Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Festival 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Jebus need a good sleep tonight feel like my head is going to explode gonna be dreaming of Cheltenham tonight to the theme tune of my lovely horse multicolour version.:D
    Good man you are:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

To whet everyones appetite :p

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

Brian2850 wrote: »
    Yeah, I can see your reasoning there. Nicols Canynon unseating when they met over Christmas is causing the doubt in my mind. Jockey bookings would support your view but he is starting to look a big price.

Form through Baily Cloud Phils Magic has about 8l to find. Not a lot for novices though.
    Still leaves them with a bit to find on Douvan.

I just can't tell the English form though. They would be my main worries.

I'd like to see Douvan win but cant back him. I don't see anything I can back against him ew with any confidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just in case this has not been posted

Information TV Freesat 401 and Sky 212 have a three hour preview at 8 PM till 11 pm with Alastair Down and John Francome join Mike Cattermole and Alan Alger. With Gary Moore, Harry Fry Alan King and Patrick Mullins its presented by Betway

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Triboro

In a competition for cheltenham where you pick a horse from each of the first four races every day , double points for the main race on each day...any suggestions for first four races tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

In gigginstown house we trust going to be a good day for cooper and oleary tommorow.

Faugheen looks to be everyone's favourite only thing stopping me lumping on jezski is McCoy is on him opposed to gerraghty still feeling a jezski fever coming on the animal loves cheltenham.

I think Annie Power will be the only favourite to win tommorow big call I know maybe Un De Scheaux if he jumps well which I worry about
    don't think faugheen or douvan will win

Cannot wait for tommorow like a child at Christmas with excitement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

My favourite part of Cheltenham is when the professionals grace us with their knowledge for 5 days. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shemale wrote: »
    My favourite part of Cheltenham is when the professionals grace us with their knowledge for 5 days. :rolleyes:

Mines the crowded bookies with all the mongs in suits backing anything Ruby or AP is on..... Or a few years ago in college, the lads backing 1/2 shots e/w..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Shemale wrote: »

Well you go on about that often enough here. My favourite bit is the people who get put out by casual fans enjoying themselves.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

had a decent sized bet on Ireland to win the Prestbury Cup at 3/1, think the Irish contingent is as strong as it's ever been, and only need to match the 14 winners from 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

A horse called Astra de la cour won like a classy horse today off top weight in a handicap and was well beaten previously by lami serge in a listed handicap.
    A Timely boost for the form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

What time are paddies open? Working at 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

So ladies and gents im off to try and sleep! Won't be on tomorrow so just want to wish everyone the best of luck over the few days both regular and new posters.

After reading about JT McNamara a couple of weeks ago I just hope we have no incidents like that this year and everyone comes home safe and sound.

Keep within your betting limits and don't get silly. Enjoy the festival folks. ;) mr.jingle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Jesus, I am like a kid on Christmas eve. Hope santy brings what I want in the moring, 2/1 faugheen and odds against Annie top of my wish list.

Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ooh, Gotta be on Douvan in the first with the safety net of L'ami Serge with PP.

Cant have Un de Sceaux at the prices with his jumping around Cheltenham.

On Martins Gallant Oscar in the third, Thystes fav and his price is shortening#

Avoiding Faugheen, very short, on Jeski

Annie Power looks the cert of the meeting in fairness, has better form than Quevega ever had, ill put her in a double somewhere

On Very Wood in the long one, course form and from what i hear would love a ten mile race

Stick a pin in the last

Gonna back a placepot every day as well, main thing is avoiding UDS in the second, can just see him whacking one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    Read an article in the sindo a yr or so ago before the festival about the performance of those wearing first time head gear. An interesting analysis, where the writer ran the rule over the previous festival and noticed a trend for those in first time head gear doing well. Que a couple of 33/1 shots last year, western warhorse & very wood was another.

So, I'm going to track all those in first time head gear, lay out a hypothetical betting strategy for next week and see will it come out on top. The interesting thing here is I'll ignore all form, opinions, jockey, trainer, ground, price fluctuations, what way the wind is blowing etc and just put in a hypothetical betting strategy for the 4 days & see can it come out on top.

If a horse has "1" beside his or choice of head piece, then it will fall into my daft little experiment.

Headgear - b=blinkers,
    v=visor, e/s = eyeshield,
    h = hood, t = tongue-strap;
    p = sheepskin cheekpieces.

Thread merged. Oh well, here goes (note, this is not scientific - do not follow, I am not betting on these)

1:30 - No qualifier
    2:05 - No qualifier
    2:40 - Pendra and Monbeg Dude Each 1pt ew
    3:20 - No qualifiers (I'm getting worried now....)
    4:00 - Caroles Spirit (first time blinkers) 1pt ew
    4:40 - Doing Fine/Return Spring (first time blinkers) Each 1pt ew
    5:15 - Monkey Kingdom (hood & tonguestrap), Irish Cavalier, Killala Quay and Stellar Notion Each 1pt ew

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

Deco99 wrote: »
    What time are paddies open? Working at 9.

They open at 10 I think. Straight in for opening time for me anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Boyles open at 9 in the morning , assume paddies the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭BQQ

BumperD wrote: »
    Thread merged. Oh well, here goes (note, this is not scientific - do not follow, I am not betting on these)

1:30 - No qualifier
    2:05 - No qualifier
    2:40 - Plenty of headgear but no first timers....
    3:20 - No qualifiers (I'm getting worried now....)
    4:00 - Caroles Spirit (first time blinkers) 1pt ew
    4:40 - Doing Fine/Return Spring (first time blinkers) Each 1pt ew
    5:15 - Monkey Kingdom (hood & tonguestrap) 1pt ew

Not sure when you looked at the cards, but there are 3 first time headgears in the 2:40 (Pendra, Monbeg Dude and Shangani)

Also 3 in the last (Irish Cavalier, Killala Quay and Stellar Notion), but you go for Monkey Kingdom? :confused:

Some good chances there you may have overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I just looked at them on rp & posted. Let me double check.

Edit: Shangani wore blinkers etc in France so thats him out. Rp not showing the others with a "1" beside them thats why I overlooked.

Edit #2: Had a look at sporting life & their cards are more accurate. Good spot BBQ. Adjusted now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

Cannot believe the amount of people who can't spell or pronounce JEZKI correctly. Really starting to get on my nerves, how hard is it to spell his bloody name right.

Hopefully people will begin to spell his name the correct way after he puts Faugheen & the rest firmly in their place tomorrow afternoon.

Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

coopdog85 wrote: »
    Cannot believe the amount of people who can't spell or pronounce JEZKI correctly. Really starting to get on my nerves, how hard is it to spell his bloody name right.

Hopefully people will begin to spell his name the correct way after he puts Faugheen & the rest firmly in their place tomorrow afternoon.

Peace.

Chill poopdog it's Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

Chill poopdog it's Christmas :)

Only for the bookies. I'm a punter every other day of the year but the next 4 days I'm a layer. Have the account loaded & ready to rock. Willie Mullins will either be paying for a new car by 5 tomorrow evening or I'll be divorced after I tell the wife Mullins' hotpots cost us our summer holiday this year!!!

On a serious note, tomorrow is the first time I've ever been worried about laying favs in Cheltenham. I make a fortune every year but tomorrow could be absolute carnage. Much worse than the Friday in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Might put a bet on jet ski today

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Lads,

Are Ladbrokes going to be doing their Annie Power evs offer in stores over here (or will it be online only)? and if so, anyone know what times their shops open at?

Thanks and best of luck this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭roast222

Boylesports supposed to be going 6/4 Faugheen today according to the racing post but they are still 11/10 online. Does anyone know what the story is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Coral going even money on Un De Sceaux at 8.30. Only for 20 quid max bet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Hi guys,

A lurker here and by no means a tipster but as per usual, the mortgage eraser mission kicks off for 4 days this week.
    Whilst i think it will be Ruby/Mullins day, looking for some e/w value myself.

€2 Lucky 31 e/w

1:30 Seedling 16/1
    2:40 Ned Stark 8/1
    4:00 Bit of a puzzle 20/1
    4:40 Vivaldi colognes 16/1
    5:15 Generous ransom 8/1

Might also try and put a punt on Rubys big 4, not much value though, after all, it is Cheltenham, gotta be careful of the hype.

Regardless, I wish you all the best of luck and may some happy riches reach you!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭roast222

Faugheen now 6/4 online with Boylesports.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

roast222 wrote: »
    Faugheen now 6/4 online with Boylesports.

The New one 5-1 with WH now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement