Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Very light snow in Dublin 5 with a small dusting already

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Dusting Malahide. Light/mod snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sleet here, roads wet.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Just a hard frost in drogheda at the mo

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A brief burst of proper (fluffy) snow here (in Dublin 16) but very short lived. Sky looks to be clearing from the north now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Where a good place to go tobogganing in the Wicklow/ Dublin mountain area?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Clear and cold up here in the South Kerry mountains. Icy stars. Dogs and cats so hungry..Thankfully one of the long promised gifts of firewood arrived late yesterday. A trailer filled with bags of good dry logs ;) Happy!:) The small range is a wonder in these conditions. So I filled it with wood, coal and slack.. heated all the water I could need atop and got the floors washed..clothes washed without using gas or electricity.. baked a large potato in the side oven... floury inside and crisp outsides...For those of us in rural Ireland, the weather is a part of the daily basic fabric of life. I will never forget the struggle RobertKK had in that bad winter just keeping the water and milk flowing. Noble man! I was melting snow for water...So this weather is grand....the cold beauty but not the dire problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Here is a link that will give you heads up before the next wave of showers if any...

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/?type=rain-snow-sleet

http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

DOCARCH wrote: »
    A brief burst of proper (fluffy) snow here (in Dublin 16) but very short lived. Sky looks to be clearing from the north now.

Ground should be white all the same particularly the tarmac.

Snow risk for Monday night alive and well.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Where a good place to go tobogganing in the Wicklow/ Dublin mountain area?

I don't think there is enough snow anywhere easily accessible for tobogganing...unless you were willing to trek to a mountain top (like Lugnaquila).

• Advertisement

Jaysus, will you let the man rant Graces7! :)

Classic case of snow envy, it will pass...

He sounds so unhappy! Far easier to adjust! Hate for folk to be so unhappy is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Here is a link that will give you heads up before the next wave of showers if any...

http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

Nice link, surprised to see lots of white on the cams, the N11 here is just shiny, wish me luck!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pimlico

Slightest dusting of snow in Dublin 8

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Nice dusting in Dublin 15....at least it is white...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 choclate

Light dusting in Dublin 15. Going to see if we can make snow ball. An excited 5yr old (read parents:-)) getting ready.

Light dusting in Dublin 15. Going to see if we can make snow ball. An excited 5yr old (read parents:-)) getting ready.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

It's -0.3; breezy, partly cloudy, everywhere frozen, low clouds scudding in from the NW.

Met Eireann rainfall radar showed a fairly extensive shower passing through here 6.30 to 7.00; it was centred right on top of where I am at 6.45 - but...

not a trace of anything, even though all surfaces here are frozen hard - not so much as a frozen bit of graupel or a lonely snowflake anywhere.

I don't believe in radar anymore.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Very light dusting falling at the moment in Slieverue. 2 very excited dogs who have seen snow before and 2 very confused and cold dogs who have never seen snow before.

Only lasted around 5 minutes or so.

I got up around 6am to let all the dogs out and it was freezing, the ground was covered in a thick frost but I wasn't expecting snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

nothing in goatstown :(. min temp overnight -1.1 rose after that but falling the last hour again, currently 0.9

please please please give me snow. I don't want much, I'd be happy with a meter or 2

• Advertisement

kenmc wrote: »
    nothing in goatstown :(. min temp overnight -1.1 rose after that but falling the last hour again, currently 0.9

please please please give me snow. I don't want much, I'd be happy with a meter or 2

funny guy!

Lightest dusting of snow imaginable here (in Dublin 16). Can see the individual snow flakes on car roofs, walls, pavements, grass, etc. But...snow's snow! :P

Well, IF it snows here I will take my small dog all the way along the lane to where I will get an amazing photo of the house totally surrounded by snowy mountains... As I am not fit today to be anywhere but bed that is a rash promise but I feel pretty safe!;) Too much housework yesterday is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Mech1

is that a possible streamer west of iom? Any chance of it heading into Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Graces7 wrote: »
    funny guy!

first thing my 2 year old said this morning : Morning Daddy, is it snowing?

I never even told her it might snow !

#soproud :)

Mech1 wrote: »
    is that a possible streamer west of iom? Any chance of it heading into Dublin?

Heading down the Irish Sea by the looks of it. Wind in Dublin is from the west, so unlikely to make landfall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Heading down the Irish Sea by the looks of it. Wind in Dublin is from the west, so unlikely to make landfall.

I'd be surprised if you didn't have some snow from tomorrow evening's front
    It's tight but probably the right side of marginal

It is brutal out there. Icy rain in bitter wind. Both the cats ran in! So did I

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

An hour ago there was a hard frost everywhere in drogheda now it's nearly all melted but alot of cloud is rolling in it better be snow at least the frost made it look a hit like winter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

I'd be surprised if you didn't have some snow from tomorrow evening's front
    It's tight but probably the right side of marginal

I'm just under 40km west of Dublin, at just under 100m ASL and have hills just under 150m ASL adjacent to me so your comments give me some aspiration!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement