Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Oh gosh that's tough and not what you need this close to the wedding. It's so hard when it's family that are arguing, if it's friends then it's easy enough to cut them off, but family is different and not as easy to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

andreac wrote: »
    Oh gosh that's tough and not what you need this close to the wedding. It's so hard when it's family that are arguing, if it's friends then it's easy enough to cut them off, but family is different and not as easy to sort out.

Definitely not. Just last week they were offering to help me with two important jobs the day of the wedding to take the strain off me because they know I will have the kids while Im getting ready. Then to tell my OH that I force this kind of stuff on them and they're "stuck" doing it for me... even though he was there when the conversation took place :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Whatever about them going - don't let them sit anywhere near you. You can sit the miserable liars in the corner and let them keep their lies and negativity to themselves.

It sounds so horrible, really hope you can find a way to cope.

For my wedding I've got a friend on duty to run interference if the toxic in law approaches me ( I don't think she'll come).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Picked up the BM dresses yesterday and they are gorgeous. Tiny alterations to be done so getting on that today! :)

Well so far I am down a bridesmaid from the debacle. Now on the hunt for someone else slim enough to fit into the dress :pac:
    Now we just have to find out if the Best Man is still going...

• Advertisement

Can you not just be one short? Wedding parties are often uneven these days, no one will bat an eyelid.

I hope the bestman sees sense, god, weddings really do bring out the worst in people.

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Well so far I am down a bridesmaid from the debacle. Now on the hunt for someone else slim enough to fit into the dress :pac:

Oh no, thought you might have got it sorted out. God, last thing you need now with this short time to go.

GingerLily wrote: »
    Can you not just be one short? Wedding parties are often uneven these days, no one will bat an eyelid.

I hope the bestman sees sense, god, weddings really do bring out the worst in people.

I wouldn't like to be one short. It means someone isn't dancing during the first dance which would just look odd in my opinion. I did manage to find someone willing to step in, we just need to get them up to speed and hope there are no more hiccups! :(
    Oh no, thought you might have got it sorted out. God, last thing you need now with this short time to go.

I really did myself, considering she is getting married herself next year I thought she would have a marginal understanding of how important this is - but I digress :o

I've been the odd BM before in a wedding, it wasn't so bad, I was just happy to be there on the day.
    But obviously do what's right for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

ShaShaBear wrote:
    Well so far I am down a bridesmaid from the debacle. Now on the hunt for someone else slim enough to fit into the dress Now we just have to find out if the Best Man is still going...

Shasha Ive seen your posts and in an almost identical situation myself although we are due to be married next year.
    I hope you have a great day regardless ,don't let them win. They are only making a show of themselves

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

ShaShaBear wrote: »

Jesus, ShaSha, you poor thing!

So, your fiance's brother and sister agreed to be in your wedding party without reservations. But then his family started saying things about you, and on the back on that, the sister has stepped down?! I don't understand that thought process at all! Either she thought those things all along, in which case, why would she agree to be BM, or she doesn't think those things but the family have put her under pressure to step down?! :confused:

Faith wrote: »
    Jesus, ShaSha, you poor thing!

So, your fiance's brother and sister agreed to be in your wedding party without reservations. But then his family started saying things about you, and on the back on that, the sister has stepped down?! I don't understand that thought process at all! Either she thought those things all along, in which case, why would she agree to be BM, or she doesn't think those things but the family have put her under pressure to step down?! :confused:

It's very hard to explain without giving the full story, which would make us all far too identifiable but it's incredibly complicated. The stuff that was said doesn't even make sense because my OH was witness to most of the alleged incidents so he didn't even need to ask my side of things :pac:
    At this stage I am trying not to let it get to me - I asked another family member who is delighted to stand in and we have someone to ask if the Best Man goes the same way. It's an irreparable situation and my kids will probably suffer the most.

On an unrelated note, managed to get all of the men their shoes for €105 - a bargain considering what the suit shop had! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Hi all, I've never had my make up professionally done and I'm getting it done for my wedding. I'm getting married at home but I live in Dublin. Getting make up trials is proving awkward. I can definitely get 1. Are 2 triala really needed? I've seen this girls work and it's lovely and a very good friend swears by her.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Tea & cake, I think 1 trial is the standard. I got my MUA to do my makeup for a wedding I was attending just to make sure she was a good fit for me & then I'm having a proper trial closer to the wedding (when it would be a bit late to look for someone else if it was a disaster). Any quotes I got only mentioned 1 trial. I did the same with hair. Hope that helps:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Allers

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is planning on tipping their suppliers or is this customary for a wedding? Thanks!

Allers wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is planning on tipping their suppliers or is this customary for a wedding? Thanks!

no - wouldnt have thought it necessary. I wont be anyway

Hi all,

I won't be! I'm pretty sure the price they quote is a profit based on how much they think they deserve for their work. I don't think they need any extra ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

What about at the hotel? Do couples usually leave a tip for the wait staff/ bar workers?

Tea & cake, I think 1 trial is the standard. I got my MUA to do my makeup for a wedding I was attending just to make sure she was a good fit for me & then I'm having a proper trial closer to the wedding (when it would be a bit late to look for someone else if it was a disaster). Any quotes I got only mentioned 1 trial. I did the same with hair. Hope that helps:)
    Fab, thanks a million. just a bit panicked. Was looking at invites and found that very stressful :/
    Hi all,

I hadn't planned it, I may tip bar/waiting staff but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 The_Stranger

OMG! This day next week will be my wedding day! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

OMG! This day next week will be my wedding day! :D

I'm Friday!!! (Almost tomorrow if we're being technical :):) )

michellie wrote: »

Ah we can be technical! Woohoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 The_Stranger

michellie wrote: »

Best of luck tomorrow!! :D Hope you have a fab day. Enjoy every second of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

OMG how did I firget there was a wedding section on boards .... another addiction to add to the list

collegeme wrote: »
    OMG how did I firget there was a wedding section on boards .... another addiction to add to the list

RUN WHILE YOU STILL HAVE WILLPOWER!! :D

4 WEEKS TODAY!!! AAhhhhhhh

4 WEEKS TODAY!!! AAhhhhhhh

2 weeks tomorrow - dress fitting today.
    Im sure there is something I should be doing!

Dovies wrote: »
    2 weeks tomorrow - dress fitting today.
    Im sure there is something I should be doing!

I know, im feeling the same. Feel i should be doing more?? Oh i thought you were after me for some reason. You can give me loads of tips after your big day ha ha :D

I know, im feeling the same. Feel i should be doing more?? Oh i thought you were after me for some reason. You can give me loads of tips after your big day ha ha :D

Yes please report back with any and all tips :)

Best of luck ladies.

• Advertisement

Hope all the ladies getting married over the last few days had an absolutely fabulous time!

Had another dress fitting today - unbelievable amount of work to alter my dress because of my height in the shoes, but it's shaping up lovely!

Down a bridesmaid and the best man had to be replaced too. Very confrontational meeting with the in-laws tomorrow to see what can be salvaged and I'd honestly rather crawl into a hole and die than even look at them :mad:

Advertisement