Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

39 pts in Royal Curragh tee to green very good golf.
    Left a few points on the greens had a 4 putt and 3 putted another green.
    Greens were bad

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Going to try to keep track of my scores here this season, although it is always easy to start with a good one.

Had a 7-over, 77 gross, 63 net on Saturday in our Medal, off 14. 2 over front nine (after being 3 over through 3) and 5 over back 9. Won the medal by 3 shots.

I was particularly happy with my short putting from 6 feet in, think I only missed one all day. I have been trying out an Odyssey #7 Tank putter and have to say I'm in love with it. Also happy that I was able to keep my head and just play one shot at a time. I only realised I had a 63 counting the scores at the end. I made a conscious effort to not think about it, humming a tune if I did, to take my mind off it.

Probably getting back down to the level/handicap I should be at after having a shocking season last season, thus being out to 14. Hopefully can kick on now make this season the one I finally get down to single figures.

Oh and if anyone knows of an Odyssey #7 Tank putter on sale cheap, let me know! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

A disappointing 34 pts - left the win behind me with the putter which was just cold all day. 23 pts on the back 9 was the positive thought i'll take to next round. I'll blame the front 9 on the fact that I was asleep in bed literally 20 minutes before my first tee shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Ciaranra wrote: »
    39 pts in Royal Curragh tee to green very good golf.
    Left a few points on the greens had a 4 putt and 3 putted another green.
    Greens were bad

You left more than a few !

Played the Curragh with Ciaranra yesterday, disappointing 33pts.
    Two scratches & 3 one pointers enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

+1 Nett today in Birr (Home) today playing off the mens white tees. Was out with two lads and considering i was hitting the ball well yesterday and just to make life a bit easier I said i'd give myself a challenge. Will be doing it in future i think, keeps it interesting as some of the hole are like new holes altogether.

Driver worked well, had a nice high draw going
    Irons went good but still not consistent enough too many topped/thinned/slices
    Short game: Improving alot no shanks today but left alot shot especially when scrambling.
    Putter: On fire for front 9 (13 putts) Poorer on back (17putts). Green still quite hairy and untrue after hollow coring.

Overall game in decent shape, invested in a lesson on thursday to try get irons working better hopefully start loosing a few shots after that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Got out this evening and managed to get 14 holes in.
    32pts played well
    8 pars
    1 birdie
    5 bogey's

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Played in a team of 4 today with my father and friends. Absolutely delighted in how I played and my own personal score. First real competition experience in four years and great to have those little nerves again over the important shots.

3 over par/41points off my shiny new handicap of 8.

2 birdies
    11 pars
    5 bogies

Two bogies came on the long par 4's which were into the gale force wind so not too disappointed with them. Other 3 came from the Middle of the fairway with an 8 iron or less which was poor.

Driving was superb 12/14

Irons were hit and miss but tough conditions 11/18 GIR

31 putts but pretty happy with my stroke overall.

Great signs overall and very encouraging for year ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

31 points today. But I played well from tee to near green. Using the new irons and havebt got the control of pace and distance on the chips with the wedges in the set but got better as the round went on.

Out again tomorrow and hopefully can settle into them a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

Played a round in Ballyneety today. was fair windy tbh.
    playing of 22.
    had 2 scratchs but still ended up with 38 points.

happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Adare Manor - yesterday
    Great day out and great craic with the society.

Golf : 30pts off 12 (I didn't make many par 4's in 2 (doh!))

9th

6B1FBC07A85B4E188BAB3D5A839FC6DC-0000318644-0003749316-00800L-AE92E77207204F27BD406ED2DF20258E.jpg

15th

1D80C5D8987143AA95F2A760D522CE0A-0000318644-0003749320-00800L-0BF18E6FC82A44E6882C4B6AA58408A8.jpg

Par 3 : 16th

DEF4685D5925498CB887EFD1E288A5AB-0000318644-0003749319-00800L-CC74A342CE4044719E34AF0FED2AB840.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

that par 3 is a great hole. Playing with my dad a few years ago, I was 2 up playing that hole. hit my t shot over the water into 4 feet, with a 7 iron. What a great feeling :D

Played with dad on Friday evening. level par for 12 holes. I reported in the injuries thread that I wasnt transferring weight properly through the shot due to shin splints and Friday I decided to stop pussy footing around and go for it. I wrecked it. Hit 3 of the par 5's in two. 2 of them I had no right in getting anywhere near as i was more than 220 yards out on both holes, but just nutted the 5 wood each time. The 12th hole is a par 5, but we were too lazy to go back to the back mens tee so played from a forward ladies one. I hit drive - 8 iron to 15 foot and just missed the putt for eagle.... so we called it a par as the hole was shorter :)

Only let down on the day was a 4-putt on the 8th hole after being on it in 2. Felt great to be hitting the ball flat out. Hopefully can do the same in competition tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Played Blessington lakes yesterday in tough cool windy conditions 35 points and never got a decent putt, may warrant a cut as in similar conditions i have often seen the Standard scratch returned at 33/34 pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

It lasted 2 holes today, course should not have been opened. Water water everywhere. The golf gear is not out the back drying off in the sunshine 😞

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Played Esker Hills with shaunac93 and a member today. Another good day out on the course but terrible golf!! Drove great on most holes but my second shot was brutal over and over and over!! Also even after all the rain the greens were lightening quick.
    Had 4 pars!! My round was that bad!!!

Played in the comp in Athlone this morning. Hit the ball fabulously! tee to green I was IMMENSE!

And then I had 44 putts, lol

Just lost entire feel with the putter. Figured out what i was doing wrong by the 14th hole, but it was well too late at that stage :D

Ah well, next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭benny79

33pts in Castlecomer open. Weather was terrible starting out, rough was very soggy. Played well off the tee apart from 1 OOB on 14th :mad: which was my only scratch of the day, but followed it up with a great recovery short on the next hole (par3) after a pulled tee shot to a foot so my short game is improving with the practise, There was no run on the ball at all and it was plugging everywhere which made the course very long!

putter was cold which didnt help.

But getting more consistent & had a good bird and a good few pars just to many silly 1 pointers mainly due to putting but happy enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

81 in first stroke of the year, was going really nicely until hit bunker with water in it, should have taken a penalty drop but instead chose to take free drop in bunker rolled onto horrible lie in what was essentially mud, splashed it back in the same spot in the water!! Then took the penalty drop as I should have first time, but racked up an 8. Frustration got to me for next couple of holes, before at least having a decent run in of pars, another bad .1 to add to the tally.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

34points , 84 strokes in singles s/ford in home club yesterday Delgany.. ( HCP12 ) ... 40 points won it

played decent, but 3 double bogeys and 2 missed birde putts killed what was lining up to be a good score.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

First round off 12. 33pts. Pretty happy. One OB drive (not like me), three 3 putts and three bunkers cost me. Chipped very well after a good chipping practice session mid week.

http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/101-27497075-27497188

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

34 points in galway bay. Missed 3 putts from inside 3 feet. Winner had 37 and I would of had a better back nine had those 3 dropped. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Had 33 points on Saturday. Was hitting the ball pretty well, but my strength from the last round - my putting - let me down this time, along with my chipping. Had 2 blanks and 3 one pointers though, so 33 is not too bad.

Happy with the game at the moment, just needs some rough edges smoothed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,877 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

35 points.

Stunning out - first competition in a while, little (only a little break).

Putting a bit racy at times, still think I have Gin and Tonic in me or something.

79 strokes. Hit water and didn't get much to drop on greens.

Seem a bit stuck in that 33 to 35 range. Half decent golf - but buffer central.

It looks very still out inland - but on the coast a fair breeze.

I'll just stick at it and cuts should come. "Should".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Played a scotch foursomes competition with one of the women in the club this morning...had 45 points :) must say we worked very well together...I hit off every tee she got onto green and 2 putts. Made game very simple :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭gymman39

Played in esker hills yesterday and had 37 pts including an eagle on the par 5 6th which im chuffed with..still need to tidy up my short game but hey im above ground and the sun is shining so all is good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

played 3 rounds this week.
    a game of 2 halves.....
    Arklow out in +4 home in +2
    Rosslare out in +4 home in +1
    Courtown out in +5 home in par........I think the Golfing Gods are trying to tell me something.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

casual round this mornin, started with 3 bogeys, was 6 over after 16, double on last 2, sickening finish.

played 12 holes yesterday evening. Bogeyed the 4th and 5th holes. Parred the rest. Happy days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Usual Sunday comp this morning in glorious weather, started off very poor, was about +7 for the first 4 holes, then got a bit of consistency and came home with 33 points off 12.
    No 3 putts today which lately is an achievement for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Warmup for season 37, 38, 36, 41, 37....First 2 competitions...32,33 :(

• Advertisement

1st Hole - Par
    2nd Hole - Birdie
    3rd Hole - Par

And as I stood on the 4th tee I said, keep this going and I'll get close to getting down to 4!

That was the last good play I made and my driving capitulated entirely! I held my game together with duct tape, elastic bands and staples to be only +4 after 13 holes and then went double bogey, bogey, double bogey to effectively end any aspirations I had for posting a good score.

First 0.1 back of the year acquired! :D

Advertisement