Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision Song Contest 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

The UK ranks as being one of the worst entries I've ever heard, genuinely horrific, amplified by the fact that electro swing is one of my favourite genres - this is not in any way shape or form an electro swing song, its a bad tv jingle spread out for 3 minutes with horrendously trite lyrics.. Horrible.

Meanwhile Belgium put this out today:

Fantastic, fantastic entry.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

#29: Czech Republic

Another ballad

#30: Belgium

It's very different, not quite sure what to make of it. I'm just thankful it's not another ballad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

You know, that Maltese isn't half bad and it will be easy to stage.

I like Belgium, but while I can see it working in people's headphones I don't see it working on stage.

Still Finland, Italy for me, with Malta as a possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Don't like that Belgian entry. Feels likes a Lorde rip-off. Maybe it will grow on me, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

LOVE the Belgium entry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Don't like that Belgian entry. Feels likes a Lorde rip-off. Maybe it will grow on me, I dunno.

Very Lorde. I don't like it at all.

I can hear the Lorde similarities in the Belgian entry but I wouldn't call it a rip-off as such. I like the verses, not too mad about the chorus but it might grow on me. Certainly not the worst entry anyway.

Czech Republic's entry isn't bad either but could do with a bit more "oomph". It sounds like a metal ballad that's been stripped of its metal; they should turn the guitars up to 11 and it would be much stronger. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Listened to it under the assumption that I was listening to a 'hard rock hallelujah' rip off. I was mistaken....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Well men. And women.

Two more songs have been unveiled (in before yerwanthere123 :p )

#31 Armenia

The idea behind the song (six people of Armenian descent from different parts of the world) is much better than the actual song itself.
    It sounds very disjointed and could be a total car crash on stage.

#32 Israel

The good news - it's not a ballad.
    The bad news - pretty much everything else about it. Certainly a contender for the most irritating chorus of this year's competition. >__<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Two more songs have been unveiled (in before yerwanthere123 :p )

How very dare you! :P

I agree with you about the Armenian song, it's a disjointed, shouty mess. This whole Armenian supergroup thing will mean nothing to anyone outside of Armenia. And I'm surprised the song has been allowed anyway with it's blatantly political connotations? Either way, it's not going to be troubling the leaderboard in Vienna... I hope.

I actually quite like that Israeli song :o And he's only 16! However, I don't detect much love for Israel in Vienna this year given their antics in Palestine over the last 12 months.

I actually quite like that Israeli song :o And he's only 16! However, I don't detect much love for Israel in Vienna this year given their antics in Palestine over the last 12 months.

I quite like it myself. It's a cut above the majority of songs imo, but I agree that the political circumstances of the past 12 months will have a bearing on how it does. Wouldn't surprise me if it ranks highly though.

Given that Mei Finegold failed to qualify last year with the rather brilliant Same Heart, I think this will really struggle. Would be five years in a row that Israel have failed to make the final.

What are we thinking of Slovenia this year? It's really after growing on me and I think it could be a real dark horse. Some bookmakers have it as low as 9/1 as well. The presentation needs to be improved though, particularly losing those stupid headphones.

What are we thinking of Slovenia this year? It's really after growing on me and I think it could be a real dark horse. Some bookmakers have it as low as 9/1 as well. The presentation needs to be improved though, particularly losing those stupid headphones.

I think it's pretty good. I'd like to see the live presentation to see whether or not it could potentially challenge for the win.

I'm looking forward to the song Sweden goes with. Here's one of the whackier songs in their shortlist:

Don't think this has a prayer of being picked but it would be hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

I think it's pretty good. I'd like to see the live presentation to see whether or not it could potentially challenge for the win.

I'm looking forward to the song Sweden goes with. Here's one of the whackier songs in their shortlist:

Don't think this has a prayer of being picked but it would be hilarious.
    That song was already eliminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

Have Australia picked their entry yet?

#32: Austria

I quite like it.

maudgone wrote: »
    Have Australia picked their entry yet?
    Their artist is Guy Sebastian but the song has not been revealed yet. It is most likely a song off his album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

dogcat wrote: »
    Their artist is Guy Sebastian but the song has not been revealed yet. It is most likely a song off his album.
    has to been released after November though

• Advertisement

bpb101 wrote: »
    has to been released after November though
    After September 1st, and his album was released after that.

dogcat wrote: »
    After September 1st, and his album was released after that.
    mea culpa

if i was him , i would pick a new song

from eurovision facebook

The very last national selections for the 2015 ‪#‎Eurovision‬ Song Contest are to be held tonight! See the schedule for tonight:
    20:00 CET - Sweden (watch at http://www.svtplay.se/…/melodifestivalen-2015-finalen-synto…)
    20:25 CET - Norway (watch at http://www.eurovision.tv/page/webtv?program=126663)

#33: Sweden

This was the one I thought they'd go with. I think this could well win it, you know. I reckon it will be very popular.

Norway have chosen A Monster Like Me.

Some competition for Sweden here.

Good choice by Norway. I think the presentation could be improved though; I don't like the spinning camera bit.

Sweden and Norway look like they mean business this year. I think those songs are a level above the majority, including our entry.

Definitely, the standard went up a notch tonight.

No surprises whatsoever in tonight's picks, surely both will be top 5 in the final.

I really don't get the big deal with Norway's entry, it's just another boring Disney-ish ballad to me. :confused: Sure they've got good voices but the song itself is nothing special at all imo. It's a shame, 'cause I really liked their entries for the past two years.

Sweden is the much stronger of the two; I really like the verses, the stage presentation is great and he's not bad to look at! :p The chorus is a bit too schlagery for my taste but it's still one of the better offerings this year and certainly sounds like a potential winner. Funnily enough, last year it was Sweden's entry that I thought was horribly overrated and was hoping would not win. This year Norway have taken their place in that regard! :p

Had a listen to Austria's entry as well, not bad at all. Would quite like to see it do well on the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

This piece of insanity came third in Norway last night:

I love Norway's lack of rules regarding numbers on stage :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement