Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Festival 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Denman2008

Hearing a good bit of word for Jetstream Jack in the bumper. Took 20/1. Similar enough profile to Silver Concorde who was Weld's second string, Elliott has General Principle as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Powers special 2/1 Annie Power and UDS

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Nuts102 wrote: »

That is tempting.

lemush wrote: »
    That is tempting.

Feels to me like getting 2/1 on UDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Does anyone else think the bookies are chickens***s this year with their credit-note offers and halfassed 'enhanced special doubles'?
    PP in particular should be ashamed of themselves. When they took on Dunguib back in 2010, Im pretty sure they went cash back if he won. Whats wrong with same again? They should go money back AS CASH up to €250 all losers if Douvan wins, not a bleedin credit note.
    They certainly have enough money to be playing with, the cowards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Anyone know the max

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Anyone know the max

€15 for me.

Anybody availving of the Boylesports offer on UDS. Put 25 online was thinking of doing it another three times in the shops just don;t know if its worth the hassle.

Making 56 if he wins and if he loses its only money back as free bets.

What do people think of Tell Us More for the Supreme. Going to use the william hill cash back and looking to take on Douvan.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

What do people think of Tell Us More for the Supreme. Going to use the william hill cash back and looking to take on Douvan.

Willie didnt mention him at all in his team preview yesterday in the RP.
    May not be going

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

May not be going

Eddie O Leary said he goes Supreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

I think he has a good chance.

May not be going

He is going alright looking to take Douvan on it's €25 back as a free bet if he loses so looking to take a risk to kick off the week in style.

Between him and Alvisio Ville.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    Idle gossip not relevant to Horse Racing threads.

Far from idle gossip my friend. It was common knowledge in horsey circles long before he left England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

See Powers 2/1 offer today, currently around 8/5 for the double generally. Annie Power drifted marginally across a few today, anybody with more experience than me about the markets think they will push them out marginally again on Tuesday morning?

Assuming there is a Countdown special tomorrow, PP might be offering Evens on one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

He is going alright looking to take Douvan on it's €25 back as a free bet if he loses so looking to take a risk to kick off the week in style.

Between him and Alvisio Ville.

Mark Howard tips this in his preview

coopdog85 wrote: »
    Far from idle gossip my friend. It was common knowledge in horsey circles long before he left England.

I would have to agree that whether true or otherwise, it is idle gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭mulbot

coopdog85 wrote: »

indeed it was and not just in horsey circles,anyway back to the horses- it's very quiet on champagne fever's chances

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Having sadly backed him early doors him for the Neptune, I've now had a small bet on him for Supreme. I was disappointed with his lack of battle at Naas but given how well he travelled and jumped that day, I think he's a danger if given a positive ride on Tuesday. Its also been widely reported that he was poor in his work for a long time after Naas which I'd hope may be a sign he's more to show than that run suggested. He may set it up for a finisher but 20/1 is too big to me, given his obvious class. Would much rather him than Alvisio Ville.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭darklordsbane

Does anyone know where to find Nick Mordins horses for Cheltenham it doesn't appear to. Be ion the Irish Field this year he usually give 10 tips which over the years have been very profitable a few bad years but some cracking ones

• Advertisement

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Having sadly backed him early doors him for the Neptune, I've now had a small bet on him for Supreme. I was disappointed with his lack of battle at Naas but given how well he travelled and jumped that day, I think he's a danger if given a positive ride on Tuesday. Its also been widely reported that he was poor in his work for a long time after Naas which I'd hope may be a sign he's more to show than that run suggested. He may set it up for a finisher but 20/1 is too big to me, given his obvious class. Would much rather him than Alvisio Ville.

Ye i am unsure whether to go €25 at 16/1 or go €12.50 e/w on the bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭King_of_Kingz

Qewy, Stellar Notion and Carole's Spirit are the best value each ways for me on Day 1! Granted too much rain would not be ideal for two of them but Id be confident of a nice return on one of them at least.

What's everyone think about them watering in the build up? Much rather have seen them leaving it until after the first day, although I'm well aware this probably would have been a logistical nightmare...

http://wp.me/p3yGUO-KA

Does anyone know where to find Nick Mordins horses for Cheltenham it doesn't appear to. Be ion the Irish Field this year he usually give 10 tips which over the years have been very profitable a few bad years but some cracking ones

He's moved to Hong Kong. Not sure if he'll post tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

See Powers 2/1 offer today, currently around 8/5 for the double generally. Annie Power drifted marginally across a few today, anybody with more experience than me about the markets think they will push them out marginally again on Tuesday morning?

Assuming there is a Countdown special tomorrow, PP might be offering Evens on one of them.

I'd be very surprised if you can't get 2/1 the double with someone on the Morning of the race if not a bit bigger.

What's everyone think about them watering in the build up? Much rather have seen them leaving it until after the first day, although I'm well aware this probably would have been a logistical nightmare...

Disgraceful,what about good ground horses or who prefer a little faster ground

Wasting money on entry fees etc

abarkie wrote: »
    Disgraceful,what about good ground horses or who prefer a little faster ground

Wasting money on entry fees etc

They have to, the rules state the ground has to be good/soft at best on day 1.

handsfree2 wrote: »
    They have to, the rules state the ground has to be good/soft at best on day 1.

Where does it say that?

Safe ground doesn't have to be good to soft

abarkie wrote: »
    Where does it say that?

Safe ground doesn't have to be good to soft

That's the policy, I think it has been since 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭King_of_Kingz

I can understand them not wanting anything better than good, but have to say I agree with Nicholls and Henderson when they said that there's no need to water it at the moment.

Any change in weather forecast between now and then would make it all a pointless exercise however

• Advertisement

handsfree2 wrote: »
    That's the policy, I think it has been since 2009

Policy not rules

Surely, leaving the door wide open to horses not running on its merits

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement