Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Festival 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Noel Fehily confirmed for the ride on TDS in Ryanair with McCoy on Uxizandre. Absolutely delighted with that. No better man to coax a horse like TDS round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Shanee. wrote: »
    Champion Hurdle is the most exciting it has been in the last 3/4 years since the Fly was turned over at 4/5 by ROR.

Last year was a fairly hot race.

Ruby was on Saturday Night Show just there. Napped Vautour again, very bullish, and gave Business Sivola in Fred Winter as his best handicap chance. Also tipped Black Hercules

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Is Nico de Bonville riding coneygree?

BumperD wrote: »
    Is Nico de Bonville riding coneygree?

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

Moon Dice wrote: »
    Come on lads. Ruby was always going to choose Faugheen. This is not in any way a suprise

I agree with you.

Ruby had to pick Faugheen. I would have been disappointed if he didn't. Not a game for sentiment. Faugheen is stable main hope.

If Faugheen is beaten I really hope The Fly does it. However my money is on Jezki again this year but not a confident bet but think he is the one with more confidence of getting placed at worst

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Whos taking on Faugheen?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

I agree with you.

Ruby had to pick Faugheen. I would have been disappointed if he didn't. Not a game for sentiment. Faugheen is stable main hope.

If Faugheen is beaten I really hope The Fly does it. However my money is on Jezki again this year but not a confident bet but think he is the one with more confidence of getting placed at worst

Comes down to ground and HF can only win if there is a good bit of rain which is not in the forecast. Ruby has taken a decision on that . Personally I am with Jezki too for the value on the faster ground against 2 shorter priced favorites who have yet to come up the hill in the big one.

Limestone1 wrote: »
    Comes down to ground and HF can only win if there is a good bit of rain which is not in the forecast. Ruby has taken a decision on that . Personally I am with Jezki too for the value on the faster ground against 2 shorter priced favorites who have yet to come up the hill in the big one.

Not a fan of The New One but he came up that hill fairly quick last year. Who knows if he could have gone with them before the hill though if he wasn't hampered. Think he is a false price.

• Advertisement

Limestone1 wrote: »

Little to do with ground. Ruby has chosen who he thinks is the best animal at this moment in time. If it had pissed down the last fortnight he'd still be on Faugheen the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Not a fan of The New One but he came up that hill fairly quick last year. Who knows if he could have gone with them before the hill though if he wasn't hampered. Think he is a false price.

I expect Sam Twiston Davies to give The New One a much more positive ride than he gave him last year. Granted, he wasn't done any favours by the fall of Our Conor, but I expect the horse to be ridden in a similar vein to his Bula win. He proved in that race that he could be ridden more handily, and the only way this horse can win a Champion Hurdle is if he can draw the sting out of his more pacier rivals. Otherwise it will be either the Stayers' Hurdle or novice chasing for him next season.

I expect Sam Twiston Davies to give The New One a much more positive ride than he gave him last year. Granted, he wasn't done any favours by the fall of Our Conor, but I expect the horse to be ridden in a similar vein to his Bula win. He proved in that race that he could be ridden more handily, and the only way this horse can win a Champion Hurdle is if he can draw the sting out of his more pacier rivals. Otherwise it will be either the Stayers' Hurdle or novice chasing for him next season.

I think he will be outpaced before staying on up the hill and look flattered again. Staying hurdles the way surely. He doesn't jump like he could jump a fence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

I reckon he will stick to rubies arse on faugheen whatever faugheen does

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Its not a surprise , but still disappointing to announce it at this stage .

Ruby could have given Paul the ride last January in the Irish Champion Hurdle .

He's greedy .

Its not a surprise , but still disappointing to announce it at this stage .

Ruby could have given Paul the ride last January in the Irish Champion Hurdle .

He's greedy .

Why disappointing to announce at this stage? When were Willie and Ruby a friend of the punters if that even matters in this race. They probably knew long before now what was going to happen.

Greedy? I hope so, that's what makes the greats great and not good. Paul rides out the fly every day, it's not like he is getting his leg up for the 1st time.

It really is the obvious outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

lemush wrote: »
    Nichols Canyon goes for Neptune and Mckinley goes in the Martin Pipe.

Every chance Mc Kinsley goes Neptune.most likely race at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Ah here, he's a professional sportsman not a head lad! He said in RP that he'd have ridden Denman over Kauto in his GC win too if he hadn't been forced into an early decision, fwiw

He's talking rubbish. I've seen at least one interview on the tv with him where he said that nothing would have ever gotten him off Kauto Star. He made the wrong choice in 2008 simple as that. Ruby Walsh is an asshole.

coopdog85 wrote: »
    He's talking rubbish. I've seen at least one interview on the tv with him where he said that nothing would have ever gotten him off Kauto Star. He made the wrong choice in 2008 simple as that. Ruby Walsh is an asshole.

I don't think anyone will argue with you that he is an asshole! Especially even more so if certain stories are ever made public

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Why disappointing to announce at this stage? When were Willie and Ruby a friend of the punters if that even matters in this race. They probably knew long before now what was going to happen.

Greedy? I hope so, that's what makes the greats great and not good. Paul rides out the fly every day, it's not like he is getting his leg up for the 1st time.

It really is the obvious outcome

Of course its greed ...............he choose the favourite , and probably the winner and the easy route , instead of facing the challenge of an outsider but world-record holder and the horse he has won on 18 times

• Advertisement

Of course its greed ...............he choose the favourite , and probably the winner and the easy route , instead of facing the challenge of an outsider but world-record holder and the horse he has won on 18 times

I wasn't disagreeing with you regarding being greedy but what is wrong with that? Beat chance of a winner.

Like I said, I would have been disappointed if he didn't pick Faugheen. Take off the sentimental hat and it makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭mulbot

I don't think anyone will argue with you that he is an asshole! Especially even more so if certain stories are ever made public

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Every chance Mc Kinsley goes Neptune.most likely race at the minute

Gigginstown orders I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

lemush wrote: »
    Gigginstown orders I presume.

Indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

I'm intruiged now, care to spill the beans? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

EICVD wrote: »
    I'm intruiged now, care to spill the beans? ;)

Idle gossip not relevant to Horse Racing threads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Wheres Rubys loyalty with the record breaking Hurricane Fly. Disappointed that he has chosen Faugheen, be something else if HF won now he would be sick.

Ruby is entitled to pick what he believes will win.

Personally would love to see HF win, just for Paul Townend sake. Paul is a fine jockey in his own right and if hope he looks to pop over to Britian more regularly in the future. He did well on some of Rebecca Curtis horses this season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

What's this about?

As regards choosing which horse to ride, of course he'll pick the one with the best chance, but he will get it wrong sometimes. Faugheen is many peoples nap of the festival, of course he will ride it.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    What's this about?

As regards choosing which horse to ride, of course he'll pick the one with the best chance, but he will get it wrong sometimes. Faugheen is many peoples nap of the festival, of course he will ride it.

AP is prone to choosing the wrong ones from time to time too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Call me old fashioned but I think its poor form to ditch him in what will be his last festival, its not as if he has regressed either, any sort of rain over the next few days and he is in with a huge chance. Look at McCoy last year he could of easily ditched AFC for MOT but he stayed loyal to the horse even if it was the wrong choice.

Lol you give an example of AP missing out on one of the big 4 as a reason why Ruby should ride HF.

You think AP didn't believe AFC had a better chance than MOT, of course he did loyalty had nothing to do with it.

Lot of nonsense being posted in this thread the last couple of days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement