Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Festival 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭darklordsbane

sick

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

abarkie wrote: »
    Policy not rules

Surely, leaving the door wide open to horses not running on its merits

You asked why they were watering, and the answer is its their policy. There is no point cribbing about something that won't be reviewed over the next 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭roast222

Any criticism Ruby Walsh is getting for taking the ride in Faugheen is a bit ridiculous. Why would he get off an even money shot to ride an 8/1 shot? It's the sensible choice and no sane jockey would have made any other decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭mulbot

roast222 wrote: »
    Any criticism Ruby Walsh is getting for taking the ride in Faugheen is a bit ridiculous. Why would he get off an even money shot to ride an 8/1 shot? It's the sensible choice and no sane jockey would have made any other decision.

of course,he wants the glory,he's going with the horse who has a better chance of giving it to him,quite rightly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

have a 50 quid treble lined up for tues douvan 7/4 un de seaux 4/7 annie power 4/7, i also like thomas crapper in the last

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

mdwexford wrote: »

Lot of nonsense being posted in this thread the last couple of days.

Mr. Perfect there. Everybody talks nonsense at times in this game so come down off that high horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Mr. Perfect there. Everybody talks nonsense at times in this game so come down off that high horse.

We sure do :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

When are the final decs lads? Looking to do a few multiple bets over a few days and don't want to get hit with a NR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

See Powers 2/1 offer today, currently around 8/5 for the double generally. Annie Power drifted marginally across a few today, anybody with more experience than me about the markets think they will push them out marginally again on Tuesday morning?

They will 100% be bigger on Tuesday morning, every bookie will be battling for a slice of that sweet punter pie. You could probably add Douvan and Faugheen to that list aswell. No point backing any of those horses until then.

As a side note Faugheen is one of the most underpriced horses for the champion hurdle ive seen in recent years. Id understand the price (maybe) if the field was thin on quality but its a top notch renewal, not as good as last year but certainly up there with the best of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Coneygree out to 9.0 for the RSA on Betfair...not what I want to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

Nulty wrote: »

Absolute madness going to the gold cup. He's won front running his last 2 and there's no way he'll win the GC running the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 35,888 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Un De Sceaux
    Black Hercules
    Hurricane Fly
    Annie Power
    Paint the Clouds
    Don Poli

100 wins 400K
    I'll be rich I tells ya .

Also replacing Hurrican with Faugheen to return 90k

Boow yaw!

ste2010 wrote: »
    Absolute madness going to the gold cup. He's won front running his last 2 and there's no way he'll win the GC running the same way

I think he could hold his own in the GC but I don't want him going there for selfish reasons. Whatever about making all, they may not employ that tactic. He doesn't look like he needs to lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ste2010 wrote: »

dont think he has a prayer in the gc, cant even see him placing
    think they're mad going for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I think he'd have a great chance in the GC and its a very sensible move :D

Tongue firmly in cheek.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭King_of_Kingz

It's the fact that there is question marks still over them, Hurricane Fly obviously not the force of old and judging on last year not as good around Cheltenham anymore, Jezki having been beaten a few times by Hurricane Fly and no one seems to be supporting The New One this side of the water, which I can't say is of great surprise to me at least.

Looking at his age, his rating and the races he's won, especially beating Houblon, Many Clouds wouldn't have a chance in the Gold Cup either then. If I was to write off Coneygree than I'd have to say that this is a pretty good Gold Cup, but it's not stellar. He has a decent chance and I understand the temptation in taking it. It would make the Gold Cup extraordinarily interesting.

It would also give Gigginstown an RSA.

Doesn't look like it's gonna rain much before Friday. Seems to me that weather is the only thing that will stop them putting him in the Gold Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Un De Sceaux
    Black Hercules
    Hurricane Fly
    Annie Power
    Paint the Clouds
    Don Poli

100 wins 400K
    I'll be rich I tells ya .

Also replacing Hurrican with Faugheen to return 90k

Boow yaw!

Since you didn't answer me yesterday. Will you delete this post too Toby if it looks like its not a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

I think he could hold his own in the GC but I don't want him going there for selfish reasons. Whatever about making all, they may not employ that tactic. He doesn't look like he needs to lead.

It would concern me trying new tactics in a race like the gold cup. Burning off in front over 3m 2 on a track like Cheltenham is not going to happen and he won't win . I definitely think he's a super horse and think he'd beat this lot over 3m on a different track front running. His beating of HBO was very impressive and I think he's the real deal.
    I think the GC is coming 1 or 2 races too soon. At least they could toy with tactics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

Gringo180 wrote: »

What is the name of the high horse so I can throw a few euro on it.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Probably all the handicap chases and one or two of the handicap hurdles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Crap, I'm right in saying WH aren't NRNB yet? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Ill probably do some sort of bet in every race. Have two done antepost(Beast of Burden for the Neptune and Jezki, possibly might find one for the supreme and might pick one or two out of the handicaps which I would regard as my only "real" bets. I do small amounts on the rest purely because its once a year and all in all will cost less then a weekend on the beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Still trading at 9.0, having gone close to 10.0 earlier. 15.5 for Gold Cup. Excellent value if he does go for RSA, personally think would be better avoiding GC.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Crap, I'm right in saying WH aren't NRNB yet? :(

You are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭qwabercd

BumperD wrote: »
    You are right.

It's not often I don't like being told I'm right!

Not sure why they are holding out, a bit sneaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Ye i am unsure whether to go €25 at 16/1 or go €12.50 e/w on the bet.

Apart from UDS and a few more it would be lunacy not to go E/W on most races this week. It will be e/w doubles and e/w patents for me all week.
    BTW I got most of my sterling a few months back but I presume they will take € bets on course as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 bobwp

Anybody think General Principal the best bumper horse we have seen this year, bit worried about that thing de bromhead got off Baldings , i want to put him in a accumulator but im worried giggers will get there bumper yips and pull him, 2 handicapers under the radar from this side imo are Dai bando and zaman . Dai bando travels well in his races and looks laid out for freddie winter after his win last October , Zaman is in Coral cup looks well treated

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement