Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal hygiene

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Sometimes, though I wouldn't use the term dirty.

Lightly spiced perhaps ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Who doesn't need to do a wash every week? Bedsheets, towels, a weeks worth of clothes, tea towels? Pets blankets? The Lord save us

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I did say that was sometimes btw rather than all the time two days would be the norm. As for your question, none of your business to be honest.

Sometimes, though I wouldn't use the term dirty.

As for bringing my clothes home to wash them (and it's not every week, as I don't go home every weekend nor do I need to do a wash every week), I couldn't give a damn what you think about that.

Is it yellow to the front and brown to the back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

tomthetank wrote: »
    so let's say you unexpectedly end up kissing and getting intimate with someone, a partner or someone you're hooking up with if you're single. what you're saying is that in the midst of that intimate moment, you are going to pull away to run into the shower and give your 'pissy sweaty' genitals a good aul scrub, and insist that your partner does the same? despite already being a presumably clean person and having showerered hours before?

thats not normal and that's not what most of the population does. i don't know how you're getting laid

I wouldn't go down on someone who wasn't freshly washed. I'd have sex, sure, but no oral. And I don't have sex without giving oral. So, shower each time.

Funnily enough, I've had zero problems getting laid frequently.

I....I.....I just want to know why someone wouldn't want to change their underwear every day? I can't think of a single reason that you would choose do that :/

• Advertisement

Lightly spiced perhaps ?

I've made a holy show of myself, laughing loudly on the bus :(

Who doesn't need to do a wash every week? Bedsheets, towels, a weeks worth of clothes, tea towels? Pets blankets? The Lord save us

I can get two to three weeks without doing a wash. I've plenty of clothes and wear everything twice (obviously jeans etc much more wears), a towel does a week and I've a few, bed clothes a set last a month or more, tea towels one a week as I mostly use kitchen roll and I don't have pets.

I....I.....I just want to know why someone wouldn't want to change their underwear every day? I can't think of a single reason that you would choose do that :/

That's what confuses me too, tbh. I get being too lazy to shower, but changing underwear takes about ten seconds. Why would anyone NOT do it?

I can get two to three weeks without doing a wash. I've plenty of clothes and wear everything twice, a towel does me at least a week and I've a few, bed clothes a set last a month or more, tea towels I mostly use kitchen roll and I don't have pets.

You use your sheets for 'a month or more' and a towel does you 'at least a week'. On top of your earlier posts, I can't believe you think this is normal.

You really need to rethink your habits, that is unacceptable to the vast majority of people in the modern world.

I can get two to three weeks without doing a wash. I've plenty of clothes and wear everything twice (obviously jeans etc much more wears), a towel does a week and I've a few, bed clothes a set last a month or more, tea towels one a week as I mostly use kitchen roll and I don't have pets.

I really don't understand how you bedsheets don't stink after a month of 2 day showers and jock changing.

That's really not a dig this time. I'm baffled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

“I shouldn’t have said that,” she retracted. “We must all live together like birds, as you say. But it’s difficult when Nicole acts as—when Nicole pulls herself back a little, as if she were holding her breath—as if I smelt bad!”

Kaethe had touched a material truth. She did most of her work herself and, frugal, she bought few clothes. An American shop-girl, laundering two changes of underwear every night, would have noticed a hint of yesterday’s reawakened sweat about Kaethe’s person, less a smell than an ammoniacal reminder of the eternity of toil and decay. To Franz this was as natural as the thick dark scent of Kaethe’s hair, and he would have missed it equally; but to Nicole, born hating the smell of a nurse’s fingers dressing her, it was an offence only to be endured. "

From Tender is the Night, F. Scott Fitzgerald

That's what confuses me too, tbh. I get being too lazy to shower, but changing underwear takes about ten seconds. Why would anyone NOT do it?

Because it means having to do washing less often.

So it's out of sheer laziness then?

You don't do your own washing though! And jocks are so cheap, you could get two week's worth for a tenner in penneys!

Seriously, are you THAT lazy?

I don't understand how your parents didn't raise you to understand that washing, changing underwear and washing clothes are normal, grown up things to do. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Well, in light of the fact that underwear isn't getting changed, I feel my "wash your bits" policy has been vindicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Seriously Nox whatever about your other habits, not changing your underwear every day is not normal behaviour. If you're worried about the washing, why not buy more boxers etc so you don't have to do your washing more often

I really don't understand how you bedsheets don't stink after a month of 2 day showers and jock changing.

That's really not a dig this time. I'm baffled.

Because as a few posters have been trying to get across throughout the thread, people don't automatically stink because they don't shower every single day. Also showering in the evening means every second night you get into bed freshly washed.

Because as a few posters have been trying to get across throughout the thread, people don't automatically stink because they don't shower every single day. Also showering in the evening means every second night you get into bed freshly washed.

I agree that most people are fine with showers every 2 days.

But you don't change your jocks daily. You don't wash daily. You don't change your clothes daily. You don't change your sheets often.

Your sheets more than likely stink.

Thats true, but going by the combination of habits you've detailed in this thread, I'm in no doubt that you do.

You may not get it, and you certainly don't seem bothered by it, but I promise you that no one lives the way you do and doesn't smell.

You don't do your own washing though!

I do a lot of the time, especially during the summer when it's easier to do washing without a dryer. I bring stuff home as we have far better washing facilities than where I rent and also washing tends to be done on weekends so if I need to do washing a weekend I'm going home then obviously I need to bring it.
    Candie wrote: »
    Thats true, but going by the combination of habits you've detailed in this thread, I'm in no doubt that you do.

You may not get it, and you certainly don't seem bothered by it, but I promise you that no one lives the way you do and doesn't smell.

Well I don't as I would not allow myself go around smelling bad.
    You don't change your sheets often.

Your sheets more than likely stink.

I would say once a month is fairly standard for changing sheets for most people who aren't clean freaks.

From my experience it is anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Ma Tilly drilled it into me as a child that you always need clean knickers on in case you are in an accident. Anyone else's mam say this to their kid? Either way it worked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Tilly wrote: »
    Ma Tilly drilled it into me as a child that you always need clean knickers on in case you are in an accident. Anyone else's mam say this to their kid? Either way it worked :)

Mine did, but she insisted I wear boxers instead....me being a boy and all.

Well I don't as I would not allow myself go around smelling bad.

As has been repeated many times - you generally cannot smell yourself well.

Chances are you stink and people haven't told you. Nobody ever tells anyone if they smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Are you washing by hand? Let me just get this straight

- you shower every 2 or 3 days
    - you change your underwear 2/3 times a week
    - you wear the same clothes a few days in a row and
    - you sleep on the same sheets for a MONTH?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Mine did, but she insisted I wear boxers instead....me being a boy and all.

I'd say you'd look lovely in a pair of knickers, TH ;)

- mostly every two days
    - mostly every two days
    - shirts/t-shirts two days wear (same as the most people I encounter), jeans etc longer obviously.
    - around that sometimes less sometimes more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Some people here must be taking the piss at this stage.

People who actually choose not to change underwear regularly totally perplex me. Maaaaaybe, you could get away with it for two days but fcuk.

For the smelly people who don't shower for 3 or more days. If you pulled and were in the heat of the moment, would you attempt to wash your junk out of respect for the other person...and yourself? Or just say fcuk it, and let them deal with the smell of 3 day old sweaty ballbag, crusty love pocket and rusty bullet hole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I think you have summed it up. It must be a piss take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

I'm thinking at this stage that it has to be a wind up because it's fairly vile. And tbh, the only way it could be real is if the person is mentally unwell because I can't see a mentally healthy person actually being happy to and defend living like that.

• Advertisement

People who actually choose not to change underwear regularly totally perplex me. Maaaaaybe, you could get away with it for two days but fcuk.

For the smelly people who don't shower for 3 or more days. If you pulled and were in the heat of the moment, would you attempt to wash your junk out of respect for the other person...and yourself? Or just say fcuk it, and let them deal with the smell of 3 day old sweaty ballbag, crusty love pocket and rusty bullet hole?

I really wish I wasn't eating when I read that. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement