed putting and was knocking them in from all over the place!! Score was tarnished by a few very silly mistakes though but thats something I'm working on. Ws getting light headed after my 5th par in a row only to picking the wrong club out the bag to bring the run to an end. All my doubles were avoidable and i played some great golf so i know the game is getting there.
    7 pars
    5 bogies
    5 doubles
    1 oops!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Fair play space . Pure honorable.

First time in a while. I said.

I've enough golf on. I have enough stuff on horizon.
    I don't need to play today.

There was no even sign of a break in clouds today.

Bloody honour cost me 0.1 on Saturday :(

3 rounds in 3 days for me.

Sunday open in castlewarden, placing on fairways & bunkers out of play so non qualifying. 31 points, couldn't buy a putt all day but rest of the game was pretty solid.

Then again in castlewarden this morning, placing on fairways only so should be qualifying. 38 points today, 82 strokes. Drove really well, 1 loose drive all day, which gave me a great platform to make some scores. Was hitting wedge in to a good few of the par 4s, but didn't convert anything to a birdie unfortunately. 1 sloppy 3 putt on the tough 16 was the only real blemish on the card. No scratches which has been rare for me these days.

10 pars
    6 bogeys
    2 doubles

Should hopefully get cut 0.4 to get back to 11. Need to push on & make sure I'm getting enough practice in as won't get too many more opportunities to get more than 1 round in on a week

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Bloody honour cost me 0.1 on Saturday :(

3 rounds in 3 days for me.

Sunday open in castlewarden, placing on fairways & bunkers out of play so non qualifying. 31 points, couldn't buy a putt all day but rest of the game was pretty solid.

Then again in castlewarden this morning, placing on fairways only so should be qualifying. 38 points today, 82 strokes. Drove really well, 1 loose drive all day, which gave me a great platform to make some scores. Was hitting wedge in to a good few of the par 4s, but didn't convert anything to a birdie unfortunately. 1 sloppy 3 putt on the tough 16 was the only real blemish on the card. No scratches which has been rare for me these days.

10 pars
    6 bogeys
    2 doubles

Should hopefully get cut 0.4 to get back to 11. Need to push on & make sure I'm getting enough practice in as won't get too many more opportunities to get more than 1 round in on a week

We spotted you on the leaderboard Space, you were lying about 5th I think so maybe a cat prize. 41 1st and 39 2nd.

Had 34 myself, strange round as nothing really went right on the greens. Driving way off too but got away with loads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

We were all in Castlewarden today.

Played poor - I think, I killed 3 trees out there - 2 on 1 alone, both different varieties. Redefining smash factor.

Have no nine iron at the moment and couldn't handle the scarification of the greens - so had all the excuses lined up :p

Poor putting and very poor wedge play - had 4, 3 putts and used 4 shots from 80 yards twice - terrible.

Only positive was pars on index 1 - 2 and 3. But a hollow positive.

Out in the morning to find 9 iron and finding my putting and wedges again.

Very erratic at moment - 29 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

94 in Corballis, not the worst considering it's been a while since I last swung a ball in anger. Mad course mind 15 and 16 are surely an accident waiting to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Went over to Grange Castle to play open only to find out it was not on. Despite this we didn't want to waste the good weather after such a wet weekend. Played very well shooting 79 which is the first time I've broken 80 in a long time.

1 birdie
    11 pars
    4 bogeys
    2 doubles

Driving quite well coupled with decent iron's and a red-hot putter.
    New Super stroke grip on putter is proving to be a wise investment. Hopefully season can push on from this improvement as I have drifted to 12.5 after a succession of poor rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

37 points today in Athlone. Really happy with how I played over all, even if I capitulated at the finish.

I parred the first 9 holes, could have had a couple of birdies in there but happy to shoot level par. Bogeyed the 10th after a poor t-shot, but made really good pars on 11 and 12 and an excellent birdie on 13 to get me back to level par. On the 14th, I hit 5 wood, 8 iron to 4 feet ( but missed the putt for my birdie and then went bogey, double bogey, birdie, double bogey to finish +4 for the 18 holes.

A sad end, though the birdie was nice on 17 for a 2. With difficult conditions on the day, I should be nibbled .1 or .2 for that.

By rights, I should be down to 4 though. That putt on 14, I 3-putted 16 and missed a dead straight 6 footer for bogey after hitting my tee-shot miles into the trees on the right of 18. I was lucky to find it.

Ah well. We'll get em the next day - still delighted overall with how I played :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Birdie on the 13th? Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Birdie on the 13th? Well done.

Cheers - wind was strong into us, hit 5 wood over the top of the hill and a 5 iron from 170 metres into 12 feet. My long game was just ON yesterday. I only hit 3 loose long shots in the whole round. Sadly they cost me BIG time, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Junior scratch cup Sunday had 83 strokes 12 over
    Scored 8 0n the 6th par 4 so lost interest for a few holes,
    Finished 3 over for back 9 looking back still should have scored below 80 even with 8 on the card,
    Was 1 over before melt down wanted to rip up card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

32 points around Tipperary this morning with 2 scratches thrown in. Lift clean and place, bunkers out. Good few casual water relief drops taken, splodgy golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

What a stupid and funny game!!

Out for a 9hole comp this morning. Bit windy and a couple small showers but overall not to bad of conditions.

5 pars and 4 scratches, like what's up with that!! Not even a 1 pointer all scratches.

At least the 5 pars give me a reason to keep at it. Went par, 4 scratches, 4 pars :p

Funny aul game

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

A frustrating 27 points in Newcastle west today off 13. Bar a couple of scratches I struck the ball really well. The greens are awful, no roll at all. Totally disillusioned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Played in a society comp in Castleknock. 35 points. Happy with that, am begining to play some reasonable golf after years of rubbish. Had a whole scatter of 3 pointers as well as a few scratches. Also missed 3 short putts, including one 2 footer for birdie :mad: Anyway onwards and upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

1 under for 37pts in Lucan.

Decent round after a horror start. Scratched the 1st and 3 putted the 2nd with only 80 yards to the green. Went over the back and didn't get up and down so stood on the 3rd tee with one point, a sore head and wondering if I should have stayed it bed.

Played the 3rd poorly but managed to hole a 10 footer for par to keep something going. Finished the next 15 holes in 4 under with birdies on 4,9,13 & 14. Had a couple of great chances to extend this with a few short putts on 11,12 and 17 but happy enough. Hopefully the start of a decent run

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

82 strokes (including a 9 on one par 5) for 44 points off 17 in casual round during the week. That 30 min lesson I went for seems to have worked....for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

First round of my 3 needed for my hcap

98 strokes in total including 5 pars

Didn't actually play that bad a few shockers and then mostly bad putting cost me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

37 points yesterday. Putted well without hitting the ball we'll shows how important putting is. Off 15 struggled on the holes that I didn't have shots on for bogeys for a single point and one OOB leaving me with a scramble for a double for a point as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Jaysus - that was hard and slow.

33 points - sounds nothing , but in conditions very good. Finished with 4 pars.
    So happy enough.
    Only one bad bad shot , bladed wedge from bunker to OB.

But happy enough - could get a cut , but doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Nett 81 off 15 - I started and finished with lousy 8's but in between played reasonable golf in a strokeplay competition yesterday in Moate. Felt happier with my putting as I was not leaving any miles short as I had been recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Finally managed to put a round together.

74 gross, 68 net (par 71). Out in 38 and home in even par 36. 2 birdies, 11 pars and 5 bogies. I had 2 three putts in there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ballyk

Played a V Par competition in Ballykisteen in windy conditions yesterday. 93 shots gross off 16 which equated to -3 (+8 won it). Round was a mixed bag overall.

Positives: scored my first ever eagle, a 3 on the par 5 9th (the old 6th) with my third shot from 120 yards over a bunker landing on the green and then rolling into the hole.

Negatives: putting was poor, kept leaving putts short and also made silly mistakes on a few holes.

1 eagle :D
    3 pars
    8 bogeys
    4 doubles
    1 triple
    1 quadruple :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

ballyk wrote: »
    Played a V Par competition in Ballykisteen in windy conditions yesterday. 93 shots gross off 16 which equated to -3 (+8 won it). Round was a mixed bag overall.

Positives: scored my first ever eagle, a 3 on the par 5 9th (the old 6th) with my third shot from 120 yards over a bunker landing on the green and then rolling into the hole.

Negatives: putting was poor, kept leaving putts short and also made silly mistakes on a few holes.

3 pars
    8 bogeys
    4 doubles
    1 triple

What's the new layout BallyK? Have they changed much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Played Castlemartyr today. Savage course, although inland it has a great links feel and look to it!!

Played savage golf off the tee only missing one fairway all day!

Hitting irons well but not used to playing in links wind meant I was missing greens!

Short game improving well, no shanks again :) woohoo

Putter ruined what could have been a decent score. 41 putts!! Abysmal...looks like I need to go spend a few hours on putting green!!!

Finished up 3 over par nett but could definitely have been under!! Nice to see improvements in game. Onwards and upwards now for summer :)

kiers47 wrote: »
    What's the new layout BallyK? Have they changed much?

The course now starts on the old 10th and then works its way round through the old 11th, 12th, 13th etc. you keep going to the old 17th and then go to the old 6th which is now the 9th. The 18th hole is unchanged though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

3 pars
    8 bogeys
    4 doubles
    1 triple

Isn't that just bloody typical, you grab an eagle and it's a bloody V par comp :) nice one though.

PARlance wrote: »
    Isn't that just bloody typical, you grab an eagle and it's a bloody V par comp :) nice one though.

Absolutely! :) Immediately after my eagle went in my playing partner hit the flag with his 3rd shot and was left with an 18 inch tap in birdie. It would have been funny if both of us had eagled it. Of course both of us got the same score on the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

The course now starts on the old 10th and then works its way round through the old 11th, 12th, 13th etc. you keep going to the old 17th and then go to the old 6th which is now the 9th. The 18th hole is unchanged though.

Ah very good. Played there in February but was the old lay out. Must try out the new one. Probably actually flows a bit better that way does it?

Advertisement