Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision Song Contest 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I know what I think of it - it's woeful!

This is their Alex Saint song.

It reminds me of the soundtrack you'd hear on that prank show that used to be on BBC -was it Just For Laughs? - it sounds like that but with lyrics attached. Lyrics that are pure gibberish.

I'd put that up there with their Flying the Flag entry a few years back for sheer awfulness.

Really disappointed at that. Looks like they're doing what we did when we sent Dustin and are sticking two fingers up at it. Ugh.

Are they really that unhappy about Molly only finishing 17th last year? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That UK song has a big lull in the middle of it. It's fine when they have a video with loads of people dancing but it doesn't work that way on stage on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Take a bit of.....

and add a bit of.....

and voila... this years UK entry!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

This is the favourite to be picked for Norway, I really like it. Think it could get top 5 on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Tedddy

That UK entry is a load of shíte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

lads , Who wants to win it this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

bpb101 wrote: »
    lads , Who wants to win it this year?

Armenia have just GOT to win it sometime soon! And Romania. All 4 Scandinavian countries have won it in the recent past but will want to win it again. Azerbaijan will also want a second win too! But anyone can win it: Italy seem a hot favourite.

With regard to Ireland: they have two countries who probably will give them a high enough vote. UK and Australia. So we probably will not come last. That's assuming we get out of the semis.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This is the favourite to be picked for Norway, I really like it. Think it could get top 5 on the night.

Yeah I mentioned a few pages back that I thought Norway had some decent songs and that was one of the ones I liked. I could also see 'Human Beings' doing well though aside from the chorus it is lacking. Thunderstruck is a song that would be popular too, I reckon. I feel Norway are one to watch this year.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Romania

I actually quite like it.

They'll probably use the English version below for the final though, which I think is a good choice.

27/40.

Armenia have just GOT to win it sometime soon!

Why Armenia?

Azerbaijan will also want a second win too!

Cheats! :o:o:D:D:D;););)

• Advertisement

Revamped version of Malta.

Also, the Polish song should debut in a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The uk song sounds like it's for an advert I thought it was for a few seconds .

That's what I thought too. It's catchy enough but it doesn't go anywhere.

It's a bit like a Demo version that they haven't finished yet. I don't think it is their worst effort of recent years but it is underwhelming.

#28: Poland

Dull as dishwater.

The good news is that all the remaining entries will be revealed this week. Presuming Russia or Azerbaijan don't pull anything big out of the bag, this is looking like a fight between Estonia, Italy, Sweden or Norway (if they pick Mans and Mørland) for the title.

#28: Poland

Dull as dishwater. looking like a fight between Estonia, Italy, Sweden or Norway (if they pick Mans and Mørland) for the title.

No hope , none are great.

The good news is that all the remaining entries will be revealed this week. Presuming Russia or Azerbaijan don't pull anything big out of the bag, this is looking like a fight between Estonia, Italy, Sweden or Norway (if they pick Mans and Mørland) for the title.

You never know, San Marino may yet blow us all away! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Wow,I LOVE the UK song,think it's really cool. Take it from this thread that I'm alone,yeah?!

MelanieC wrote: »
    Wow,I LOVE the UK song,think it's really cool. Take it from this thread that I'm alone,yeah?!
    I dont know

Its different , Ill give them that.

What is with the electric music half way through.

Yes :D

Although after the initial avalanche of hate, people sort of seem to be coming around to it, but I can't see it doing anything in Vienna. In Eurovision being a grower is not what you want, it needs to be instantaneous.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's definitely a grower. I found it slightly better the second time I listened to it. I'm looking forward to seeing the staging.

Yes :D

Although after the initial avalanche of hate, people sort of seem to be coming around to it, but I can't see it doing anything in Vienna. In Eurovision being a grower is not what you want, it needs to be instantaneous.

I think it is inatantaneous! I loved it after the first 30 seconds & i was humming it for ages afterwards! The Irish one,I think,is a grower & will suffer for it in the semi-final. :-(

• Advertisement

It's definitely a grower. I found it slightly better the second time I listened to it. I'm looking forward to seeing the staging.
    I think it is inatantaneous! I loved it after the first 30 seconds & i was humming it for ages afterwards! The Irish one,I think,is a grower & will suffer for it in the semi-final. :-(

I dont know if it was rte or what ,but her backing singers were too loud . they were like talking over her. They should get the chop. Have molly on the stage with a grand piano and the other instruments in the far back out of sight. dark setting Like the music video . Best chance.

Edit:hold on , what song are we on about.???

^ The UK one :)

I dont know if it was rte or what ,but her backing singers were too loud . they were like talking over her. They should get the chop. Have molly on the stage with a grand piano and the other instruments in the far back out of sight. dark setting Like the music video . Best chance.

Plus: no backing dancers or Irish iconography on the projection screens. :o:o;)

Plus: no backing dancers or Irish iconography on the projection screens. :o:o;)
    agreed
    ^ The UK one :)
    yeah , but somebody was saying about the semi finals , Uk get auto entry in final

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Just heard the Irish entry, I think we w'ont make it to the final I am afraid to say.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Just heard the Irish entry, I think we w'ont make it to the final I am afraid to say.
    Why do you think that.
    Others arent great this year tbh. Good as any other place

agreed

yeah , but somebody was saying about the semi finals , Uk get auto entry in final

That was me. I was saying that I think the UK song is instantaneously catchy so has a good chance in the final imo. The Irish one on the other hand,although a good song,is more of a grower so may not even make it to the final on that basis.
    Maybe if they just have her & the piano & not all that Oirish nonsense as Harvey says but you just know they will go down that ultra-celtic road as usual...... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I have to say the contest does seem very ballad-heavy this year. I fear poor Molly could find herself forgotten about because her's is a song that needs to grow on you, I reckon.

I think the UK entry could be a complete shambles when done live. I can't see how they can hold all that together effectively.

I think the Maltese song repackage job was very well done. I didn't think much of the original but I'd consider the new version a strong contender despite it not being my type of music.

Going back to the Poland song, the singer was involved in a car accident in 2006 that let her paralyzed from the waist down and she will likely be the only disabled participant in the contest. Whatever about the song, and I think it's pretty run-of-the-mill myself, a bit like the Finnish song it's an entry that has a nice message and story behind it which could prove popular with audiences.

Maybe if they just have her & the piano & not all that Oirish nonsense as Harvey says but you just know they will go down that ultra-celtic road as usual...... :-(
    yeah , i dont know why acts trow in pointless backing singers
    At 1:20 , i cant even her molly over the backing singers, Its like somebody is talking when your trying to listen to it .
    They need the chop

the uk one i still cant make heads or tails of.
    the Brits are hating it though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Take a bit of.....

and add a bit of.....

and voila... this years UK entry!

The Scatman! Long time since I heard him. Brings back good memories. 1995/1996?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement