Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shootings in Paris - Multiple fatalities.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

The people Of Israel are fighting for their very lives against the terrorists of Hamas who are cowards who hide in schools and hospitals.

And disguise themselves as children playing football...

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

A couple of gob****es commit an atrocity and you blame the whole BILLION+ members of the religion :rolleyes:

Instant jumping to the defense of Islam. Lets bash the catholics but no one say a word about this religion less we offend the followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Egginacup wrote: »
    I don't think it's a piss-take at all. You can express all the fury you want but we (the west) created these people so expressing faux-outrage when they pick up a gun and fight back after years/decades of abuse and oppression by the West is a bit like kicking a dog repeatedly and then calling animal protection when he snaps at you.

As for the policeman.....was he anymore deserving of death than the millions of innocents killed in the countless campaigns against Middle East countries by Western powers? Obama alone has slaughtered more innocoent people just in his drone strikes alone than were killed on 9/11

But if you insist on killing these people till they bend to your will ("the beatings shall continue until morale improves!") then have the decency to take the odd revenge and retribution attack like a man.

So a magazine and some journalists is an acceptable target? What revenge where they taking there? Revenge for a drawing they didn't like? Wise up.

You're as bad as the sectarian nutters on here who want to kick muslims out of Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

VinLieger wrote: »
    Did I say it would take 10 years? No but its very realistic that a majority could emerge in 50-100

I'm pretty sure there'll be a different bogey man for you to worry about in 100 years time if you make it that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

So the problem is the west is to blame for killing parisiens and the ismamic gun toters who kill people are innocent victims and muhamed is a great chap.

Yeah that makes sense........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Should be a bigger turnout at the next pegida demo in Germany now......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Should be a bigger turnout at the next pegida demo in Germany now......

Was thinking that - 18000 the other night, I'd say double if they had one this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,714 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

MadYaker wrote: »
    Does anyone know if these guys were french? As in were they a bunch of loonies who recently converted to Islam or were they actually from the middle east?

I have a suspicion they aren't ideologically 'French' and i doubt if asked that they would consider themselves to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Jeez just watching sky news. can't believe they show the footage to where the police man was shot in the head. some barbaric stuff.

If it was a british policeman I bet they wouldn't, there would be at least some sympathy for his family.

Sky news love this kind of thing, they thrive on it, they'll roll out there "experts" and replay this non-stop, giving these islamists the publicity they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

josip wrote: »
    Meanwhile in other news,

Islamic extremists kill 35 fellow Muslims in Yemen.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-30706208

Islamic extremists kill 23 fellow Muslims in Iraq
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-30694513

Careful, unless it is Muslims vs the rest of the world it's whataboutery.

It appears it is becoming a west vs everyone "debate" anyway so you might get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Panrich

VinLieger wrote: »
    Did I say it would take 10 years? No but its very realistic that a majority could emerge in 50-100

Surely people will have seen through the bull**** by then. People here believed in fairies and banshees 100 years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

The people Of Israel are fighting for their very lives against the terrorists of Hamas who are cowards who hide in schools and hospitals.

What a load of bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Drakares wrote: »
    Instant jumping to the defense of Islam. Lets bash the catholics but no one say a word about this religion less we offend the followers.

Not jumping to the defense of ISLAM i am defending the billion+ people who are being tarred with the terrorist brush as usual because they happen to be of the same religion as these mental ****wits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Whatever the opinion on Israel it's irrelevant as you said earlier that only the followers of Islam engage in dancing/happiness at the deaths of innocents. We've already seen two examples where Jews/Israelis were doing the exact same thing.

kstand wrote: »
    Was thinking that - 18000 the other night, I'd say double if they had one this weekend.

I'd say less. Was amazed none of the islamic extremists blew up the event tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

josip wrote: »
    Meanwhile in other news,

Islamic extremists kill 35 fellow Muslims in Yemen.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-30706208

Islamic extremists kill 23 fellow Muslims in Iraq
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-30694513

Different sects of muslims have been knocking the sh**e out of each other for time immemorial, it's not exactly anything new.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Don't bother responding to trolls like Paul_Hacket and others, they are just looking for a reaction like trolls do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Jeez just watching sky news. can't believe they show the footage to where the police man was shot in the head. some barbaric stuff.

Well that's the reality of these Islamic scumbags I just watched the footage and it's shocking! So F@ck them and the usual suspects who defend the religion to the hilt on here and can't see the problems caused by this religion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

I think you're confused. France didn't invade anyone.

They played a pivotal role intervening in Libya. Last year they entered Mali to battle Islamic groups. I have mixed feelings about the first case but the second intervention was probably a very positive one for the people of Mali and in most ways I supported it.

Anyway, you called me stupid for not knowing history. Can you retract that personal attack or will you be changing the goalposts today?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Muslims at it again. Mark my words western and european culture is under attack not just from Islamic extremists but Islam itself. Time to stand up and protect our culture from these people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Would Charlie Hebdo have printed those cartoons in Ireland with our anti-blasphemy law?

I doubt it.

It's time we got rid of anti-blasphemy laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

nokia69 wrote: »
    and yet most of the leaders of islamic terrorist groups are millionaires with excellent educations

there are thousands of muslims from Europe fighting in syria and iraq with ISIS, none of these people are illiterate peasants

And Mao was an arsehole who co-opted a revolution and turned it against his enemies and into a vehicle for his own personal rise to power.

Hitler took advantage of a fractured country brought to it's knees by war to further his own lunacy.

What having this sort of populace does is give an easily exploitable resource for scumbags and lunatics to use to further their own agendas.

There are similar sorts of problems in Hindu countries in the Indian subcontinent and Christians in Africa but there are differences in who they're attacking - there haven't been religiously motivated wars between those places and the nominally Christian West for 1500 years.

It doesn't mean every terrorist is from that background or that every person in that background is a terrorist but it does create an incubator for this sort of thing to arise.
    kstand wrote: »
    What a wonderfully Utopian view you have - completely unworkable unfortunately.

It's how we've got where we are today.

The only problem is that it has taken us centuries to get from where the Muslim world is.
    drumswan wrote: »
    Seems to be doing ok in France!?

Islamic extremism will die when Islam dies.

We are infinitely better of in this country without the noose of Catholicism around our necks, time to treat Islam in Europe in the same fashion.

There wasn't some well-spring of Islam among ethnically French people, bar one or two lunatics who've hopped on the bandwagon.

They've imported this problem. France was a natural place for Muslims to seek a better life given that some of them had already been part of it up until fairly recently.

You can't make Islam die by shooting it in the face. It'll die when the groundswell of support for it migrates to more sensible things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

bear1 wrote: »
    My apologies to the poster. I have deleted the post as I had completely misunderstood.
    Hope no offence was taken.

If this was about my post - apologies accepted, I didn't even have the chance to see what you wrote.

And indeed definitely not my own opinion! (and I was actually using milder language that the tweets I was summarizing)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Paul_Hacket

Don't bother responding to trolls like Paul_Hacket and others, they are just looking for a reaction like trolls do.
    I made substance bassed points. You clearlly can't argue the ugly details of how we have come to this point so instead all you can do is make silly ad hominem attacks against others. Must be frustrating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Paul Hackett has a different opinion. That dont make him a troll.

Anyone who cannot/refuses to see a link between today's events and recent western actions in the Middle East is either stupid or disingenuous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

While you wish to put them into camps.

It is a person who wants to put Muslims into camps. Of course everyone who doesnt agree is taking part in whataboutery :rolleyes:

I doubt all muslims will celebrate it anyway. The hivemind might be busy for a night. You dont seem too bothered about you people claiming if you dont agree with you then you support murdering innocent people.
    I'm a supporter of Palestine, I am staunchly condemnatory of the Israeli state/military, I know most muslims are not fanatics and do not deserve to be tarred with the fundamentalist brush (which I know Grand Moff Tarkin is doing, and I said it to him)... but that doesn't make me view the whataboutery on this thread as any less disgusting. "Look at what's happened under christianity/under catholicism in Ireland", "'We' are responsible for I.S. atrocities", "'We' can't talk".
    People saying the likes of the above, following this atrocity and the other I.S. atrocities, really need to do a bit of actual thinking and remove their right-on blinkers. It wouldn't surprise me either if they didn't wheel out the old "whatabout" angle if we were talking about an atrocity committed by christians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

Thats what's confusing me. I understand if people disagree that western interventions overseas has had a direct relationship to these attacks on European soil but how in God's name can saying that make you a terrorist supporter!?!

It's like mini-America in here. We're being attacked for using logic and evidence and nuanced approaches to understanding a complex political situation. Instead we should be shouting, "mooslims hate us for our freedoms".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Paul Hackett has a different opinion. That dont make him a troll.

Anyone who cannot/refuses to see a link between today's events and recent western actions in the Middle East is either stupid or disingenuous.

The only event event in the middle east that i am concerned about is Islamic State and the only solution to that is Western boots on the ground and kill em all......

I made substance bassed points. You clearlly can't argue the ugly details of how we have come to this point so instead all you can do is make silly ad hominem attacks against others. Must be frustrating.

I'll play. Tell me how Andre Spitzer is to do with the murdering of french journalists. You think he has obviously. He is Israeli. Should I wait for you to look up that name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

No. Those people are not fighting for their lives. They are enjoying watching innocent people being killed by bombs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement