Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal hygiene

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,642 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Gentlemen - MUST change socks every day, jocks may do for 2 days if and only if in very good order on v. clean person.

Reverse position...

Ladies - knicker change every day without fail (or even more often, as required) but socks may last a couple if the feets very feminine, dry and clean.

(Signed: Mother-of-many that did tons of washing over the years)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

You are only conditioned to think like this, same as thinking you turn into a walking sewage pipe if you don't shower every single day.

Are you the same dude that brings his washing to his mothers house for her to wash or am I mixing you up with someone else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭MissNomer

This is another topic that I can't undertstand. Why on earth people think they need wash things after wearing them once, like you much be washing clothes everyday. Fair enough socks and underwear (though socks are really the only thing that need to be changed everyday) but t-shirts, shirts, boxers should be worn for two days and jeans or trousers are good for a week or more, jumpers for weeks.

Washing clothes is a pain, if I changed every item clothing every time I wore it Id be doing a wash every few days, I usually aim to get two weeks between doing clothes washes.

It's also extremely bad for the clothes to be washing them so much.

It's absolutely disgusting to wear the same boxers for more than a day.
    MadDog76 wrote: »
    A 2-3 minute shower???? Yuck!!!

Why yuck? I often take longer, but because it's nice to stand under the hot water, but there's no reason to take longer than 2-3 minutes to soap up your body and rinse it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

I don't think ive ever met any adult that doesn't shower at least everyday (not that I do be discussing shower habits with strangers)

I used to live in a house share with women who only showerd twice a week max ! and then gave out to me for showering once a day !

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

katemarch wrote: »
    Gentlemen - MUST change socks every day, jocks may do for 2 days if and only if in very good order on v. clean person.

Reverse position...

Ladies - knicker change every day without fail (or even more often, as required) but socks may last a couple if the feets very feminine, dry and clean.

(Signed: Mother-of-many that did tons of washing over the years)

Urgh having 3 teenage boys in the house I cannot imagine any scenario where clothes last more than a day. 1 of those boys is in the shower at least twice a day. Tee shirts, trackies, boxers, socks changed everyday at least once.

:-O Ooh maybe that's why I seem constantly buried under washing?? Ohh hell the water charge :-O :-O :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Shower daily. Shower again if doing something like playing football or going out

Change clothes every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

A 2-3 minute shower???? Yuck!!!

Well, I'd prefer to get up close and personal with someone who showers for 3 minutes a day than 10 minutes every second day...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Daily, in the morning. Often in the evening, if it has been after a long day (or if there's a hint of you-know-what).

Takes about 5 mins, longer if i shave while i am in there.

Tokyo is about 25 degrees plus for 6-7 months of the year, so a pasty Irish lad like myself sweats buckets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

MissNomer wrote: »
    It's absolutely disgusting to wear the same boxers for more than a day.

Why yuck? I often take longer, but because it's nice to stand under the hot water, but there's no reason to take longer than 2-3 minutes to soap up your body and rinse it off.

If one of my kids got out of the shower after 3 minutes I'd march him straight back in ........ it's about standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Well, I'd prefer to get up close and personal with someone who showers for 3 minutes a day than 10 minutes every second day...

I'd rather get up close and personal with someone who washes properly ...........

• Advertisement

I'd rather get up close and personal with someone who washes properly ...........

Every second day?

If you can't wash properly in 3 minutes you're doing it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Shower every morning when i get up wash face, brush teeth, Mouthwash. Then before bed Wash face, brush teeth. Mouthwash.

But if i am going out i will add a shower on top off everything.

Fresh t shirt/shirt, boxers, socks every day but if i am going out fresh everything again.

But magically my housemate has told me i never clean myself LoL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I can comfortably shower in 7-10 minutes.

Am I evil?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'm sorry but my showers very rarely take longer than five minutes, and I am very clean and smell great! What would you be doing that doesn't take longer than 3-5 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

i walk thru the car wash on my way to work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

but t-shirts, shirts, boxers should be worn for two days and jeans or trousers are good for a week or more, jumpers for weeks.

I think the "You must shower every day" dictum is ridiculous and excessive, but nope, sorry, underwear should not be worn more than once before washing. If you wear jocks twice, they will smell on the second day. The arse and gential area is a stinky one, on both sexes. I'd rewear socks before I would underwear. Outerwear is usually fine for a few wears, not underwear. Nope, no way in hell.

Don't get how it's a pain to change underwear every day, it's very easy to have two weeks supply of undies, they're not expensive. You wouldn't have to be washing them all the time.

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I'm sorry but my showers very rarely take longer than five minutes, and I am very clean and smell great! What would you be doing that doesn't take longer than 3-5 minutes?

Maybe there's lots of hair to shampoo? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

And floss the teeth i want to keep, as i agree that personal hygiene isnt just for the first Saturday of the month anymore!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Anybody that needs 10 minutes or more to shower is probably beating one out in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Showering twice daily seems a bit excessive to me. I usually shower every second day. If we get a bit of a heatwave during the summer I might shower every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Hibernosaur

Absolute and utter bollocks, it's as if people are being paid by shower makers to promote their products. I shower once every two or three days and almost always in the evening (morning showers are for morning people, not for me).

Yeah Damn straight.

Wash the family jewels and the surrounding environs daily, shower every few days depending. I work in an office not a coal mine.

If this thread has thought me anything, is that people on the internet are smelly gowls

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I'd shower three times a day myself, morning obviously and then in the evening when I get home from work and I have to go out again, and then at night before bed. I just prefer to feel fresh for myself first of all, and then obviously as has been mentioned already I wouldn't want other people suffering the waft of BO if I didn't shower!

I've suggested shower pooling as a way to save on water (me being so environmentally conscious and all :p), but so far people have been pretty slow on the uptake... :D

If this thread has thought me anything, is that people on the internet are smelly gowls

If you Stank so much that you feel filthy without 2 showers a day then you need 2 showers a day.

If like me, you don't have a BO problem then you're good to go with 2-3 showers a week and a daily wash of the bits and pieces.

From one dinosaur to another, if your a Gowlasaurous then you probably need more than one shower a day.

If you Stank so much that you feel filthy without 2 showers a day then you need 2 showers a day.

If like me, you don't have a BO problem then you're good to go with 2-3 showers a week and a daily wash of the bits and pieces.

For me anyway, I use hair stuff so when I sleep my hair gets kinda greasy so need to wash out the product in the morning.
    I hate that sweaty ball feeling.

I like to be fresh and not have a greasy body. I'm sure if I had no hair and showered every second day I would be grand.

From one dinosaur to another, if your a Gowlasaurous then you probably need more than one shower a day.

I'm curious as to what this "daily wash of the bits and pieces" involves... Is it a facecloth at the sink? Do you then have to dry the half clean bits and pieces with a clean towel? I am inherently suspicious of facecloths now :( Surely by the time this is all done, you'd have run around under the sprinkler for two minutes anyway? A whore's bath is never something I bothered with, because it takes just as long as standing under the shower for 2 minutes.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'm curious as to what this "daily wash of the bits and pieces" involves... Is it a facecloth at the sink? Do you then have to dry the half clean bits and pieces with a clean towel? I am inherently suspicious of facecloths now :( Surely by the time this is all done, you'd have run around under the sprinkler for two minutes anyway? A whore's bath is never something I bothered with, because it takes just as long as standing under the shower for 2 minutes.

Sit on the edge of the bath and use the shower hose for the essentials with a few rounds of radox. Then use a clean towel specifically designated for those essentials. Wash the feet under the tap if they feel sweaty. (I hate bits of sock fluff sticking to the feet)

I'm a 30 minute shower'er so I just couldn't do two of those a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

There is some serious mank on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Can't believe some people think it's fine to shower twice a week. :eek: Vile!

I shower daily, or twice a day if I've been working or am going out. I only wash my hair every 2 days though, because it's very damaged from dye so I was told by my hairdresser to cut back on washing and drying it. Haven't blow dried it in about a year either :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Rabo Karabekian

This is another topic that I can't undertstand. Why on earth people think they need wash things after wearing them once, like you much be washing clothes everyday. Fair enough socks and underwear (though socks are really the only thing that need to be changed everyday) but t-shirts, shirts, boxers should be worn for two days and jeans or trousers are good for a week or more, jumpers for weeks.

Washing clothes is a pain, if I changed every item clothing every time I wore it Id be doing a wash every few days, I usually aim to get two weeks between doing clothes washes.

It's also extremely bad for the clothes to be washing them so much.

If somebody doesn't shower/bathe on a daily basis and is wearing clothes that touch particularly sweaty areas (underpants, socks, tshirts) more than twice, then I guarantee they will stink. I worked with a guy who made me a little sick in my mouth whenever he would walk past. He also claimed he didn't sweat and I know he didn't change his clothes regularly. I don't think he was lying about not sweating, but I think he genuinely couldn't smell it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement