Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Gonehawking

Does anyone have any idea what the weather is looking like next weekend/mon, tuesday thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing very heavy here SW Donegal

can i stay in your house for winter every year
    :cool:

I must build a ski resort up here, Little log cabins and a bar for the apre ski, bordsie discounts will be available :pac:

• Advertisement

Blue sky's in louth at the min.im hoping for some ninja snow later

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just got very dark in Sligo Town. Grapple, followed by sleet, now light snow falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

Just took this outside derry in the hills, can anyone tell me what the term for this is? I thought it was subsun, but not sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

Amazing! Could you PM the location or townland name maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Wonder will we get much from the showery trough that's moveing down over the country tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

ComaWhite wrote: »
    Just took this outside derry in the hills, can anyone tell me what the term for this is? I thought it was subsun, but not sure...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Sun is out here now, looks like a couple of spots of snow on the BBC radar over the next 24 hours, with a monster band covering the covering the length of the country heading in out sunday night, and the early hours of monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 silverthorn100

Grey and overcast here in South tipp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Aircraft Freak

Not a sniff of Sneachta in North Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

A very heavy snow shower on the way down to Cork this morning around Kilkenny/Tip. The Galtees had a nice covering on them as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Not a sniff of Sneachta in North Wicklow.
    In rathdrum at the moment and some snowy looking clouds out there now. Edit - just checked the radar, and nothing showing :rolleyes:

Wasn't much at home overnight. Judging by what was frozen on the car, anything that fell, fell as something other than snow. Roads still pretty frozen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Aircraft Freak

Macy0161 wrote: »
    In rathdrum at the moment and some snowy looking clouds out there now.

Wasn't much at home overnight. Judging by what was frozen on the car, anything that fell, fell as something other than snow. Roads still pretty frozen though.

Hopfully it makes it's way up here, nothing but sunshine at the moment.

Cianmcliam wrote: »
    Amazing! Could you PM the location or townland name maybe?

I'm halfway up Carrane Hill which is part of the Arigna Mountain range, I'm near enough to where Sligo, Leitrim and Roscommon meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

NMB wrote: »
    Ah please can someone on Sunday,
    forecast "WhiteGold" for Dublin central specifically ... just for a half hour. Thank you so much

Thankyou Grace7 for all your lovely posts. I love reading them.
    Kermit I believe in you !

Aw gee! Blushing here but happy that you are happy :)

I'm halfway up Carrane Hill which is part of the Arigna Mountain range, I'm near enough to where Sligo, Leitrim and Roscommon meet.

I know it.. I used to live near Drumkeeran and always explore anywhere fully...;) used to drive home from eg Drumshanbo across the mountains and down through Arigna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

I'm drooling!!! My daughter is so jealous. Great pics by the way - love the one with the little robin, it's so clear.:cool:

great to see the dew points as low this time of day
    pointrosee_uk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭mallards

20150117_101326_zpsfjqwahjt.jpg

From Lough Neagh around half ten this morning.
    Infrequent snow showers today but still a good bit of snow around, above 200m in Tyrone.

20150117_143500_zpsmrqm0ihx.jpg

20150117_142549_zpstwcaw0gs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭hats199

Thunder, lightening and sleet in Salthill

heavy rain here. then still.. feel like singing " the party's over";) Still snow on the top.... this was from Ladies View on the Ring of Kerry between Killarney and Moll's Gap yesterday 2pziono.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

There was a bit of snow when I woke up yesterday on the hills in Cooley and a bit more on the Mournes. My friend who lives on the northern side of the Mournes in Dromara said it was about 2" deep in the streets there. I dont know about you guys, but Im getting really AAAAANGRY that there isnt a lot more on the East coast. Ive been talking to my friends in Scotland and they have loads, they are struggling to drive anywhere at all.

Why angry? Shaking my head here...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

There was a bit of snow when I woke up yesterday on the hills in Cooley and a bit more on the Mournes. My friend who lives on the northern side of the Mournes in Dromara said it was about 2" deep in the streets there. I dont know about you guys, but Im getting really AAAAANGRY that there isnt a lot more on the East coast. Ive been talking to my friends in Scotland and they have loads, they are struggling to drive

anywhere at all.

Glasgow only got a bit of snow yesterday....first of the winter...southern England haven't had a flake since 2012 nor has Northern France so cheer up....anyway easterly/north easterly winds are becoming less and less rare unfortunately..... When they do come Dublin/Wicklow etc does very well but as I say these set ups are becoming more rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Graces7 wrote: »
    Why angry? Shaking my head here...:confused:

Because I love snow and I really want to go out and skid about in it, its great fun! Maybe not angry, but jealous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Glasgow only got a bit of snow yesterday....first of the winter...southern England haven't had a flake since 2012 nor has Northern France so cheer up....anyway easterly/north easterly winds are becoming less and less rare unfortunately..... When they do come Dublin/Wicklow etc does very well but as I say these set ups are becoming more rare.

Mor and more rare I mean.....snowing in Dublin 15...sorry no, its just my dandruff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement