Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Katniss everMean

andreac wrote: »
    I enquired last month to 8 celebrants i think, for august next year and only one was free for my date and that was Billy. Have you contacted him? I'd contact them all and see who comes back to you first and go with them.

Eek!! :/ not contacted him yet. Ill send out another batch of mails!! thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Took us 4 goes to get someone for August next year too!

Think I have solved my shoe dilemna - hope so. Have seen a few places online that dye shoes etc but a bit wary about buying shoes online - as my daughter said if Im not wearing slippers they will 'cut the feet off me anway'

One in the UK kept popping up and the reviews were fantastic from WOL etc. Little bit on their site - vist our shop - they have a shop you can go into and try them all on and then they will dye them and post them to you. They are based in Liverpool. Believe it or not Im heading to Liverpool in June. Nearly 30 years since I have been in Liverpool and only going because my niece and her mates cocked up their booking and can't go so my sister and I are going instead.

Must be a sign! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sahara24

Hi everyone,

Getting married 9th September 2016, have the venue booked, chose our caterers but have yet to book them and have our HSE registrar booked.

Any recommendations for a DJ in Cork, we live in the midlands so I'm not familiar with any of the popular ones down south...we aren't having a band either so need a great DJ ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Look up Aidan kavanagh. He's brilliant and travels everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kmmh58

hi guys,

I'm jumping on the thread too. We got engaged in February 2015. We are planning out wedding for September or October 2016. We have been looking at venues and to be honest I'm finding the whole experience extremely stressful. I think most of the stress is coming from myself.

I have found that hotels in towns with not many photography opportunities have better packages (more included for the price) but if we want a venue that had a lovely ceremony room, photography opportunities (gardens, forest etc) and a nice reception room they barely have anything included when compared with the town hotels.

As we are having a civil ceremony I would prefer for everything to be in one location so I don't have to go elsewhere for photos.

Also another thing that is stressful is people supplying opinions about package prices. I mean they are not paying for it!!

Anyway I think I have found the venue and just need to negotiate a little more. They have already included a main course choice €4pp into the price and reduced the ceremony room cost, do you think it would be rude for me to try get something else added?

• Advertisement

kmmh58 wrote: »
    hi guys,

I'm jumping on the thread too. We got engaged in February 2015. We are planning out wedding for September or October 2016. We have been looking at venues and to be honest I'm finding the whole experience extremely stressful. I think most of the stress is coming from myself.

I have found that hotels in towns with not many photography opportunities have better packages (more included for the price) but if we want a venue that had a lovely ceremony room, photography opportunities (gardens, forest etc) and a nice reception room they barely have anything included when compared with the town hotels.

As we are having a civil ceremony I would prefer for everything to be in one location so I don't have to go elsewhere for photos.

Also another thing that is stressful is people supplying opinions about package prices. I mean they are not paying for it!!

Anyway I think I have found the venue and just need to negotiate a little more. They have already included a main course choice €4pp into the price and reduced the ceremony room cost, do you think it would be rude for me to try get something else added?

Ask away, they can only say no. They'd be used to negotiation so I wouldn't stress about that. Don't tell others what it's costing. It's none of their business. We had the same but we booked what we want and just said it was in this venue. No one knows what we are paying per head, they can only guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kmmh58

Ask away, they can only say no. They'd be used to negotiation so I wouldn't stress about that. Don't tell others what it's costing. It's none of their business. We had the same but we booked what we want and just said it was in this venue. No one knows what we are paying per head, they can only guess.

Thanks westernlass, I'm such a people pleaser that sometimes I forget this day is about myself and my fiancé :)

Thanks westernlass, I'm such a people pleaser that sometimes I forget this day is about myself and my fiancé :)

You'll please more people being happy. They all have opinions, let them talk and then do your own thing anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

You'll please more people being happy. They all have opinions, let them talk and then do your own thing anyways

^^Love this!! So true :)

Op with regards to your venue - don't get hung up on the outside space for pics over another. If - and not to put a dampner on things but we are all in the same boat - its absolutely pouring rain all the gardens and forests won't help. Lay all the pros and cons out of your favourite venues and go with what is the best across the board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

This is actually something we (mostly me) struggled with as, in the end chose a venue which ticked all boxes except the outside photo opportunities and found a venue very near by where we can take photos for a fee, which in the long run saved us (and our guests) more than the other potential venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Dovies wrote: »
    Op with regards to your venue - don't get hung up on the outside space for pics over another. If - and not to put a dampner on things but we are all in the same boat - its absolutely pouring rain all the gardens and forests won't help. Lay all the pros and cons out of your favourite venues and go with what is the best across the board.

Agree completely with this. We're getting married April next year and went to have a look around our venue with our photographer last weekend. The sky was nearly black and it was absolutely pouring rain, but we went around the venue and he found loads of lovely photo opportunities indoors we were delighted! We can't bank on the weather and now that we've had that visit I'm not even worrying about the rain on the day as we'll all be indoors and it'll be grand.

Best of luck with your decision OP x

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oksanija

Hi, All,##

I'm new on this forum,,

We are dedicated to organize affordable and cheap weddings in any Irish city(we both from Dublin).
    Any venues recommendations? 25-50 guests?
    We planning our wedding on august/september 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

sahara24 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Getting married 9th September 2016, have the venue booked, chose our caterers but have yet to book them and have our HSE registrar booked.

Any recommendations for a DJ in Cork, we live in the midlands so I'm not familiar with any of the popular ones down south...we aren't having a band either so need a great DJ ☺️

Paul Cullen. I'll PM you his contact details

Update on this, think we are all tapped out for humanist celebrants. All bar two have replied and are not available. I've been told that new humanist will be going up on the site so ill keep looking but I think it's time to form a plan B :)

Update on this, think we are all tapped out for humanist celebrants. All bar two have replied and are not available. I've been told that new humanist will be going up on the site so ill keep looking but I think it's time to form a plan B :)

what about unitarian church?
    http://www.mrs2be.ie/wedding-forum/the-ceremony/topic18160.html

When is your wedding?

Thanks for this! Ill have a look into it. Our venue has a gorgeous ceremony room which we really want to use.
    fannymagee wrote: »
    When is your wedding?
    June 2016 over a year away but still everyone else seems to have gotten there before me! :D

Thanks for this! Ill have a look into it. Our venue has a gorgeous ceremony room which we really want to use.

June 2016 over a year away but still everyone else seems to have gotten there before me! :D

Ouch! Have you looked into having an Interfaith Minister? There's 12 of them at the moment & no-one seems to have heard of them, so might be some availability! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Can you not check if your local civil registrar from your local registry office is free?

• Advertisement

Just saw that Faith had posted in the 2015 thread that she had stamps ordered so I went and had a nosey on An Post website and yes, you can buy speciality stamps!
    http://www.irishstamps.ie/Shop/p-1515-love-and-marriage-self-adhesive-booklet-n-rate.aspx

You learn something new every day.

Just saw that Faith had posted in the 2015 thread that she had stamps ordered so I went and had a nosey on An Post website and yes, you can buy speciality stamps!
    http://www.irishstamps.ie/Shop/p-1515-love-and-marriage-self-adhesive-booklet-n-rate.aspx

You learn something new every day.
    yes these are exactly the ones i used on my RSVP envelopes

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They're the ones we got. They actually match our invite theme really well!

fannymagee wrote: »
    Ouch! Have you looked into having an Interfaith Minister? There's 12 of them at the moment & no-one seems to have heard of them, so might be some availability! :)

No I haven't thanks for that ill take a look now!!
    andreac wrote: »
    Can you not check if your local civil registrar from your local registry office is free?

Date is a Saturday which I don't believe they can do?

Another option is i guess we go to registry office on Friday and do the legal stuff and get someone to perform a ceremony with the legal paperwork on Saturday but I'm worried it wouldn't feel like our wedding day then.

Another option is i guess we go to registry office on Friday and do the legal stuff and get someone to perform a ceremony with the legal paperwork on Saturday but I'm worried it wouldn't feel like our wedding day then.

totally know what you mean, I'd be the same! I'd suck it up and go for a token church wedding rather than split my wedding in two parts.

All the solemnisers here:
    www.welfare.ie/en/downloads/register_of_solemnisers.xls

Cake maker will have samples for us to try out ready on the 3rd June. I plan on having 3 different ones so she is making me 5 samples - fruit, lemon sponge, carrot cake, chocolate biscuit and something with baileys in it.

If we didn't have to save, I would be organised enough to have the wedding this July, not next :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

This is probably a really random question, but for the brides here having humanist ceremonies, on-site, where are you getting ready? My venue is about 45 minutes from my parents house so Isuppose I could get ready at home then head down. The other option is to stay in my venue the night before the wedding but they require a minimum number of rooms be booked and I don't want to put anyone under pressure to stay the night before as weddings are dear enough to attend! Or might it be possible to drive to the venue early and get ready there that morning? Just curious as to what others are doing!

Would you get someone (or hire) a nice car to drive you from your parents to the venue?

Have you a photographer booked? They are sometimes the best person to go to for inspiration.

My venue is about the minutes from home but I'm getting ready at home and leaving from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

Yeah in a way I think it makes sense to go from my parents, but I have 5 bridesmaids (which I know is a lot but I love them all and can afford it, just about!) So I'd have to arrange cars for them too...I would have quite liked to stay at the venue the night before but minimum 10 rooms required at 160 a room!

Advertisement